PDA

View Full Version : head badges or decals

Serpico
05-27-2005, 09:25 PM
hello, quick question

I am ordering a CIII :banana:

does it only come with head decal, or can I order it with a badge

I'm not sure if badge is only available with certain models, or if it is an upcharge available for all models? If so, how much is the upcharge.

Thanks in advance.

aLexis
05-27-2005, 10:17 PM
The Colorado III comes standard with a decal on the headtube. You can get the HT badge for $30 (I think that is the right amt). Have you picked a color yet???

slowgoing
05-27-2005, 10:18 PM
I have a frame with each and I really like the headbadge.

Serpico
05-27-2005, 10:57 PM
...Have you picked a color yet???

-base color-cobalt blue
-"indy" paintjob with white panels and arancio stripes
-black serotta decal on downtube, black "s" decal on seat tube
-no decals on seatstays

I found this pic below on a google image search

Wayne77
05-27-2005, 11:24 PM
-base color-cobalt blue
-"indy" paintjob with white panels and arancio stripes
-black serotta decal on downtube, black "s" decal on seat tube
-no decals on seatstays

I found this pic below on a google image search

That's a very nice looking scheme! Very classy, and the arancio stripes liven things up. The Indy scheme is one of my favorites.

I say go for the headbadge, it looks very nice.

John H.
05-27-2005, 11:38 PM
Headtube decal is much cooler. The Serotta "S" is a classic.

dave thompson
05-28-2005, 12:20 AM
Both my Serottas have a head tube badge. I think the badges are understated and elegent.

Climb01742
05-28-2005, 04:31 AM
another vote for badge. the 3D quality of it adds something nice, i think. minimal weight, maximal swellness. ;)

keno
05-28-2005, 04:46 AM
at least that was my mantra. My new Ottrott has the decal, because my overall sense of the project concluded that it worked best with the bike. I tried to persuade myself to go with the badge, but I wasn't taking any of that. Rule 1 - Satisfy Yourself.

keno

Kevin
05-28-2005, 05:39 AM
I vote for the badge. I have the badge on my Ottrott and CSI.

Kevin

No Circles
05-28-2005, 06:47 AM
But no frame decals. People who ride will know what it is.

Ozz
05-28-2005, 08:11 AM
badge for style...decal for weight weenie ;)

nice color scheme...looks a little like mine! :banana:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=1470

Ziggurat
05-28-2005, 01:56 PM
badge for style...decal for weight weenie ;)

nice color scheme...looks a little like mine! :banana:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=1470

I'm getting the badge.

Nice rig Ozz, what is the signifigance of the card/suit emblems on the fork? I noticed E-Richie's fork crowns have those as well.

question 2 Arancio is a nice rich orange, correct? Not some Grey Poupon, mustard yellow... right? Just standard orange.

Thanks again guys/gals.

Serpico
05-28-2005, 07:02 PM
bttt

EDIT: The post above should be under the user id "Serpico", the username "Ziggurat" is one I use on another forum. I tried both and never validated the Z one, but apparently it works because I accidentally logged in as it above.
:confused:

97CSI
05-28-2005, 07:52 PM
The decal weighs 2g and the head-badge weighs 11g. Go for the decal. On the big climbs you will be happy you did. :D

But, seriously, if they have to drill holes in the steel for the head-badge, I would go for decal. Fewer holes in steel the better. They tend to have thin paint on the edges and a great place for rust to start.

Ozz
05-29-2005, 07:58 AM
I'm getting the badge.

Nice rig Ozz, what is the signifigance of the card/suit emblems on the fork? I noticed E-Richie's fork crowns have those as well.

question 2 Arancio is a nice rich orange, correct? Not some Grey Poupon, mustard yellow... right? Just standard orange.

Thanks again guys/gals.
Serotta used to offer (don't know if they still do) a painted fork option called "full deck" - I am not sure the significance. E-richie uses it on his lugs, and similar uses are on the Confente (spades) in the image gallery, and Colnago uses "clubs"....E-richie described how he came up with this look in thread here. It was quite awhile ago, but you might try a search.

My bike has competition yellow as the trim....not sure about Arancio. Ask your shop if they have any paint samples.

Also, I think the Serotta badges are stainless steel and no paint or screws...no rust issues.

dehoopta
05-29-2005, 12:11 PM
I just got my CdA (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=8439) and they forgot to place the badge I ordered ($50). They sent it later and it is applied using a 3M adhesive tape, no holes needed. I don't know if when placed at the factory it takes holes. I like the yellow S so much, I can't bring myself to apply the badge. Look for yourself

e-RICHIE
05-29-2005, 01:39 PM
snipped:
Serotta used to offer (don't know if they still do) a painted fork option called "full deck" - I am not sure the significance. E-richie uses it on his lugs, and similar uses are on the Confente (spades) in the image gallery, and Colnago uses "clubs"....E-richie described how he came up with this look in thread here. It was quite awhile ago, but you might try a search.

http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/5871.2.html
and
http://www.velonews.com/tech/report/articles/5871.1.html

SMUGator
05-30-2005, 02:54 AM
Lie down and close your eyes. Imagine your new bicycle. Order whatever you see in your imagination. Weight isn't the issue. Get whatever will cause you to say "Damn, that is one sexy bicycle!"