PDA

View Full Version : silver zero setback seat post with a low profile head

bumknees
02-23-2011, 11:36 AM
I use a Brooks Swallow saddle in my experience, seat posts with Thomsom-style heads tend to hit the metal plate on the underside of the saddle. Are there any decent zero setback seat posts (27.2mm) with low profile heads? I know that Ritchey makes a black one, but if at all possible, I'd like a silver one. Thanks!

vqdriver
02-23-2011, 01:32 PM
I ran into this same thing. I ended up just taping in a rubber shim on the head. Another option is to get a setback post and sliding the saddle forward. The saddle had enough rail for me to do that.

AngryScientist
02-23-2011, 01:41 PM
the crank-bros one looks like it would work well for you.

http://www.performancebike.com/images/performance/products/large/50-7880-IRN-SIDE.jpg

oldpotatoe
02-23-2011, 01:55 PM
I use a Brooks Swallow saddle in my experience, seat posts with Thomsom-style heads tend to hit the metal plate on the underside of the saddle. Are there any decent zero setback seat posts (27.2mm) with low profile heads? I know that Ritchey makes a black one, but if at all possible, I'd like a silver one. Thanks!

Moots

bumknees
02-23-2011, 02:40 PM
I may look into the Crank Bros. The Moots is nice, but a bit more than I'd like to spend...