PDA

View Full Version : Question about SRAM Red hoods? Narrower set up?

rinconryder
02-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Just an observation, but I wanted to see if anyone else maybe felt the same or if I just have the setup off. The SRAM red hoods seem to point in a little from the bars, at least when I set them up in a position that I believed to be straight. The end result being you might want to run your bars 2cm wider than you would say if you used campy shifters. Had anyone else experienced this? To confirm this I measured my campy set up (using the exact same bars) from top of the hood to top of the hood and came up with a measaurement closer to that of actual width of the bars, but when I measured the Red hoods they measure 2cm narrower from the the actual bar width.

On a side note I am really liking the SRAM Red and extremely easy to set up although I am having some brake clearance issues with the front tire.

Tim
02-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I just went and had a look at my Sram Red levers- and they seem to point outwards, looking at them from behind, and the lever part definitely angles outwards at the bottom of the lever- so that the width of the brake hoods didn't change when I switched over from Shimano levers. Anyway, I find them to be the most comfortable lever I have ever used- highly recommended.

rinconryder
02-28-2011, 03:17 PM
levers definitely point out more than either campy or shimano, but the hoods themselves seem to slant inwards which to makes sense since it conforms more to the angle of you hands.