PDA

View Full Version : Tire clearance on S3 Forks?

timto
02-25-2011, 12:04 PM
I tried to search for this info but here goes...

Looking at the S3 in a 1" for a project - and can't seem to find info on

Axle to Crown
Tire Clearance

Like is this a 372 long fork designed for max 23 mm tire? Anyone have one try to slip a 25 michelin in there?

Tim

EDIT - very cool that Serotta has produced 1" carbon forks. It's pretty much the only game in town apart from the eastons... I tried the serotta forks page but the only real info there is available rakes. Cheers

SHOCK
02-25-2011, 08:37 PM
A 25c tire will not be a problem in our carbon forks. Axle to crown is 37.2 cm. Different wheel/tire combinations may not actually measure at 25 mm. I have some photos on my work computer that show the clearance. I will post them on Monday. I just built up a Velocity A23 that I want to check out how the clearance is with the wider rim. Feel free to email me at scott@serotta.com with any additional questions.

timto
02-25-2011, 10:39 PM
A 25c tire will not be a problem in our carbon forks. Axle to crown is 37.2 cm. Different wheel/tire combinations may not actually measure at 25 mm. I have some photos on my work computer that show the clearance. I will post them on Monday. I just built up a Velocity A23 that I want to check out how the clearance is with the wider rim. Feel free to email me at scott@serotta.com with any additional questions.

Thanks for the reply look forward to the picture! thank you!