PDA

View Full Version : Where's the Penny Farthing??

oldpotatoe
02-25-2011, 11:10 AM
http://bikeportland.org/2011/02/25/nahbs-sneak-peek-calfees-carboon-bamboo-tall-bike-48590

I wonder if Craig wonders why the sale of his carbon frames is off so much?

"do one thing and do it well', comes to mind, seems Craig has forgotten this.

-Former Calfee Dealer

130R
02-25-2011, 11:56 AM
his company makes bike frames

let him have fun with it.

SamIAm
02-25-2011, 12:15 PM
http://bikeportland.org/2011/02/25/nahbs-sneak-peek-calfees-carboon-bamboo-tall-bike-48590

-Former Calfee Dealer

I, nor anyone I know, nor anyone I have seen out riding, are into these bamboo bikes. I guess he sells some, but I can't imagine he sells many.

My wife almost "surprised" me with one of these Christmas 2009, thankfully she chose Dave Wages (Ellis) instead.

FlashUNC
02-25-2011, 12:47 PM
There's one bamboo Calfee here in the local neighborhood. It does look pretty cool in person, and I do have to give him credit for diving into an alternative frame material with both feet.

But yeah, I never know if it will catch on.

gemship
02-25-2011, 05:03 PM

-Former Calfee Dealer

thanks for the link, I think his bike's are interesting. I bet he does bamboo well, c'mon you got the bucks, you own enough steel bikes :rolleyes: Walk the talk or quit your bitching. ;)

bicycletricycle
02-25-2011, 05:08 PM
i have ridden the bamboo and i have to say that it performed very well.

tall bikes are really stupid.

oldpotatoe
02-25-2011, 05:18 PM
thanks for the link, I think his bike's are interesting. I bet he does bamboo well, c'mon you got the bucks, you own enough steel bikes :rolleyes: Walk the talk or quit your bitching. ;)

Owned a Calfee...sold it after less than a year..even while I was still a Calfee dealer. After the 5th or 6th frame showed up with major problems, and after a meeting with him where he said 'all the problems are behind us', next 2 were a mess. Adios Calfee.

gemship
02-25-2011, 05:24 PM
Owned a Calfee...sold it after less than a year..even while I was still a Calfee dealer. After the 5th or 6th frame showed up with major problems, and after a meeting with him where he said 'all the problems are behind us', next 2 were a mess. Adios Calfee.

okay you got my seal of approval, Calfee's Stink! Let's trash em oh yeah! :hello:

Nil Else
02-25-2011, 05:56 PM
I'm sure he is very good at what he does... if not before he ought to by now. I hated them cheap bamboo furniture of 70s-80s. They were inevitably always broken and sits sorta lopsided. I can't help his bamboo frames reminds me those ugly furniture... and even his non-bamboo frames, to me, somehow seems have that bamboo frame-ness.