PDA

View Full Version : new hipster bike shop 2 blocks from my house

Fixed
03-03-2011, 06:27 PM
it nice to have a shop near me and they are really into fixed gear bikes they have not opened yet .. . i met the owner late 20s he was going out to meet a group ride he is on a mash cinelli no brakes skinny boy blue jeans and cowboy shirt no helmet , messenger bag and a bit of a beer gut . these kids don't train they ride to party and that is fine . i am not one of them even though i was a messenger for 17 years. i am still a road racer type rider even though i like fixed gear bikes .. he was nice enough and invited me to ride along with him to the night group i said thanks but i had other plans ,,
i.m.h.o. i hope i didn't insult anyone if i did i apologize

what is wrong with being a regular cyclist that likes to ride a fixed gear bike?
cheers

AngryScientist
03-03-2011, 06:35 PM
what is wrong with being a regular cyclist that likes to ride a fixed gear bike?

not a thing:)

Frankwurst
03-03-2011, 06:39 PM
You were hip before most of those guys were probably born. To answer your question. Nothing. :beer:

rustychisel
03-03-2011, 06:43 PM
+1

there's a hipster evening ride here, they ride then they go to a pub and drink beer. That's not me (present sig line to the contrary).

avalonracing
03-03-2011, 06:45 PM
he was going out to meet a group ride he is on a mash cinelli no brakes blue jeans and cowboy shirt no helmet , messenger bag and a bit of a beer gut

And just because someone likes bikes doesn't mean that they aren't a douche.

ericspin
03-03-2011, 07:12 PM
Where is it, Sligh and Nebraska?

BTW, I consider myself a road bike guy......that likes to ride fixed also.

Fixed
03-03-2011, 07:37 PM
give me a ring we can go see the shop friday
cheers