PDA

View Full Version : NAHBS, 2012 -- Sacramento, CA

akelman
02-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Apparently NAHBS will be in Sacramento next year. Which means that I'll be throwing a rather large party at my place. It'll be too early to swim, unfortunately, so we might have to fill the pool with beer. Or maybe we'll empty it and use it for skateboarding.

fourflys
02-27-2011, 08:20 PM
Apparently NAHBS will be in Sacramento next year. Which means that I'll be throwing a rather large party at my place. It'll be too early to swim, unfortunately, so we might have to fill the pool with beer. Or maybe we'll empty it and use it for skateboarding.

I'm so there! :banana:

Louis
02-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Not to jump ahead too quickly, but I hope that means that 2013 will be in the Midwest somewhere.

Enjoy 2012.

akelman
02-27-2011, 08:22 PM
C'mon, Louis, you should come out. Or, if you can't make it, at least send your Kirk.

roguedog
02-27-2011, 08:25 PM
YESSSSS! <dancing> :banana: :banana: <dancing> :hello: :hello: <dancing>

oh.. this might be expensive. :o

Louis
02-27-2011, 08:28 PM
C'mon, Louis, you should come out. Or, if you can't make it, at least send your Kirk.

We'll see about traveling for that. I've seen some of CA, but never Sacramento.

As far as sending the Kirk, I think Dave only shows new bikes, and hopefully by then it will have lots of miles on it... :)

fourflys
02-27-2011, 08:29 PM
YESSSSS! <dancing> :banana: :banana: <dancing> :hello: :hello: <dancing>

oh.. this might be expensive. :o

this could be my last hurrah before I have to go to Alaska on a small island for 3 years.. so, yes I will make the most of it...

akelman
02-27-2011, 08:32 PM
this could be my last hurrah before I have to go to Alaska on a small island for 3 years.. so, yes I will make the most of it...

There are easier ways to avoid extradition, fourflys. Roman Polanski has been in Paris for decades.

troymac
02-27-2011, 09:33 PM
Wow this is great for me in my hometown look forward to being there ... if anyone needs travel tips etc when the time comes pm me . We have some wonderful pavement out here. :hello:

weaponsgrade
02-27-2011, 09:44 PM
Excellent. I've been patiently waiting for it to come back to N. Cal. I went when it was in San Jose - 2nd year? - and it looks like it's grown ever since. It'll be cool to compare.

fogrider
02-27-2011, 10:16 PM
very cool! we need to do a ride after the the show! its pretty flat in sac town, maybe a fixie ride...who's in?

don compton
02-27-2011, 10:17 PM
I attended the shows in San Jose and thoroughly enjoyed them. Along with the "Tour of Ca.", I see a real growth in cycling. Today in Ione,ca., there were four different ride groups. I see a lot of "baby boomers" riding. So long to tennis and golf.
Don C.

sin911
02-27-2011, 10:32 PM
very cool! we need to do a ride after the the show! its pretty flat in sac town, maybe a fixie ride...who's in?

If I do go.. Count me in for the ride!

troymac
02-27-2011, 10:37 PM
Generally speaking true but we have rides very close(within 30min of sac proper) that are pretty hilly. We do have the American River Parkway which has some the smoothest pavement in the area and no cars. If you go to the Amgen TOC site they have a great stage 2 right out of Auburn ... great riding area and hills plenty. :banana:

coelacant
02-27-2011, 10:39 PM
You can go on the A. river trail to Folsom and back, about 30mi one way? can't remember, flat and scenic, easy on a fixie. Sacto is only 1hr + from the Bay Area so I'd propably go.
C

troymac
02-27-2011, 10:47 PM
You can go on the A. river trail to Folsom and back, about 30mi one way? can't remember, flat and scenic, easy on a fixie. Sacto is only 1hr + from the Bay Area so I'd propably go.

C
Yes one major hill to Beals point Folsom Lake 5% to a small section at 12%(this section is about 2 miles long) and it is about 30 plus miles