PDA

View Full Version : seatpost Clamp

d_man16
03-16-2011, 05:48 AM
Forwards or backwards which way is right????

I've got a few a few bikes some came from with the clamp facing forward and others came to me with the clamp facing backwards.

Is there one way that is better than the other esp with carbon post???

rgds,

~D

DHallerman
03-16-2011, 06:16 AM

I've got a few a few bikes some came from with the clamp facing forward and others came to me with the clamp facing backwards.

The new Thomson seat post clamp instruction sheet says to put the bolt side to the front with carbon seat tubes or seat posts.

For all metal seat tubes and seat posts, the bolt side of the clamp can go in the rear.

The idea is to not have the slotted side of the clamp on the same side as the slotted side of the seat tube with carbon, since it's more prone to stress breaks than is metal.

HTH.

Dave, who likes how the curves of a Salsa seat post clamp matches the curves of a Chris King headset for a rear and front parallel

oldpotatoe
03-16-2011, 06:28 AM

rgds,

~D

If you have a carbon post, put the SP clamp opposite the split in the frame..keeps the 'hole' rounder when you tighten it.