PDA

View Full Version : Handlebar tape and saddle color combos?

thenewguy11
02-20-2011, 08:25 PM
What color saddle and bar tape would you go with for the following frame? Seems like it should be easy but I can't decide.

http://www.bikerumor.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/ruegamer-ticarbon-road-bike01.jpg

I'm thinking black Handlebra with white stitching and a black saddle. Alternatively, maybe white Handlebra with black stitching and a white saddle. Or maybe a combination. The frame has Edge handlebar, stem and seatpost which are all black with white logos if that makes any difference.

jeo99
02-20-2011, 08:55 PM
All saddles should be dark IMO(just as shorts). There should be obvious reasons for this. We had a club member that wore white CSC shorts most of the time(a young guy). It took a while but a comment from a female member made him understand the error of his ways! Anyway the color tape is a good choice.

:beer:

dave thompson
02-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Agree with the above; saddle's going to be black. If it's white, there will be too much going on visually. Don't overdo it.

White HHB HandleBra with black, or even a colored stitch as an accent, would be a topper!

Elefantino
02-20-2011, 09:04 PM
Whatever you like best.

There is no wrong. :banana:

Dlevy05
02-20-2011, 09:07 PM
There's nothing sexier than than natural honey brown leather. Gives a down to earth, natural, earthy look. But what can I say, I'm biased.

fogrider
02-20-2011, 09:20 PM
grey carbon tape...can you find a grey saddle? I have a fizik with grey stripe. otherwise, how about red tape, red stripe on the saddle and pedals and shoes with red accents.

Ahneida Ride
02-20-2011, 09:26 PM
I've got gray HB .... tri corded in black , white, black ..

just have not posted the gray on the site.