PDA

View Full Version : going to hit 70 in NJ today!

AngryScientist
03-18-2011, 06:19 AM
stuck at work until about 3 or 4, but can't wait to get home and in the saddle, today is definitely the first bibshorts day or 2011, anyone else getting out in this spring weather in the northeast?

Hank Scorpio
03-18-2011, 06:27 AM
I will be skipping our club meeting tonight and taking a ride. I was considering taking an MTB ride but I think the local trails will be too swampy.

dimsy
03-18-2011, 06:47 AM
working 'til 5, then a dentists appointment. I'm gonna miss out :crap:

but you put in an extra few miles for those of us that can't :beer:

Nooch
03-18-2011, 07:06 AM
rode in to work this morning in a summer kit with leg warmers and a craft pro-zero base layer. will enjoy the ride after work to job #2. I should finish off the day at around 27 miles.. Better than a poke in the eye....

veloduffer
03-18-2011, 07:44 AM
Cut it out! :no: I don't get off the train until 7:30. :crap:

fiamme red
03-18-2011, 07:48 AM
I rode in to work, 25 miles. Had another flat. Hope that my ride home is flat-free.

AngryScientist
03-18-2011, 07:49 AM
I rode in to work, 25 miles. Had another flat. Hope that my ride home is flat-free.

fixing a flat is a small price to pay for a day in the sun :beer:

dekindy
03-18-2011, 07:56 AM
The weather we had here in Indiana yesterday must be reaching you today. After riding with tights, shoe covers, and a Winter jersey on Sunday evening, it was full Summer attire last night. Temperature was still 70 as I was going home after dusk last night.

Our Club ride is Sunday and it is supposed to rain. :crap: Saturday is supposed to great so I may have to do the weekly Saturday morning breakfast ride even though I would rather not stop for a meal during the ride.

Nooch
03-18-2011, 08:05 AM

Been running Specialized Armadillo Elite's on my commuter/all-weather trainer and have found them to be pretty good.. I'm not terribly cautious when commuting, but they seem to be holding up to my expectations after the first couple hundred miles.

fiamme red
03-18-2011, 08:25 AM
Been running Specialized Armadillo Elite's on my commuter/all-weather trainer and have found them to be pretty good.. I'm not terribly cautious when commuting, but they seem to be holding up to my expectations after the first couple hundred miles.Yup, I'll probably switch to Armadillos, at least for the rear tire. I'm using Panaracer Pasela Tourguards now, which normally hold up pretty well, but the roads are worse than ever, full of potholes and littered with glass.

Nooch
03-18-2011, 08:49 AM
get the elites... less "dead," lighter... they're no gp4000s, but it's a decent tire..