PDA

View Full Version : good morning it is friday

Fixed
02-25-2011, 06:34 AM
hope everyone has a great weekend and riding or exercising this weekend .
i am going to Tallahassee for my son's last piano audition . i am going fora quick ride now and will ride again i hope sunday evening . have fun guys
cheers
what are you doing this weekend?

godfrey1112000
02-25-2011, 06:47 AM
I am in Las Vegas with my new HC, #295
we have ridden Lake Mead the past three days

leaving for Death Valley to do the Spring Double Century,
weather is spotty in DV, starts with rain then it gets nice,

Have a great weekend :beer:

Fixed
02-25-2011, 07:36 AM
good luck sounds like a great adventure
cheers

zap
02-25-2011, 08:29 AM
I'm in south florida enjoying the warm weather and the flora. Soaking up the rays as my foot heals.

Wilkinson4
02-25-2011, 08:30 AM
No riding for this boy but I'll be around bikes all weekend. NAHBS or bust!

mIKE

sjbraun
02-25-2011, 08:46 AM
I catch a plane to Austin in a couple of hours, NAHBS and a visit with the kids.
:banana: :banana: :banana:

Kevan
02-25-2011, 10:31 AM
This was taken a bit over an hour ago, 'bout 5 miles north of White Plains NY. Any of you doing the weekend Gimbel's rides probably have seen this scene passing over the bridge on route 22, just south of route 120.

I pulled over the car after dropping off my daughter at work and risked speeding traffic, sloppy conditions including a soggy rain, and monster umbrella that wanted to take me out to join this scene with each wind gust.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5060/5476200627_40a59ec761_o.jpg

Ken Robb
02-25-2011, 12:02 PM
SoCal is expecting a BIG winter storm from Alaska w/lots of rain and snow possibly down as low as 1500' elevation.

I am rather amused that some locals w/cabins in the hiils/mountains are heading up this afternoon so they don't miss the snowy beauty and potential of being snowed in.

I just knew my pals in colder climes would get a kick out of that idea. :beer:

SamIAm
02-25-2011, 12:10 PM
Headed for the newly acquired mountain home. Taking my Bedford and plan to scope out some good riding routes for when I am up there followed by a soak in the hot tub and just maybe, let's make that probably, a bottle of vino and filets with my wife.

Kevan
02-25-2011, 12:11 PM
I'll rent out my house for $5,000 a week. Peak season, yuh know?

biker72
02-25-2011, 01:58 PM
The Saturday/Sunday forecast for Dallas is sunny and temps in the mid 70's. I hate to ride in such crappy weather but someone has to do it. :p

I'll try to get some decent miles in this weekend. :)

gasman
02-25-2011, 02:07 PM
Skate skiing for 2 hrs Sat. Not sure about Sun yet.
Sending in registration for the Cascade Cream Puff- 100 mile mtn bike race July 10 with 15,000 feet of climbing. Doubt I'll finish

Dlevy05
02-25-2011, 02:18 PM
Anticipating the snow that's supposed to fall tonight in the SAN FRANCISCO BAY AREA!!!!

Fixed
02-25-2011, 04:03 PM
i bought a soma rush today
cheers

Dlevy05
02-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Awesome! Was that in lieu of the japanese themed bike you posted earlier?

Kevan
02-25-2011, 04:47 PM
least my heart got warmed up a bit. Nuthin' like someone getting a new (to them) bicycle.

Totally cool looking, I might add.

old_fat_and_slow
02-25-2011, 05:26 PM
i bought a soma rush today
cheers

Wow, I guess "The Look" from Mrs. Fixed isn't all that intimidating or severe after all ? ! ? !

Fixed bought a bike despite the looming threat of "The Look".

BTW, can you post a photie of "The Look", after Mrs. Fixed gets in full form?

