PDA

View Full Version : OT: once again, flash on the iphone

vqdriver
02-23-2011, 08:41 PM
now that cloudbrowse and skyfire have been out for a while, does anyone have any experience with them?

1happygirl
02-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Bump.

I don't have any experience but would like to know too. I possibly will be getting an Iphone (yeah Verizon) this summer and would like to know.

FWIW, on my MacBook I do have problems surfing and viewing in Safari. It's getting better but once Apple falls off the popularity cliff again and developers and major media websites see a decline, Apple once again will not be considered in design viewing options. Streaming is a nightmare for me sometimes.

avalonracing
02-24-2011, 09:42 AM
once Apple falls off the popularity cliff again and developers and major media websites see a decline, Apple once again will not be considered in design viewing options.

And you are you basing Apple "falling off the popularity cliff" because its market share has been growing or because you can't find an Apple store that is jam packed? As more people initially use or switch to Apple the more they will stay with Apple.

1happygirl
02-24-2011, 09:57 AM
And you are you basing Apple "falling off the popularity cliff" because its market share has been growing or because you can't find an Apple store that is jam packed? As more people initially use or switch to Apple the more they will stay with Apple.

Nah, just seeing the popularity of Android growing against Apple and from helping peeps/playing with their Androids. I see the potential. I would even consider an Android after seeing the cool apps. Even as a resurrected diehard Apple fan (I've been post, pre, post Jobs) that left the fold for a while, I knew how hard it was to find office software and interfacing software to do what was needed /wanted. The market at the time wasn't there. I hope your right and the Apple train continues. A two-edged sword for me of wanting popularity enough to make developers see the profitability of r&d in the OS but not wanting it to be so popular it suffers from the Great Satan windows flaws.

Watching CNBC on the market share and talking to other people, Apple has a distinct allure that is not as pedestrian as Windows. Some peeps, including my parents, don't wanna learn anything new so will never change despite being given a test drive.

bigflax925
02-24-2011, 04:05 PM
I use Skyfire on both my iPhones and iPad. It's ok. It has some bugs, such as crashing if you have a URL on the clipboard. Video and splash screens are not instantaneous, but it does work.

I don't use it as my primary browser, as I don't find it very intuitive or stocked with features, but it does the job and us better than lugging around a laptop.

allegretto
02-24-2011, 04:36 PM
try Firefox on your Mac. I much prefer it to Safari

markie
02-24-2011, 04:52 PM
I like chrome on my mac (and on my horrible work PC). Anything is better than explorer.

avalonracing
02-24-2011, 04:53 PM
I'm still a huge Safari fan. I find it to be very stable, quick and intuitive.