PDA

View Full Version : DA 7400 build kit - keep it or sell it?

axel23
03-18-2011, 08:44 AM
I'm in the process of restoring a 20 year old Tommasini Competizione. I'm equipping it with DA 7700 (yeah, I know, it's a violation but I like the newer components and lighter Topolino wheels).

So here are my questions of the forum,
1. should I sell all the original equipment (complete DA 7400 seven-speed, with GP4s, Cinelli bar and stem, etc.) as a complete build kit
2. Part it out
3. Keep it

It's all in good shape, but since I'm not using it, does it make sense to clutter up the garage?

AngryScientist
03-18-2011, 08:48 AM
i'm making an attempt to hoard less stuff this year, bike stuff especially. i vote to part it out and sell it. if you're realistically not going to use it, and it sounds like your not based on your preference of modern componentry - sell it to someone who will use it. you'll feel better about the parts getting some love, have extra space around the shop and a few dollars in your pocket. IMO

texbike
03-18-2011, 09:13 AM
What are your long-term plans for the bike? Do you ever see yourself putting it back to its original configuration?

If so, you may want to hold onto the parts. If not, then sell the stuff..

Texbike

axel23
03-18-2011, 09:32 AM
What are your long-term plans for the bike? Do you ever see yourself putting it back to its original configuration?

If so, you may want to hold onto the parts. If not, then sell the stuff..

Texbike

Good point. It will depend on how much I ride the bike after I build it back up (waiting for handlebars now and will be on the road next weekend).