PDA

View Full Version : Poser-No-More

William
05-21-2005, 04:31 PM
:D

I took fellow forum member beungood out for his first serious ride on a bike (motorcycles don't count dude ;) )since High School. Worked him over on a few climbs and hammerd him on the flats....he performed admirably and never once complained or walked on a hill. He just kept saying, "I didn't know you could get a work out like this on a bike??"

Excellent job big guy! :banana: Stick with it and you'll be flying in no time. :beer:

Long live the CRO-MO!! :cool:

William

Smiley
05-21-2005, 04:39 PM
Hey Big Fella , we do that to Sandy every time we ride :)

Sandy
05-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Sure do.

Sandy

Ahneida Ride
05-22-2005, 11:20 AM
:D

"I didn't know you could get a work out like this on a bike??"

William

Few people do. Bicycling is one the the best forms of exercise and recreation. Besdes .... it's fun.

Did a hilly 50 yesterday, I'm afraid I'll always be a poser !!!

If one admits to being a poser are they a poser ?????? :confused:

beungood
05-22-2005, 01:30 PM
:bike:

I have to roll out the thanks to Big Bill for providing a large draft and pulling me out from the ranks of the posers. Last bike ride ive had other than a Harley Davidson was in 1980's while in HS. Didn't remember bicycle rides burning like this one did. I thought id be in for a slow coasting ride, but, didn't think his sadistic,demonic slant he puts on our Kali training would carry over to the bike ;-)
Especially that young 90lb German Shepherd launching out off the edge of a yard from bushes as I was telling Bill I was burned and hitting the wall. I just finished saying I think I need to eat that powerbar, I dont think I can pedal anymore... :argue: It was amazing how a set of sharp canine teeth got me to hammer all out! I thank god for Ultegra...

Bill I swear I saw a milkbone in your shirt pocket...

JAcko :bike:

Keith A
05-22-2005, 03:41 PM
beungood welcome aboard. Thanks for sharing your ride report, it gave me a good laugh. Milk bones in jersey pockets, I gotta remember that one. BTW, sometimes a ride can be so hard that you just want to......http://www.barrierislandgraphics.com/forum/i/expressions/puke.gif

Too Tall
05-22-2005, 04:35 PM
I'm getting the picture. BigWilli tortures you in the gym, on the road and sics a demonic dog after your tired butt???? Ahhh, friends. Where would we be with out em :)

Nice job. You are def. hanging with the big dogs now.

BumbleBeeDave
05-22-2005, 04:37 PM
Glad to have you aboard, Mr. Beungood.

Are you coming to open house with William?

And Keith, please PLEASE tell us how to get these neat extra smilies ourselves! Have you made a deal with the dev-, er, I mean with Serotta James? ;)

BBDave

Keith A
05-22-2005, 06:51 PM
BBDave -- Just cuz I like you so much, I'll clue you in. It's simplier than you might think. If you look at the smileys we have access to, these are simply animated GIF's that are inserted like any other image. So all I did was found the smiley I wanted to use from another website and insert it like any other image. Important note, this was not an attached image but rather the {img}url of image goes here{/img} format -- except replace the curly brackets with the square ones.http://www.barrierislandgraphics.com/forum/i/expressions/lightsaber.gif

William
05-23-2005, 05:14 AM
Especially that young 90lb German Shepherd launching out off the edge of a yard from bushes as I was telling Bill I was burned and hitting the wall. I just finished saying I think I need to eat that powerbar, I dont think I can pedal anymore... It was amazing how a set of sharp canine teeth got me to hammer all out!

Hey, I'll freely admit that I'm not above bribing a K-9 buddy to help me prove the point that even when you feel like you've got nothing left, if you're not laying on the ground, you can always dig down deep and find a little more. :D

Again, you did great.....NOW GET BACK OUT THERE AND RIDE!!! :mad:

William ;) :D

(Shhh, secret=Ok, it was really Rhea Basset lying in wait in a German Shepard suit with a set of nasty looking plastic k-9's. That girl will do just about anything for a chicken flavored milk bone. :rolleyes: )

Sandy
05-23-2005, 06:44 AM
1. If you really absolutely can't dig down a little more, and you are laying on the ground, someone can always dig down a lttle more in a few days, and someone else can tell everyone what a wonderful person that you were and how much you loved cycling. :) :)

2. Hate to spoil your take on the Bassett Hound attack dog, but the only danger a cyclist has from a Bassett Hound sitting on the ground, ready to launch herself or himself into an attack of a passing cyclist, is the loss of control by the cyclist as he or she keeps laughing at this silly image of the Hound from Hell. :) :)

Flapping my long ears, Running on my short legs, and making the baying sound of a Killer Hound Dog,

Bow Wow Sandy

William
05-23-2005, 09:00 AM
Rhea Basset saw your post Sandy, now she's begging me to take her to the open house. :eek:

BaaWoo-gerrrrr!
BaaWoo-gerrrrr!

