02-21-2011, 07:50 PM
what riding an hour everyday has done for me
it is simply amazing
night and day
thanks to all you guys who help keep me motivated
cheers

Steve in SLO
02-21-2011, 07:54 PM
Cheers to all of us, fixed...we motivate each other.

thwart
02-21-2011, 08:28 PM
That's great to hear!

A tonic for the body and the mind.

fourflys
02-21-2011, 08:36 PM
glad to hear it Fixed! Keep it up Brother!

AngryScientist
02-21-2011, 08:40 PM
it is amazing.

i often think about this. exercise is such a wonderful thing. it helps me sleep at night. it always makes me feel better. even when i get dropped, i feel better.

keep up the good work fixed.

spiderman
02-21-2011, 08:49 PM
i was out for my hour at noon...
...best ride of the winter
with a lunch stop at subway
and back to work for the rest of my 'on-call' day!
everything spins smooth when the bike keeps me company!

i looked out the window this morning
and thought
it's bad enough to drive
but when i went to scrape the ice off my windows
i took the easy way out
and jumped on the bike instead.
i actually thought of you, fixed
as i cruised down the street
thinking...man...fixed would love this!

Fixed
02-21-2011, 09:15 PM
thanks guys and spidey that sounds like a great adventure to me .

each days ride is special enjoy it
cheers

pjm
02-22-2011, 08:37 AM
Just imagine how hard it is to stay motivated here. Current temperature - 9 degrees.

rounder
02-22-2011, 09:10 AM
Keep the faith.

Fixed
02-23-2011, 07:55 PM
i was telling my wife how good i was feeling . she sure can tell the difference
in me too . a few months ago somedays i couldn't get out of bed i was tired all the time and had a bad mood .,,, she told me i have been riding 10 hours a week the last couple of weeks i don't know what the future holds but if feeling good is part of it i am ok with it . i have a goal of doing a century .. goals are good for the spirit. imho
cheers thanks guys

bumknees
02-24-2011, 05:04 AM
cycling keeps me sane, but leaves my wallet feeling hungry... I just wish I could ride even more

ti_boi
02-24-2011, 08:06 AM
Cycling really isn't an option here in the frozen north. I see a few guys out, real diehards. Winter gear is not the issue. The issue is ice and the other drivers on the road. The ice can take you down very, very quickly. If I lived in your area you can bet that I'd be out. This is the time! It'll be tougher then it hits 110 degrees with 90 percent humidity. But just imagine the sweat!

Firenze
02-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Thanks for posting this! It has been a long time but I do remember that feeling and am going after it again. Century, here I come,
Arch

spiderman
02-24-2011, 01:42 PM
Cycling really isn't an option here in the frozen north. I see a few guys out, real diehards. Winter gear is not the issue. The issue is ice and the other drivers on the road. The ice can take you down very, very quickly. If I lived in your area you can bet that I'd be out. This is the time! It'll be tougher then it hits 110 degrees with 90 percent humidity. But just imagine the sweat!

come pugsley riding with me for a week...
...we'll stay off the roads
and you'll have the time of your life!
==promise==
spidey

Fixed
02-24-2011, 01:44 PM
come pugsley riding with me for a week...
...we'll stay off the roads
and you'll have the time of your life!
==promise==
spidey
you are one of the guys who made me want to ride with your beautiful pictures i owe you ..
thanks very much

zennmotion
02-24-2011, 11:10 PM
The benefits are well known, in many cases better than or equal to medication. Exercise does many amazing things for the brain aside from greatly mitigating depression- including ADD, Alzheimers, and dementia from aging. John Ratey is a leading researcher, and well worth a read- including several books written for lay people that will literally blow your mind-
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/guide/train-your-brain-with-exercise
Now if we can just convince the insurance industry to cover the cost of a new bike for both prevention and treatment- or maybe just a fixed gear for those who live in the red states.

Fixed
02-25-2011, 12:01 AM
The benefits are well known, in many cases better than or equal to medication. Exercise does many amazing things for the brain aside from greatly mitigating depression- including ADD, Alzheimers, and dementia from aging. John Ratey is a leading researcher, and well worth a read- including several books written for lay people that will literally blow your mind-
http://www.webmd.com/fitness-exercise/guide/train-your-brain-with-exercise
Now if we can just convince the insurance industry to cover the cost of a new bike for both prevention and treatment- or maybe just a fixed gear for those who live in the red states.
thank you that made me smile
cheers