PDA

View Full Version : BCM119 is for real

wasfast
05-26-2005, 01:33 PM
After several email exchanges over the last 6 months or so, I finally met BCM119(Brian) last Saturday on the weekly Saturday ride. He's the consumate climber, tall and slender. Me, I'm the opposite in size ;)
He was pulling the legs off the others in our small group at the end (all old guys like me).

It's always nice to meet someone from the web in person and make an acquantance.

William
05-26-2005, 01:40 PM
Of course, sheesh, someone had to take those pictures. ;)

William :)

I agree, cool to get together with other forum members. Molly22 is going to kick my arse all over the place this weekend.

William :)

bcm119
05-26-2005, 03:02 PM
Thanks Gary. That was a fun ride. I think you should change your name to 'isfast', though. (gary used to race track, and has some horsepower). I'll see you on June 4th!

gasman
05-26-2005, 05:07 PM
I look forward to meeting you guys in Eugene during at least one of the rides June 17-19. There will be plenty of good riding for you to enjoy here.

wasfast
05-26-2005, 07:22 PM
I look forward to meeting you guys in Eugene during at least one of the rides June 17-19. There will be plenty of good riding for you to enjoy here.

I'm still planning on coming. I stupidly forgot that my wife's birthday is June 18th (at least I remembered now instead of then!) but I asked her and she said she's willing to work around the rides (she's great!).

vaxn8r
05-26-2005, 08:11 PM
Just so you know...Old Mckenzie Hwy is open. Rode it today and it was phenomenal, as usual. 80 miles, 40 into Sisters and 40 back. 4,000 ft of climb to get there and 2000 to get back. Awesome ride. Anyone interested in making that our Saturday ride June 19?

Birddog
05-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Vax, does old McKenzie go by an old, small ski area? Is it Hoodoo? or something like that?

Birddog

gasman
05-26-2005, 09:37 PM
Vax, does old McKenzie go by an old, small ski area? Is it Hoodoo? or something like that?

Birddog

The new Mckenzie hwy goes by Hoodoo ski area-good memory Birddog. The old hwy is a different route to the south. It's a beautiful ride on a narrow winding road up then a more wide open road into Sisters. I would be up for that on Saturday. Heck I'm up for it tomorrow as I may have the day off !