PDA

View Full Version : Feeling a little dirty

tele
02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Finally was able to get off the rollers and get out for the first ride of the year for me in Western Mass. :banana:

majorpat
02-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Brother, you're not the only one. First outside ride for me since November was still pretty nasty. Rode a mountain bike and need to clean off all the road salt. Of course, it is scheduled to snow and drop to single digits again tomorrow...Mother Nature is a cruel temptress!

Pat

jonnyBgood
02-14-2011, 02:06 PM
I hear ya guys. We had 16" of snow last week here in Denver and the weather was 0 to 15 degrees and Friday it was 38.

Saturday and Sunday it was 52 and 58 degrees so I was able to get in 52 on Saturday and 61 yesterday. Needless to say the roads were pretty wet with all the melted snow run off.

My bike is a mess from the last two days so I just wiped it down a bit but it's supposed to be in the high 50's again today and low 60's tomorrow and Wednesday so I'll wait to do a super cleaning this weekend after a few more rides.

rugbysecondrow
02-14-2011, 02:12 PM
I took my White Bedford out yesterday, got a little dirty and had a great ride. I had been riding it throughout the winter, but had a maintenance issue that sidelined me for a month. Good times!

RPS
02-14-2011, 02:19 PM
I thought winter was officially over. I'm out of excuses for not storing away the trainer and stationary bike and hitting the roads.

tv_vt
02-14-2011, 03:43 PM
Fifth ride of the year for me in snowy Vermont, but... first ride EVER on my new-to-me Look 585! Wow, that is a nice riding bike! Too bad it's half-white, 'cuz it's now half-gray...

Hey OP, is that a Fondriest? (with an Edge fork, no less?) Nice!

tele
02-14-2011, 06:02 PM
Fifth ride of the year for me in snowy Vermont, but... first ride EVER on my new-to-me Look 585! Wow, that is a nice riding bike! Too bad it's half-white, 'cuz it's now half-gray...

Hey OP, is that a Fondriest? (with an Edge fork, no less?) Nice!
No Fondriest or Italian goodness, just a Spooky that's supposed to be black:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=81328&highlight=spooky

tv_vt
02-14-2011, 09:16 PM
OK, got it. The headbadge reminded me of a Fondriest...

T

rwsaunders
02-14-2011, 09:30 PM
I installed real fenders a few weeks back and I cannot get over my frame and clothes staying clean while riding in the Spring melt. The only issue that doesn't go away is the grime on the rims and the horrible sound that the brake pads make. I know, stay off the brakes and ride faster.