PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Austin area ride Saturday

swg
03-17-2011, 11:14 PM
Spending a few days at Lake LBJ & would like to find a group ride in the Austin area Saturday morning.

weisan
03-17-2011, 11:49 PM
in case you haven't be told about this...

http://www.austincycling.org/rides

jh_on_the_cape
03-18-2011, 08:50 AM
I spent last weekend riding in austin and it was great. I rented at bicycle sport shop. A buddy moved there so I just followed him around for 80 miles. Look for '3 sisters' climb. That road is nice. Also 'Mountain terrace rd' or something like that.

Have fun! Great riding!

texbike
03-18-2011, 08:51 AM
Spending a few days at Lake LBJ & would like to find a group ride in the Austin area Saturday morning.

What kind of ride are you looking for? Relaxing? Fast paced? Flat? Hilly? What kind of distance?

Texbike

swg
03-18-2011, 11:18 AM
What kind of ride are you looking for? Relaxing? Fast paced? Flat? Hilly? What kind of distance?

Texbike
Around 50 miles. I love all kinds of riding so I can adapt. I am from Houston so if we want some hills we have to use parking garages:-)

texbike
03-18-2011, 02:10 PM
Around 50 miles. I love all kinds of riding so I can adapt. I am from Houston so if we want some hills we have to use parking garages:-)

OK, cool. Here are a few of the rides around town:

Austin Tri-Cyclist- starts at the Austin Tri-Cyclist store on Barton Springs at 8:30. This is a fun and fast ride with a small amount of climbing in it. There are a couple of variations on the route which can deliver 35-50 miles.

Mellow Johnny's MOTR -Starts at Mellow Johnny's downtown at 8:30. The routes tend to change.

Bicycle Sport Shop (North location) - I'm not sure if BSC runs a group ride out of the South location, but the North location at 183/Braker does a Saturday Morning ride at 9 a.m. A few hills but not too tough.

Violet Crown - Starts at the Einstein Bagels at I-35 and Parmer. Tends to go East of town to more rural areas. Flatter, to rolling hills. Typically 70-80ish this time of year, but there is usually a shorter (50-60) option.

And then of course, there are the ACA rides that were previously mentioned that can be viewed at www.austincycling.org .

I'll be on either the Violet Crown or Austin TriCyclist ride in the morning if you would like to meet up. Just shoot me a PM.

Have fun!

Texbike

steampunk
03-18-2011, 07:08 PM
FYI this Saturday's ride from MJ is also benefiting the Japanese Red Cross Society. Rapha will match your donation ($10 min).

Rapha Rides for Tohoku (http://www.rapha.cc/rapha-rides-for-tohoku)