PDA

View Full Version : Lance Armstrong and Drugs

cnighbor1
03-04-2011, 06:52 PM
Reading bike Mags at locale bike store article on Lance stated what else can he do but tell same old story even if it is not ture.
Riding for USPS he was a Federal Employee and therefore could have violated Federal Laws. Not just State laws. wow poor lance

Charles

djg
03-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Er . . . I don't think so. He may or may not have violated federal law. He may or may not have violated state law, the terms of one or more contracts, sporting rules, marriage vows and/or the hopes and dreams of starry-eyed young sports fans everywhere. I dunno, really. But an employee of the federal government by dint of riding for a professional bike team that had a sponsorship arrangement with the USPS? Not likely.

ahumblecycler
03-04-2011, 09:40 PM
Another LA thread, really? :crap:

And it does look like all the duck are lined up nicely in a row either ... :no:

Lifelover
03-04-2011, 09:49 PM
Reading bike Mags at locale bike store article on Lance stated what else can he do but tell same old story even if it is not ture.
Riding for USPS he was a Federal Employee and therefore could have violated Federal Laws. Not just State laws. wow poor lance

Charles

Why don't you help out your LBS and buy the magazine instead of just reading it there. They are not a public library.

R2D2
03-05-2011, 05:22 AM
Another LA thread, really? :crap:

And it does look like all the duck are lined up nicely in a row either ... :no:

The last news I read about the issue, it seemed the indictment process had run out of steam. And it was to be a Federal indictment. That's why Flandis filed a whistle blower action hoping to cash in.

Walter
03-05-2011, 07:09 AM
Every sports sponsorship contract I have seen (in different sports) expressly provide that riders/drivers are not employees and are independant contractors.

I do not think the process has "run out of steam" yet. I suspect the next step may be to subpoena LA to a grand jury to set up the "perjury trap." That is what this prosecution team did in Balco for most of the defendants.

If the govt pulls the trigger on a fraud indictment (a complicated charge with many elements and a potential statute of limitations problem), the team owners are the ones who are vulnerable.

oldpotatoe
03-05-2011, 07:51 AM

Charles

Let's talk about helmets instead....

Fixed
03-05-2011, 12:20 PM
Let's talk about helmets instead....
i rode today with 2 forum members got 50 in and wore my new black carbon looking helmet i felt strong i will try to livestrong too
cheers

michael white
03-05-2011, 12:33 PM
Why don't you help out your LBS and buy the magazine instead of just reading it there. They are not a public library.

this is a very pertinent point. Doing good begins at home.

BumbleBeeDave
03-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Go to borders and rent it with the purchase of a cup of coffee like the rest of us . . . :rolleyes:

BBD

Bruce K
03-05-2011, 01:00 PM
Except my Borders is closing unde their Bankruptcy reorganization.

I guess I'll have to buy my cycling media onmy wife's Nook !!

BK

BumbleBeeDave
03-05-2011, 01:46 PM
Make that Barnes & Noble! :p

BBD

Fixed
03-05-2011, 04:14 PM
Except my Borders is closing unde their Bankruptcy reorganization.

BK
mine too i am sad too
cheers

1happygirl
03-05-2011, 04:54 PM
mine too i am sad too
cheers

ditto

Charles M
03-05-2011, 06:09 PM
In fact, the borders news is the only thing in this thread that's worth reading...

cnighbor1
03-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I been reading for free Mags at stores since 1948.
If I paid 1st before reading I would have been broke by 1987
I normally get mags at local Library but not many on bicycles

Charles

pbjbike
03-05-2011, 08:18 PM
This sounds like Charles Bukowski! He lives among us!

toaster
03-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Nice thread drift.

I rent my mags at Barnes and Noble for price of tea or coffee. Like to buy real books, not the virtual ones, though.

I wish every book I own could be on my hard drive.

BengeBoy
03-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Let's make sure I got this straight:

- We get our coffee at the book store.
- We read our magazines at the bike shop
- We buy our bike parts on the Internet.
- We read digital books at the coffee shop

No wonder people are confused.

csm
03-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Let's make sure I got this straight:

- We get our coffee at the book store.
- We read our magazines at the bike shop
- We buy our bike parts on the Internet.
- We read digital books at the coffee shop

No wonder people are confused.

and we complain about the service receieved.

Z3c
03-06-2011, 10:09 AM
and we complain about the service receieved.

+ we are sad when the brick and mortar closes...

pbjbike
03-06-2011, 11:16 AM
Happy to say that oldpotatoe's shop has started offering Rouleur. I tried to skim the current issue without buying, but OP put the kibosh on that with a Navy/Vulcan death grip. I'll gladly pay his very reasonable price on all future issues.

Fixed
03-06-2011, 09:47 PM
here is proof
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNCPEzdZs5s&feature=related

that he is ok
cheers

rounder
03-06-2011, 11:24 PM
Good video. Thanks Fixed.