PDA

View Full Version : U.S. Cycling Center

drewski
03-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I saw this and I am really excited. Hopefully this is not a bunch of hype.

This could be a neat place to take the kids.
single track course -check
cyclocross track -check
crit course- check-
bmx track -check
velodromo- check

From Blue Ridge Outdoors magazine – Construction begins this month on the U.S. Cycling Center in Rock Hill, S.C. A world-class facility for five different cycling disciplines on a 1,000-acre site situated on the edge of the Catawba River. There will b 7 miles of singletrack, a cyclocross track, a 1.5-mile paved criterium course, a BMX Supercross track, and a 250-meter concrete velodrome. Velodromes are cycling tracks with 42-degree banked walls. They’re popular in Europe, but almost non-existent in the Southeast.

CABA Board of Advisor member, and founder of 24 Hours of Booty, Spencer Leuders, has played a key role an making this project a reality. Much thanks to Spencer and his peers ! And thanks to Andrew Israel for bringing this to our attention. Rock Hill council members are convinced that a comprehensive cycling center will attract two-wheelers and their wallets. For more info CLICK: Velodrome.

oliver1850
03-14-2011, 03:26 PM

Gummee
03-15-2011, 10:03 AM
...and still nothing in NoVA...

:bike:

M

m.skeen
04-06-2011, 09:04 AM
Just found this thread. I agree, the Cycling Center and Rock Hill Riverwalk project looks very promising. I've tried to find out more on the status and residential pricing but I haven't been successful in my internets searching.