PDA

View Full Version : Exceptional Non-Slip Knee Warmers?

Nil Else
03-02-2011, 11:48 PM
I have PI (older orig. version) and Assos knee warmers. They both lack silicon grippers on the upper end (why..?!). Some say PI and Assos work fine for them. I conclude it depends on shape of your legs. For me, they are great for mixing in some good arm work out intervals while riding. However at this point I'd like knee warmers that stays put... at least better and longer. I hate loose bunched up warmers sliding down my legs.

So far I found two person recommending Capo knee warmers... but they seem to make few different models.

What is the consensus(!) on best 'stay-up' knee warmers?

JohnHemlock
03-02-2011, 11:50 PM
My Raphas never slip but I have thighs like Earl Campbell.

false_Aest
03-03-2011, 12:20 AM
buy defeet things

i had my first set for 10 years.

my 2nd set is better.

fogrider
03-03-2011, 01:33 AM
I've got a pair from nashbar and they've been great. http://www.nashbar.com/bikes/Product_10053_10052_167063_-1___

Nil Else
03-03-2011, 01:56 AM
Hmmm... so far three different suggestions.

I have 2 pairs already and I don't like neither. I need more information like do they have silicon grippers on both ends and they stay put exceptionally better than such and such brands/anything you tried etc etc. I'm trying to avoid ending up with 10 pair collection and still searching.

1centaur
03-03-2011, 05:04 AM
This might be a job for the higher level customer service of Competitive Cyclist.

ahumblecycler
03-03-2011, 06:01 AM
Capoforma! I love my leg warmers ... no slip ... the only pain of that is that they are incredibly difficult to slip down to the ankle mid ride ... but I will take that pain knowing I never have to adjust them.

swt
03-03-2011, 06:13 AM
buy defeet things

this

Birddog
03-03-2011, 06:31 AM
DeFeet Kneekers, made of wool. Mine never slip and they have a wide comfort range.

leooooo
03-03-2011, 06:43 AM
Like you mentioned, highly dependent on leg size/shape.

But, you can always fold the ones that don't stay up in your bibs.
Works like a charm :)

Louis
03-03-2011, 07:16 AM
NE, do you put the warmers under or over your shorts/bibs? In my experience they stay up better if they are under.

jlwdm
03-03-2011, 08:59 AM
Capo for three years have been excellent. Assos wore twice and gave them away.

Jeff

EDS
03-03-2011, 09:06 AM
I have hincapie knee warmers that never slip. They have silicone on the inside cuff on the bottom and silicone grippers on both the inside and outside of the cuff on the top. They stay put whether my legs are shaved or not, embrocated or not, etc.

FlashUNC
03-03-2011, 09:14 AM
I have PI (older orig. version) and Assos knee warmers. They both lack silicon grippers on the upper end (why..?!).

I've always found knee warmer with silicone grippers up top tend to chafe, since I'm tucking them under my shorts. Never had a problem with them slipping if I give them a good inch or two of short overlap.

But yeah, I've found knee and arm warmers to be very body-specific.

oldpotatoe
03-03-2011, 09:28 AM
I have PI (older orig. version) and Assos knee warmers. They both lack silicon grippers on the upper end (why..?!). Some say PI and Assos work fine for them. I conclude it depends on shape of your legs. For me, they are great for mixing in some good arm work out intervals while riding. However at this point I'd like knee warmers that stays put... at least better and longer. I hate loose bunched up warmers sliding down my legs.

So far I found two person recommending Capo knee warmers... but they seem to make few different models.

What is the consensus(!) on best 'stay-up' knee warmers?

My Mavic stuff is 30% off.

http://www.mavic.com/en/product/apparel/headwear-warmers/apparel/Knee-Warmer

cp43
03-03-2011, 09:56 AM
I've been using Novara ones from REI for a few years now, no slippage problems. They silicone grippers for the thighs, and I wear them under the my shorts.

I can't compare them to anything else, as I've never had a reason to use anything else.

Chris

Nil Else
03-03-2011, 10:40 AM
you can always fold the ones that don't stay up in your bibs.
Works like a charm :)
I need to try this...just fold once under the shorts?

NE, do you put the warmers under or over your shorts/bibs? In my experience they stay up better if they are under.
Definitely and always, under... though I've tried 'over' just to see if it would help... NOT!

I have hincapie knee warmers that never slip. They have silicone on the inside cuff on the bottom and silicone grippers on both the inside and outside of the cuff on the top. They stay put whether my legs are shaved or not, embrocated or not, etc.
I like this idea! I'm putting Hincapie on the list with Capo and Defeet.

I'm looking at Hincapie Arenberg Knee Warmer. Do these run small, or large?

Capo for three years have been excellent. Assos wore twice and gave them away.

Jeff
Which model? This one? http://www.realcyclist.com/capo-modena-knee-warmer

BdaGhisallo
03-03-2011, 11:56 AM
DeFeet Kneekers, made of wool. Mine never slip and they have a wide comfort range.

I'll affirm this choice. These are the best.

Pyramor
03-03-2011, 12:06 PM
You can get silicone gripper material on-line. I don't recall where I found it, but cost was under $10.00 including shipping for 3-4 yards. Can do several pair with that much. Easy sewing with machine. I had to do that for an old pair where the gripper material had deteriorated due to age. Theirs, not mine.

Nil Else
03-03-2011, 12:19 PM
Easy sewing with machine.

I always wanted to learn how to use a sewing machine... to make (or alter) stuff you just can't find anywhere. I happened to have a serious industrial one (Juki)... fearful of sewing my finger. :eek: :help:

jlwdm
03-03-2011, 08:23 PM
Which model? This one? http://www.realcyclist.com/capo-modena-knee-warmer

No. Plain black - Roubaix (http://www.coloradocyclist.com/product/item/CAPXRQHF)

Jeff

pdmtong
03-04-2011, 12:23 AM
rapha +1