znfdl
03-04-2011, 07:33 PM
Sneak Peek of My ride for the RI Ramble

AngryScientist
03-04-2011, 07:47 PM
depending on where you sit on that thing, it could be a painful ride :banana:

znfdl
03-04-2011, 07:51 PM
I am hoping for accompanying seat tube that I can put a post in or I better have buns of steel...... :cool:

DRZRM
03-04-2011, 09:38 PM
Zanc cx w/ disk? Awesome!!

BobbyJones
03-04-2011, 09:55 PM
Since you're building a bike for a one-day sport ride, you definitely need one of these: http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=86626 :)

Seriously though, what is it?

OBD
03-04-2011, 10:03 PM
wow..

20mm thruaxle?
8" rotor?

got some way of retaining that hub before it gets torn out of the dropout?

oh and.. where can i get one??

znfdl
03-05-2011, 05:58 AM
Not a Zanc, but a Coconino. I am planning on doing some long dirt road rides / races.....

Steve's website is at www.coconinocycles.com

If you look at droputs, should not have a problem keeping the wheel in the fork.

It will also be used as my everything bike and my primary commuter. I also plan on doing the Green Mountain Double (mostly dirt roads) and D2R2. If I get a hall pass, I will be flying out to Ca. to do some off road doubles......

The bike will hold up to 35mm Nkoians with studs and come complete with fenders.

Fixed
03-05-2011, 06:40 AM
nice legs
cheers

soulspinner
03-05-2011, 08:26 AM
Not a Zanc, but a Coconino. I am planning on doing some long dirt road rides / races.....

If you look at droputs, should not have a problem keeping the wheel in the fork.

It will also be used as my everything bike and my primary commuter. I also plan on doing the Green Mountain Double (mostly dirt roads) and D2R2. If I get a hall pass, I will be flying out to Ca. to do some off road doubles......

The bike will hold up to 35mm Nkoians with studs and come complete with fenders.

Cool bike I could have used in this nasty upstate N.Y. winter.
Slack angles too?

BillG
03-05-2011, 09:05 AM

Are you thinking of doing the Bash Bish as well?

roguedog
03-05-2011, 09:53 AM
looks awesome. really like garro's work and he's an all round good guy too.

should ride wonderfully. lucky you!

znfdl
03-05-2011, 11:07 AM
Are you thinking of doing the Bash Bish as well?

What is the bash bish?

BillG
03-05-2011, 01:02 PM
What is the bash bish?

Probably too far afield for you from DC:

http://newhorizonsbikes.com/articles/bash-bish-300k-profile-pg134.htm

znfdl
03-05-2011, 03:05 PM
Maybe, I am lways looking for an excuse to go up to Mass, as I have three brothers that live in Amherst.

tele
03-05-2011, 03:09 PM
Maybe, I am lways looking for an excuse to go up to Mass, as I have three brothers that live in Amherst.
when you come up let me know if you need anything, i am next town over from Amherst. :beer:

btw, that fork looks really nice, like a tank for the dirt roads!

BillG
03-05-2011, 05:03 PM

I've been told by John Bayley it's a great ride and I'm trying to get Ti Designs to do it. I've climbed up Bash Bish and it's beastly.

salem
03-05-2011, 06:56 PM
A friend and I are planning on Bash Bish as qualifier for GMD, or to inform us that we don't want to do GMD. Maybe I'll get to meet some of you there.

beungood
03-14-2011, 10:40 AM
Awesome ,like that fork looks indestructable. What's Bish Bash?

Ti Designs
03-14-2011, 02:05 PM
I've been told by John Bayley it's a great ride and I'm trying to get Ti Designs to do it.

Ummm, John's idea of a great ride and everyone elses idea of a great ride don't exactly see eye to eye... Then again, I can always be talked into doing something stupid - any good ice cream out that way???

Fixed
03-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Ummm, John's idea of a great ride and everyone elses idea of a great ride don't exactly see eye to eye... Then again, I can always be talked into doing something stupid - any good ice cream out that way???
no ice cream bro you are on a diet you have a mountain to climb :)
cheers

sark
03-14-2011, 02:35 PM
nice

jbay
03-14-2011, 06:47 PM
Ummm, John's idea of a great ride and everyone elses idea of a great ride don't exactly see eye to eye... Then again, I can always be talked into doing something stupid - any good ice cream out that way???Guilty as accused, yer honour.

The store at the foot of Bash Bish will probably still be closed at that time of year. There is probably ice-cream in Great Barrington after you make it over the climb. I probably shouldn't mention that the only time I've stopped in G.B. on this ride, though, was to get some hot food into the system. :rolleyes:

-- John

Ti Designs
03-15-2011, 09:27 AM
Guilty as accused, yer honour.

I happen to think it's a good thing. Who else was going to join me in pulling Karla back to the lead pack on the brevet? As I get older I crave more adventure, the rides with you never fall short. I still have to get the tandem over to Lost Lake road, once I fix the problem with the air brakes...