PDA

View Full Version : A question on riding w/kid

fourflys
03-14-2011, 07:42 PM
So, my little one is only 3, but seems much more interested in bikes than the older one... she is always wanting to go see the "baby bikes" at the shop...

so, I was wondering when people have started riding with one of the trail-a-bikes? I realize she is still a little young now and we do have a trailer, but I thought I'd ask...

Thanks,
Chris

bigflax925
03-14-2011, 07:54 PM
I'd say when she can balance on the bike without falling off while you're riding.

My three year old actually taught himself to ride a two wheeler, unbeknownst to us. One morning while taking him to his pre-K, I dropped him off to the school's indoor auditorium. While I was talking to the teacher on duty, my boy went to the bike rack, pulled a little bike from the rack and started riding around like a circus monkey! As I stared in slack jawed amazement, the teacher waved her hand and said it was no big deal, he'd been riding it for a few weeks. No one bothered to tell us, including him. Needless to say, he has no interest in the Burley Piccolo I had bought for him, instead preferring his own bike.

Lewym
03-14-2011, 11:05 PM
depends on the kid but in my experience 4 or 5 years old. By 5, my youngest was a trooper on the trailer bike - he loves to go riding with me and can cover some real distance.

maxdog
03-14-2011, 11:52 PM
When they have the desire, can reach the pedals, safely grip the handlebars, balance on the saddle and most importantly, properly fit in a childs helmet. My experience has been around 4yrs.