PDA

View Full Version : 40 nice and hilly FIXED miles today

Smiley
02-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Gotta say winter time is fixee time for me, the Fillet Bedford got the nod today over the Kogs and the weight differences made it feel not so hard :rolleyes:

Geared biking can wait awhile longer in my book, got passed by some young chick going up the killer 1 mile climb at Old Anglers and she looks over and says gutsy, I say "what will this kill me" and I grabbed her wheel to the top. NICE senior moment for sure :banana:

Fixed
02-26-2011, 07:31 PM
nice story Smiley
fixed used to be for winter riding here too that is when i got hooked on them
cheers

rugbysecondrow
02-26-2011, 07:36 PM
Gotta say winter time is fixee time for me, the Fillet Bedford got the nod today over the Kogs and the weight differences made it feel not so hard :rolleyes:

Geared biking can wait awhile longer in my book, got passed by some young chick going up the killer 1 mile climb at Old Anglers and she looks over and says gutsy, I say "what will this kill me" and I grabbed her wheel to the top. NICE senior moment for sure :banana:

Those are the best types to follow Smiley, especially up hills. :banana:

Elefantino
02-26-2011, 07:39 PM
Those are the best types to follow Smiley, especially up hills. :banana:
A few years back on Wolfpen Gap in Georgia I hooked up (on the bike) with a young lady wearing black and pink and riding a Legend. We took turns pulling each other, alternating on the switchbacks.

I definitely got the better ... um ... end of the deal.

rounder
02-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I wasn't riding a fixed and i wasn't riding uphill. I was working this week in Antelope Valley about 75 miles north from Los Angeles. Anyway, on the way back we were descending from about 4,000' on CA 14. We must have driven downhill for about 20 miles with switchbacks before we leveled out. Would love to have ridden that on a bike.

It was cool there. It was the upper Mojave Desert and the topography was low level junipers and Joshua trees, surrounded by mountains with snow on them that were about 4-6,000 feet.

spiderman
02-26-2011, 09:14 PM

i went to the basement and looked at my fixed gear bikes in the rafters...
...instead with the snow falling and the temperature plus one...
i took off for a single speed, pugsley lap on the lake
longing for some time on the fixed.
...now you've got me thinking bedford...
that thought will be a good one to have fixed in my brain!
got a picture or two or were you too busy riding to get out your phone??