PDA

View Full Version : Handlebra Update After One Tough Winter

spierfalls
03-14-2011, 02:49 PM
So Ray was nice enough to sponsor me this winter with some new wrap for my training bike that sees very little love and lots of bad weather. This year especially I've encountered many salt filled days in upstate New York and been caught in the rain, sleet, and snow. When he handed me the wrap he said make sure you lube it up or something with some weird lotion stuff. Said it would make it last through the tough times. Of course I lost it and never bothered to "condition" it all winter but after I figure 200+ hours it looks as good as the day I put it on. Also I've taken it off to change shifters twice and also had one bad fall. Looking good Ray. Sorry I don't have any pics but it really still looks new, even without the conditioner.

Thanks a million Ray

bkboom123
03-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Good to hear the handlebra is holding up so well.....If I had a classy enough bike to put it on, I would surely have it myself.

And yes, the weather has been awful this year.....Just waiting for the first day I can go out and ride

roydyates
03-14-2011, 03:43 PM
In the thread on Angry scientist's Kona, rugbysecondrow showed us some http://handlebra.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/yellowhb.jpg

I guess that's the Handlebra Yellow? The handlebra site is confusing to me. On the handlebra homepage, I see 7 different colors, but the yellow doesn't look like rugby's link. Also, when I click on the "Visit our Product Line" link, I see a box on the right titled "HurricaneBra" with a list with links to five colors, but the colors keep changing each time I go to this page! I wonder if HurricaneBra is the same thing as handleBra? I then see somewhere where it says there are 15 colors!

So it turns out that if you click on the large word "handlebra" you go to another page, which if you scroll down has a message to scroll down and then finally you can see the 15 colors. However, this raises a new question:

Is BBD Speed Saffron the same thing as Yellow?? Apparently either one will make you faster than BumbleBeeDave, but other colors lack this feature.

maunahaole
03-14-2011, 03:54 PM
If you have questions, ask Ray. He posts here a lot and will probably follow up to your post soon. In the short time that he has been doing this, there have been numerous iterations of the product. My experience with Ray is that he loves to talk about the product and is willing to listen to input as to how to improve it.

roydyates
03-14-2011, 06:22 PM
If you have questions, ask Ray. He posts here a lot and will probably follow up to your post soon. In the short time that he has been doing this, there have been numerous iterations of the product. My experience with Ray is that he loves to talk about the product and is willing to listen to input as to how to improve it.

So far I've heard only great things about handlebra. Enough great things to make me wish I had some. I'm just saying that the website doesn't make it easy to figure out which handlebra tape I should order.

So is BBD speed saffron the same as yellow?

Ahneida Ride
03-14-2011, 06:31 PM
yes .... BBD speed saffron = yellow

I also updated the site a bit ... should be more straight forward.

I am not advertising this, but I am continuously upgrading the leather.
the new leather is quite exceptional. :hello:

The OP is on 3rd generation HB. I am up to 5th.
I just call it HandleBra. I dropped the Hurricane. It's all water repellent.

sc53
03-15-2011, 12:05 PM
5th Generation??? I'm wearing an old 1st Generation bra on two bikes! I feel shabby. But it still looks like new so I'm not replacing it.