PDA

View Full Version : NAHBS help

Charles M
02-21-2011, 08:30 AM
Guys I'm not going to make it... Last minute Charlotte trip.

Who's going that will take a load of pictures??

wtex
02-21-2011, 10:46 AM
I live in Lubbock, and am pretty sure work won't keep me from going. I can send along whatever I get. Anything in particular to look for? This will be my first time at NAHBS.

Charles M
02-21-2011, 11:08 AM
Honestly?

You wont need direction onw what to take pictures of :D

The stand out stuff will just stand out... And it's always interesting to see what other people find interesting!

mnoble485
02-21-2011, 11:32 AM
Honestly?

You wont need direction onw what to take pictures of :D

The stand out stuff will just stand out... And it's always interesting to see what other people find interesting!

Pez is right. Just make sure your memory card is BIG.

Mike

cuda2k
02-21-2011, 11:59 AM
Promise to post links to my photos here as well. Think the last time I went (the Portland show) I took about 400 photos over the 3 days.

SEABREEZE
02-21-2011, 12:04 PM
Pez is right. Just make sure your memory card is BIG.

Mike

Maybe 2 memory cards

wtex
02-22-2011, 09:48 PM
I'll get plenty of pics for Pez, and pink Speedvagen pics for Mike. I think free Flickr is limited now, anyone got any recommendations for free photo sites? I'll put up everything I've got and post the link up here.

Chad

krhea
02-22-2011, 10:01 PM
Use Photobucket, free and lots of space.

BumbleBeeDave
02-23-2011, 05:34 AM
:crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap:

BBD

Dave B
02-23-2011, 05:50 AM
Maybe someone can create an account somewhere to use as our home base for pics. we can all upload our pics there in one spot.

Kirk Pacenti
02-23-2011, 06:02 AM
I won't be making the show this year either, but would to see the MTB stuff. I'd be particularly interested in seeing the 650b mountain bikes on display...

Cheers,

KP

Charles M
02-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Guys thanks in advance for what ever you can get up!

wtex
02-25-2011, 10:07 PM
What a blast, and filled my memory card! I don't have the camera cable with me, so won't be able to get pics up until I get home, but there should be plenty of good shots. Some notes:

Met Serotta Pete and Ben Serotta, and SWG. Man, what great guys, Ben told me the story behind the Aloha bikes they built for the Coors Classic. And Pete, what can I say, he KNOWS bikes. I've got pics of all of them, soon to be posted to Photobucket.

Mike, don't know how you knew, but there was a very pink Speedvagen there, pics forthcoming.

Kent Eriksen was great. Talked with him so long I felt bad that I was keeping him from potential customers (I told him I was getting pics for Pez/the Serotta forum). His bikes are just so clean, balanced. Yah, if I were buying a bike right now . . .

And of the new builders? Dornbox. His bike was tight.

My girlfriend commented how nice everyone at the show was. My only regret was that I didn't get to talk more with the builders and their crew. Just a great day. And one day isn't enough. I hope that anyone who hasn't been to NAHBS will get to go soon.

And kudos to Don Walker. What a gentleman.

Anyway, I'll have pics up soon, tried to get interesting finishing work, as well as pics of the builders, so we can all place the face to the brand.

Chad

wtex
02-26-2011, 09:23 PM
Ok, here are the pics, sorry about those where I forgot to turn the flash off (urgh). I'll be adding captions, but if you have any questions about any of them, let me know:

NAHBS 2011 (http://s1096.photobucket.com/albums/g322/wtex/)

BobbyJones
02-26-2011, 09:49 PM
I haven't been keeping up with what Dean has been doing, but man, that rig with the CF inserts is HAWT!

I wasn't in the market for a new bike...til now.

wtex
02-26-2011, 09:54 PM
That's Dean's exogrid [edit: Titus has exogrid, not sure what Dean calls it?] technology. And actually, I too was impressed enough I asked about the price, their rep said about $3200 for frame. Their frames were all tight. Dean, DeSalvo, Eriksen, Dornbox, all those bikes just look ready to roll.

cuda2k
02-26-2011, 11:34 PM
NAHBS Day 1 (https://picasaweb.google.com/cuda67/NAHBS2011Day1?authkey=Gv1sRgCJqjj9LU0OeLfA&feat=directlink)

NAHBS Day 2 (https://picasaweb.google.com/cuda67/NAHBSDay2?authkey=Gv1sRgCIf72vKv_b-kRA&feat=directlink)

What my camera lacks in quality, I made up for in quantity.

wtex
02-26-2011, 11:46 PM
Cuda -- you nailed it on the Dean, I couldn't feel any transition between the Ti and the carbon. I would have liked to have spent more time on that frame . . .

rnhood
02-27-2011, 03:34 AM
That Dean is a very nice looking bike. I wonder if this grid pattern has anything to do with the ride or performance, or whether its just aesthetics? In any event, its a nice looking design.