PDA

View Full Version : The final word on Campy Record/SR for 2011

maxdog
02-14-2011, 09:08 AM
So now that this gruppo has been out for a while, according to those of you with expertise, what are the improvements/new features. I know the SR crankset has a ti spindle and threaded chain rings, for weight reduction. I also know about the 'crisper' shifting and more carbon in the rear derailleur, but what else? I've heard that the derailleur cable routing has changed. What is the total weight reduction? What about the Record gruppo? Does it have some of these changes as well? Thanks.

dana_e
02-14-2011, 11:47 AM
Served, see attachment

shifters improved for 2011

oldpotatoe
02-14-2011, 12:16 PM
So now that this gruppo has been out for a while, according to those of you with expertise, what are the improvements/new features. I know the SR crankset has a ti spindle and threaded chain rings, for weight reduction. I also know about the 'crisper' shifting and more carbon in the rear derailleur, but what else? I've heard that the derailleur cable routing has changed. What is the total weight reduction? What about the Record gruppo? Does it have some of these changes as well? Thanks.

The only thing that filtered to Record was clickier shifting, otherwise 2011 is pretty much the same as 2010..with an ounce or 2 of less weight.

Der routing didn't change(?).

The LH 'spool' was made smaller to not drag on the inside of the body, RH also.

sean
02-14-2011, 12:31 PM
Served, see attachment

shifters improved for 2011

My favorite line from the above PDF:

The big chainring is assembled through 5 screws into a small ring which is not threatened.

I suppose if you were the small ring, it would be sorta threatening.

leooooo
02-14-2011, 01:19 PM
My favorite line from the above PDF:

The big chainring is assembled through 5 screws into a small ring which is not threatened.

I suppose if you were the small ring, it would be sorta threatening.

lol!

Always bugged me so much that their translations are so horrible, since I am such a Campy homer.

Joachim
02-14-2011, 01:58 PM
The only thing that filtered to Record was clickier shifting, otherwise 2011 is pretty much the same as 2010

The LH 'spool' was made smaller to not drag on the inside of the body, RH also.

So to get the more "clickier" shifting I need to have only the 2011 Record levers with 2010 RD and FD or 2011 levers+2011 FD+ 2011 RD?

oldpotatoe
02-14-2011, 02:26 PM
So to get the more "clickier" shifting I need to have only the 2011 Record levers with 2010 RD and FD or 2011 levers+2011 FD+ 2011 RD?

Levers only altho I don't think difference is a big one.

FixedNotBroken
02-14-2011, 03:46 PM
I don't think the changes in the groups justify spending all of the extra money..I guess if you want to be cool and have the newest and the coolest? The red graphics are pretty catchy but other than that, they both feel pretty much the same and do the same thing..

Joachim
02-14-2011, 03:55 PM
I don't think the changes in the groups justify spending all of the extra money..I guess if you want to be cool and have the newest and the coolest? The red graphics are pretty catchy but other than that, they both feel pretty much the same and do the same thing..

Thanks for the info. I have almost brand new Chorus 11 with Record 11 (both 2010) on my bike and if there is not much difference in shifting then I'll just stick with what I have.