William ;)

(of course my waving a milk bone in her face isn't helping :D )

Sandy
05-23-2005, 09:12 AM
I'll tell Ben Serotta, so that they can double the amount of chicken they are going to barbeque. I'll even dog sit for you. No charge. But you must supply the biscuits. I'll supply the love and the good looks. She will supply the love and good looks too. Also, she will supply the good licks.

Wanting to meet the Hound from Hell,

Bow Wow Sandy

William
05-23-2005, 10:55 AM
I'll tell Ben Serotta, so that they can double the amount of chicken they are going to barbeque. I'll even dog sit for you. No charge. But you must supply the biscuits. I'll supply the love and the good looks. She will supply the love and good looks too. Also, she will supply the good licks.

Wanting to meet the Hound from Hell,

Bow Wow Sandy

If I bring her along she's gonna want to stay with you. I mean, imagine in her Basset mind...

BaaWoo!
Milk Bones
Chicken
Milk Bones
(slobber)
Chicken
Milk Bones
Chicken
Followthechickenfollowthechickenfollowthechickenfo llowthechicken....BaaWooo! (slobber).

William ;)

Kevan
05-23-2005, 11:24 AM
dog molesters???

William, this is the Internet man, you have to be more careful to whom you might be subjecting your dog. Geez!

Sandy
05-23-2005, 01:34 PM
Now that I think about it, William's Bassett is really quite nice and loveable. She really is the Hound from Heaven. I already knew the Hound from Hell- the Kevanshire Terrier. No confirmation or obedience titles for that guy.

Once the Kevanshire Terrier tried out for a canine search and rescue team. He was given 2 days to find himself. He started spinning round and round until he simply collapsed, never being able to complete the task. He kept barking that he was getting real close as he had the scent, but he kept getting in way of himself. :)

He actually has the "Scent of a Woman", but that is another story for another time and another venue. :)

Taking Kevanshire out for a walk,

Bow Wow Sandy

PanTerra
05-23-2005, 01:39 PM
:bike:

It was amazing how a set of sharp canine teeth got me to hammer all out! I thank god for Ultegra...

Bill I swear I saw a milkbone in your shirt pocket...

JAcko :bike:

This is how the average pace of the group increases, by the cyclist on the back being taken out by "Eddie."

Sandy
05-23-2005, 01:50 PM
German Shepherds are among the herding dogs and they are know to sometimes chase a runner or cyclist. They run up, take a nip, and disappear.

I once knew a German Shepherd that took a little bite out of Kevan. The dog's fur fell out and then it turned a strange greenish color. It flipped upside-down and never moved again. Kevan seemed to be fine!! :)

You are new to the forum. Please don't mind Kevan and me. We are really friends. At least that is what he tells me.

Welcome to the mad house.

Sandy

Sandy
05-23-2005, 01:56 PM
beungood- Your name says that you have been geungood. Your post shows that you are from Braintree, Mass. Beingood, you may not have been beunsmart to associate with the Serotta misfits that post on this wonderful forum. :) :D

Welcome to the forum. Please visit often.

Beunbad Sandy

beungood
05-23-2005, 04:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome,it's great to be here! I'm finally on the forum as a bike rider and not a dreaded poser/lurker. :banana:

What is the open house? :confused:

I think my bike purchase will be a great training tool to pump up my cardio and take the place of a few run days and limit my impact injuries. Im hoping this addition will strengthen my legs and also let me push my self. I hope drafting behind Bill will allow me to pick up a fe pointers and become a good rider. It is kind of a long off dream to ride in something competitve possibly a swim,run and BIKE event. MAybe there is a serotta in my future....

Jacko

"from poser to probationary....."

William
05-24-2005, 07:01 AM
What is the open house? :confused:

A gathering of fun, funky, freaky forumites for riding, feasting, groping (new frames ;) )and grogging pleasure. :banana:

William

OldDog
05-24-2005, 09:54 AM
Milkbones, freaky forumites and groping...Open house should be a blast!

beungood
05-26-2005, 06:11 PM
"beungood- Your name says that you have been geungood. Your post shows that you are from Braintree, Mass. Beingood, you may not have been beunsmart to associate with the Serotta misfits that post on this wonderful forum. ..What a great thread...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milkbones, freaky forumites and groping...Open house should be a blast"

And no-one even mentioned the seedy side.....Spandex shorts ,ankle shaving and multi colored shirts....What did I get myself into..... :D

Word to your mutha!

Jacko

"Everyone looks sexy on a Cro-mo" (shamelously pirated from a Harley T-shirt...)