PDA

View Full Version : Big Maggie is BACK!

BumbleBeeDave
02-07-2011, 07:46 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/backstedt-returns-to-competitive-racing

And for what looks like a damn good cause. I have always liked this guy and I wish him the very best . . . :banana: :beer:

"When I retired two years ago, my body was just shot to bits from 14 years of crashes and illness, and I'd never really had the chance to recover properly from those problems while I was still racing," said Backstedt.

"I've had two years out and I feel like a new man again - there's no pains, no niggles. The commitment and training is still the same and I'm taking it very seriously, but I am slightly more relaxed about it than I used to be."

BBD

qjetha
02-07-2011, 09:07 PM
Glad he is back to racing, but I am going to miss his commentary on Eurosport :(

Just last night I was doing reading up on this other British Pro, Malcolm Elliott. He is 50 years old and still rocking it like no other, so I guess, Magnus can still get back into it too.

And as a side note, Magnus looks kinda funny looking with that facial hair in the pictures on that cyclingnews article, ha.

gearguywb
02-08-2011, 05:03 AM
I am glad to hear it! He is a great rider and always gave it everything, wether for himself or the team.

tele
02-08-2011, 05:54 AM
Good on him. He was always one o my favorites and seems like he has his head and priorities straight.

cleavel
02-08-2011, 11:12 AM
Hi,

Pretty cool. I always liked Magnus. Also cool is that the Mansell "boys" are on the team. The last time I heard anything about them was when they and Nigel went to Le Mans a few years ago with less than happy results.

Elefantino
02-08-2011, 11:46 AM
Maggie always struck me as all class. Plus, how many Swedes speak English with an Australian accent?

And then there are idiots like this:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/italian-police-investigate-ricco-for-blood-doping

johnnymossville
02-08-2011, 11:54 AM
This is really nice to hear. Nigel Mansell's kids? If they race bikes the way he raced cars look out. He was one of my favorites.