PDA

View Full Version : Dan Le foot and also Jack Brunk live with some wonderful Ladies

Pete Serotta
02-15-2011, 10:58 AM
A wonderful view of life and living it to the fullest by Michelle (Dan's SO) and also Robin (Jack Brunk SO). Showed how to tackle severe and very painful
adversity and to move forward. They are true Heroes. :banana: :banana:

Yeah and Steve is a moose of a "can do" guy!!!

A quote from Michelle's latest ride....

From Michelle's last ride with DAN!!

"It does change how you think about life doesn't it?

Michelle lost a vertebrae about 6 months ago due to a rare blood cancer. Two major back surgeries and 22 rounds of radiation therapy later she is back in the saddle. She did my birthday ride yesterday (63 miles) and we are headed out for Palomar MT this morning.

When we were riding yesterday she said something like, "Not sure what the future will bring but they can't take take this momment away. I think I'll enjoy it".

1centaur
02-15-2011, 11:23 AM
Two great endurance sports - life and cycling.

"I think I'll enjoy it" is a good philosophy.

dave thompson
02-15-2011, 11:30 AM
I spent the better part of a day with the "Le Foots" last year and can say that they have embraced a 'life is precious, so make the very best of every day' attitude. Neat folks.

SEABREEZE
02-15-2011, 04:05 PM
No need to comment , you said it all PETE

Enjoy every moment..

jeo99
02-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Very cool people! Thanks Pete.

:beer:

Dan Le foot
02-16-2011, 08:17 AM
Thanks Pete.
We rode up Palomar Mt yesterday. (East grade) About 3400' climb in 14 miles.
10% max. Longest sustained climb since Michelle started her comeback.
She flew up.
Michelle is a true climber. I made a mistake a few years ago and bought her "The complte guide to climbing." Has the toughest 100 climbs by road bike in America. Michelle wants to do them all. Has about 25 so far including Evans, Lemon, Kitt, Tioga Pass, Kolob reservoir, Cottonwood, Loveland, Independence and others.
Here are two pics of her. The first was taken 5 months ago after her emergency back surgery in Bend Oregon. She did the Crater Lake Century a few days earlier. The second pic was taken yesterday on Palomar MT.
She is my hero and a true warrior.
Dan

Jack Brunk
02-16-2011, 09:07 AM
Great news Dan and were both glad that she's doing so well. Robin just underwent hopefully her last reconstructive surgery and she should be back to normal very soon. Both ladies are truly inspirational to me.

jeo99
02-16-2011, 09:53 AM
"Evans, Lemon, Kitt, Tioga Pass, Kolob reservoir, Cottonwood, Loveland, Independence"

That my friends is a resume!

Dan Le foot
02-16-2011, 10:20 AM
"Evans, Lemon, Kitt, Tioga Pass, Kolob reservoir, Cottonwood, Loveland, Independence"

That my friends is a resume!

And she kicked my butt on all of them Joe.
Did I say just how proud I am of her?
Here is Michelle on the podium of the Mt Evans race. 2rd place. I think she could have done bettter if she wasn't simply enjoying the climb and views on her way up to the 14,000' finish line.
After finishing she came back down to mountain a few miles to usher me to the finish line. I was about to quit. She pushed me to the top. No podium finish for me. But I somehow survived and finished thanks to Mic's encouragement.
Have I said how proud of her I am? :hello:
Dan

Dan Le foot
02-16-2011, 10:35 AM
Great news Dan and were both glad that she's doing so well. Robin just underwent hopefully her last reconstructive surgery and she should be back to normal very soon. Both ladies are truly inspirational to me.
You got that right, Jack.
Perhaps the four of us can get together for a ride.
Dan

Pete Serotta
02-18-2011, 11:12 AM
:) :beer: Pete

You got that right, Jack.
Perhaps the four of us can get together for a ride.
Dan

mikki
02-20-2011, 01:50 PM
I am so very thankful you are back in the saddle Pete!!

Pete Serotta
02-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Hope all has been well with you. We are going to be in PASO ROBLES at the Aldaleide around the 15th of April. Bob and Sue Long are the leaders. THere will be about 30 folks for the week, You are more than welcome to come and ride some or all with us. Tom Brynes will be there also.

I am so very thankful you are back in the saddle Pete!!

Dan Le foot
02-23-2011, 09:55 AM
:) :beer: Pete
It would be an honor to ride with Serotta's best homer, Pete.
BTW
I was looking through an old catalog and found your testimonial and story on how you 1st met Ben before he had a factory. Interesting tale.
Dan