PDA

View Full Version : Indy Fab - Planet-X

xjahx
03-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Akelman, looks like she is still making her rounds:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Independent-Fabrication-Planet-X-Steel-Cross-/220747839295?pt=Road_Bikes&hash=item336598b73f

How many owners has she had now? Still beautiful.

akelman
03-01-2011, 09:34 PM
Hah! I saw the frame on CL and thought of you. Such a beautiful frame.

Mattbotak
03-01-2011, 11:06 PM
love the color and the frame......except the pink. Saw this on CL, and would have snatched it up if not for the color combo.

JeremyS
03-01-2011, 11:25 PM
I know of the seller. Good guy to buy from cause he goes through bikes like water. Doesn't spend enough time on each one to do any damage.

raygunner
03-02-2011, 12:25 AM
I love this combo...I'm getting my Independence repainted like this!

Dave B
03-02-2011, 07:15 AM
I know I want her back!

denapista
03-03-2011, 11:27 PM
The frame is still my frame when I posted it on here months ago. I've been sitting on the frame since last year. I'm the 4th owner as I bought it from my buddy who also never built it up. So technically it's only been used twice. The frame is still new looking minus the roof rack scratches. The dropouts still look in new'ish condition. Hate to sell it, but it's just money sitting in my living room bike pile. I'll get a custom Cross bike when the time permits. Maybe a Speedvagen or a Rock Lobster.

The frame was never built up. For the record I don't go thru bikes like water. 1st road bike (Time Edge VX) was nice, but I got a deal on a Cervelo R3SL which was super stiff for my liking so I jumped on a Parlee for dirt cheap. The Z4 rides better than my R3SL and descends way better than that cervelo that never turned in.. My Parlee will be my last road bike for a while. The Parlee is so nice that I don't see myself riding any other bike, the reason the IF has to go.