PDA

View Full Version : campagnolo seat post cradle question

bfd
03-07-2011, 12:36 PM
OK, my saddle was creaking and upon inspection I found that the lower seat post cradle was broken. One of the 4 prongs had broken off and was missing! OK, I blame it on my fat ass.... :crap: :butt:

This is on a Campy Record ti seatpost. So, the question is can I replace it with any Campy lower seat post cradle or do I have to get one that specifically fits the Campy Record ti seatpost. Thanks!

keevon
03-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Depends on the year of your seatpost.

According to Campy spare parts documentation (http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/doc/doccatid_3.jsp):

Record/Chorus '03 and earlier: 1mm pitch
Centaur '04 and earlier: 1mm pitch

Record/Chorus '04 and later: .5mm pitch

You can't mix n' match between the two.

bfd
03-07-2011, 12:52 PM
Depends on the year of your seatpost.

According to Campy spare parts documentation (http://www.campagnolo.com/jsp/en/doc/doccatid_3.jsp):

Record/Chorus '03 and earlier: 1mm pitch
Centaur '04 and earlier: 1mm pitch

Record/Chorus '04 and later: .5mm pitch

You can't mix n' match between the two.

Wow, thanks for the quick reply! I'm pretty sure its an older one. So, I guess the question is could I use a cradle from another Campy seatpost? At this point, strength and not weight is more important, so could I use one from a Campy steel seatpost? Thanks!

oldpotatoe
03-07-2011, 05:44 PM
Wow, thanks for the quick reply! I'm pretty sure its an older one. So, I guess the question is could I use a cradle from another Campy seatpost? At this point, strength and not weight is more important, so could I use one from a Campy steel seatpost? Thanks!

Need to match the notches on the end of the post with the cradle, pitch wise.

SP-RE-102 is the part number for 1mm pitch lower cradle, Record ti seatpost.

I don't have one, my main supplier doesn't either.

bfd
03-07-2011, 06:14 PM
Need to match the notches on the end of the post with the cradle, pitch wise.

SP-RE-102 is the part number for 1mm pitch lower cradle, Record ti seatpost.

I don't have one, my main supplier doesn't either.

Thanks Peter! Would you know whether any other Campy cradle would work like the Chorus SP-CH002 or Record SP-RE002? If not, what about something older like a NR/SR seatpost?

bfd
03-13-2011, 01:00 PM
Thanks for all the advice. A LBS had the exact part in stock! They told me it had been sitting in one of their drawers for "years." Sold it to me at the old list price of $36, bargain!

oldpotatoe
03-14-2011, 06:47 AM
Thanks Peter! Would you know whether any other Campy cradle would work like the Chorus SP-CH002 or Record SP-RE002? If not, what about something older like a NR/SR seatpost?

Any cradle will work from the same year as the broken post but nothing from Previous, no-'notched' cradle years.