BCS
02-25-2011, 05:32 PM
My weekend started early. 3.5 hours solo thru the rolling hills of apopka and Mt. Dora. It was 82*. :D

Fixed
02-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow, I guess "The Look" from Mrs. Fixed isn't all that intimidating or severe after all ? ! ? !

Fixed bought a bike despite the looming threat of "The Look".

BTW, can you post a photie of "The Look", after Mrs. Fixed gets in full form?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=it1NaXrIN9I
cheers

CaptStash
02-25-2011, 11:35 PM
Home on Saturday from L.A. Then Chilly Hilly with several thousand of my closest friends on Bainbridge Island.

Hey Gasman! Where do you skate? Hyak? We should meet up for some cross training sometime.

CaptStash....

Fixed
02-26-2011, 05:53 AM
i am in tally the state capital this week end
took my dog for a walk heard a bunch of noise
walked over to a parking garage saw a big group maybe 50 young college kids playing bike polo . you know what they all had that smile on their faces that we do when we are riding our bikes and loving it

cool night i really like seeing that penny my dog liked it too cheers
cheers

Fixed
02-26-2011, 06:50 AM
My weekend started early. 3.5 hours solo thru the rolling hills of apopka and Mt. Dora. It was 82*. :D
how did your long ride go last week? did i remember right 200k ?
cheers

Fixed
02-27-2011, 05:00 AM
well this weekend will go down as one of the best in my life .my sons audition
for the music college at f.s.u. went fantastic . the head piano professor met with my son after the audition he told my son he loved his playing ,and was going to do everything in his power to entice him to go to f.s.u. over the other schools that want him...yahoo for me this has been my goal for him and for my son . f.s.u.'s music program is one of the highest rated in the country

add in the new bike and beautiful city of Tallahassee .this weekend i will always remember and cherish the memories ..now for the drive back and an late afternoon bike ride .. the smile on my face on todays ride will be even bigger than normal thank you god for this wonderful experience .
cheers ..

rnhood
02-27-2011, 06:07 AM
That's excellent news Fixed! A good reason reason to smile. Who knows, maybe some of us will get to hear him play someday.

Fixed
02-27-2011, 06:46 AM
That's excellent news Fixed! A good reason reason to smile. Who knows, maybe some of us will get to hear him play someday.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1VjyHxmpUc
always glad to fulfill request
cheers

Ken Robb
02-27-2011, 08:54 AM
Another reason to smile: IN-STATE TUITION!!!
One mmore: Cheap and easy trips to and fro so you can see him often.

Fixed
02-27-2011, 02:43 PM
Another reason to smile: IN-STATE TUITION!!!
One mmore: Cheap and easy trips to and fro so you can see him often.
exactly
+1
cheers
and there is bikes and bike polo everywhere now i need to figure how to make a mallet :)
cheers

Kevan
02-27-2011, 07:01 PM
well this weekend will go down as one of the best in my life .my sons audition
for the music college at f.s.u. went fantastic . the head piano professor met with my son after the audition he told my son he loved his playing ,and was going to do everything in his power to entice him to go to f.s.u. over the other schools that want him...yahoo for me this has been my goal for him and for my son . f.s.u.'s music program is one of the highest rated in the country

add in the new bike and beautiful city of Tallahassee .this weekend i will always remember and cherish the memories ..now for the drive back and an late afternoon bike ride .. the smile on my face on todays ride will be even bigger than normal thank you god for this wonderful experience .
cheers ..

I had a similar event this weekend. My daughter was notified early that she has been accepted to the New School University (NYC) and its International Affairs program. The good news did stop there, she was given a substantial discount on the tuition too.

I'ma proud papa.

Fixed
02-27-2011, 07:10 PM
I had a similar event this weekend. My daughter was notified early that she has been accepted to the New School University (NYC) and its International Affairs program. The good news did stop there, she was given a substantial discount on the tuition too.

I'ma proud papa.
congratulations nice going ..daughter and you
:banana:
cheers