PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Project Helmet Sizing Report

PaulE
03-02-2011, 07:08 PM
Thanks to this thread (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=86169&page=1&pp=15) in the classifieds, I learned of the Rudy Project sale and bought an Actyum helmet for $50. My current helmets are all Giros - a S/M Pneumo from when it only came in 2 sizes - S/M or L, and an Atmos and Ionos both in M. Some of the posts about the sizing of Rudy helmets in that thread gave me some pause as to what size to order, but in the end I went with the S/M. It came today and fits me fine. Definitely a different interior shape than any of the Giros I have, and the comment that it fits like a yarmulke was a good description. But it looks like a nice helmet and feels fine on my mellon - think I'm going to like it.

It also came with both regular pads and a set of pads sewn together with netting to keep bugs from entering the helmet vents. Their size adjustment wheel seems like a good idea too. Thanks to mcallen for tipping me off to the sale!

VanBikeGuy
03-08-2011, 10:53 AM
I have a 58cm head so I was right on the borderline for either size, but went with the Large to be cautious. It fits fine (very comfortable....more than my Ionos), but I'm left wondering if the S/M would have fit as well. For the price I paid, it can't be beat! Plus, I have lots of room for a winter hat if necessary.

sam.g
03-10-2011, 12:57 PM
Just recieved the Sterling in the S/M size, my pumpkin measures 57cm. Haven't had it out on a ride yet but it fits just fine, I wear a M in Bell and Giro models.

Thanks PaulE

Sam in Cincy

fiamme red
03-10-2011, 03:18 PM
I appreciate this thread, since I'm about to buy an on-sale Garneau. Size L seems right for me.

Edit to add: I obviously can't read. I confused Garneau and Rudy Project. :crap:

FixedNotBroken
03-10-2011, 04:12 PM
Just recieved the Sterling in the S/M size, my pumpkin measures 57cm. Haven't had it out on a ride yet but it fits just fine, I wear a M in Bell and Giro models.

Thanks PaulE

Sam in Cincy

I quit using my Atmos once I tried on the Sterling..hands down the most comfortable helmet I have ever used. I use the netting padding, super comfortable and it does well with the sweat. Hope you enjoy your helmet! They are great.