PDA

View Full Version : Tell me what to ride this weekend!

Tom
05-24-2005, 08:22 AM
Here's the deal: June 4 I'm riding 125 to the farm, June 12 a diabetes century. I need some miles. Longest back to back days this year is 60/50. However, the gardens are under a mass of weeds and need some serious attention.

Saturday one of the posters here is leading a 130 miler. Sunday I am pretty sure the SCC boys'll be going a fair distance, but one can never be sure. I have to work Sunday morning from about 1 to 4.

What do I do?

Kevan
05-24-2005, 08:26 AM
quite the job. Simply, you have too many obligations. Sometimes you need to clean the slate.

Now go out and ride.

Sandy
05-24-2005, 08:47 AM
Sell Kevan too! Sometimes you need to clean the state (New York). :D

Sensitive Sandy

Ken Robb
05-24-2005, 12:36 PM
sell your palatial home. move to San Diego and buy a crappy one bedroom condo from me. You won't have a yard eating into your riding time and since you can ride year-round you'll never be out of shape. Unless you hang out with me, eating and drinking too much and riding only when you feel like it. :)

PaulE
05-25-2005, 08:45 AM
Do the 130 on Saturday, work Sunday from 1 - 4 (am?), come home sleep and then weed the gardens when you get up (or not). That way, you get in a good ride and don't gamble on what the SCC guys are going to do on Sunday. Plus you can get your weeding done (if you feel like it) and do you really want to ride after working the graveyard shift?

Tom
05-25-2005, 12:41 PM
Saturday: Skip the 130, it's a 45 minute drive there. Too far to ride to the start, it'd wind up being a 190 mile day. Save that for later in the season. Get out early and ride locally for 60-70.

Sunday: Catch the SCC guys at noon. It oughta be worth at least 60 and probably more. No problem riding after an overnighter, I'm getting used to them again.

Monday: There's a 60 miler going out of a school over in Burnt Hills at 9am, short route there is 10 miles so ride to the start. I get in at least 80 depending on which way I decide to come home. If I done good in the gardens, maybe I go bang some hills one side of the river or the other.