PDA

View Full Version : 21 Days

MikeS
05-20-2005, 12:37 PM
I was just trying to figure out when everybody is signing up for the Open House. We only have 27 people registered to come :mad: and there are only 21 DAYS to go.
We are really working hard to raise a lot of money and awareness for the http://www.davisphinneyfoundation.com/ and with 27 people we are not going to get very far. We have excellent riding, a wonderful town to hang out in, great food, and we have an awesome cause we are helping. Please call up all of your riding friends and neighbors and take a little ride/flight to Saratoga Springs.
In case you did not know Davis Phinney, Ron Kiefel, Kodak Gallery/Sierra Nevada riders, the yellow Mavic car and more will be here for the weekend. We will also have an auction with a lot of killer stuff to bid on.
Again, please come out and support http://www.davisphinneyfoundation.com/
Thanks! :beer:
Did I mention I would be there too.

Smiley
05-20-2005, 12:41 PM
I need you to call Bobke and lets have a reunion . My guess is most will register the day of the event . I am bringing Rapid Tourist and my wife with me and were registered , Sandy and Mrs Sandy are registered , My math says I know 5 of the 27 entries . So has Climb registered yet , how about Keno ?

BumbleBeeDave
05-20-2005, 12:48 PM
. . . to understand why more people have not registered, especially considering how much discussion there has been on the forum about this event.

Mike, I think you should go to the Mohawk Hudson Cycling club web site locally and also CBRC web site and get some notes posted there. I know for sure it's easy to do so on the MHCC site. You could emphasize that everyolne is welcome, not just Serotta owners.

Do you also maintain any e-mail address archive for everyone on the forum, or all Serotta purchasers? Would an e-mailing to all be appropriate?

I agree with you--27 is pretty meager for this close to the event.

BBDave

Climb01742
05-20-2005, 01:30 PM
So has Climb registered yet?

long ago, dude. s.o. climb, too.

christian
05-20-2005, 01:34 PM
Does one have to be a Serotta owner, or is it sufficient to be a fan?

- Christian, hanging his head in shame.

Ahneida Ride
05-20-2005, 01:48 PM
I signed up months ago !!!!

Sandy
05-20-2005, 01:50 PM
You have to own at least 5 Serottas, with one being an Ottrott and another being a Legend. :)

Actually you don't have to own a Serotta at all. You will be most welcome to attend, no matter what bike you own or what bike you ride. You will be very conmfortable with all the Serotta nuts. Trust me on this one. Please come. It is a very relaxing weekend, with some great people there. With Davis Phinney in attendance, you have another wonderful incentive. I love the barbeque too!!

Make it number 28, please.

Sandy

Smiley
05-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Heck Sandy , lets get everybody including the One legged Man to sign up for the OH weekend when they come to my Merryland ride Sunday :banana:

Sandy
05-20-2005, 02:14 PM
With Ben Serotta, Davis Phinney, Ron Kiefel, and some of the Serotta mutants in attendance, what could possibly be better than that??

Sandy

PS- Do you think that I could beat Ron Kiefel in a race?? It would do wonders to my ego. :) It would destroy his. :)

Smiley
05-20-2005, 02:23 PM
what could possibly be better than that??

answer : Having dinner with Lindsey Lohan before she lost weight :banana:

Tom
05-20-2005, 02:36 PM
and I'll sign up then. Depending on what time y'all are riding I might have time to ride with you otherwise I'll just stand around and tell lies and then ride home.

christian
05-20-2005, 02:58 PM
Ok, I'm going to talk to my NYC posse and come on up. Thanks for the hospitality!

- Christian

TriJim
05-20-2005, 04:05 PM
Sorry for the delay. I mailed my registration today. :banana:
Army is moving our family from Texas to Pennsylvania in early June. I plan to drive from TX to PA on Wednesday/Thursday and on to Saratoga Springs on Friday or early Saturday. Will need to transport Serotta in car (instead of moving van). Wifey already complaining about special treatment for Elektra. :argue:
I'll also bring wife, son, daughter, or combination of above, but too early to be sure who will be up for more driving/riding. Any chance I can borrow a demo bike for my 20 y.o. son or 18 y.o. daughter for any of the rides? We just don't have space in our car for another bike. :)

Tom Byrnes
05-20-2005, 05:12 PM
Once again, I regret not being able to attend. For the past three years, I have wanted to, but have always had other pressing or pre-existing commitments. For the past few years, I have been looking forward to meeting the many SerottaPals who attend each year.

This year, I will be in Italy on the Serotta Open House Weekend. Nine months ago, we scheduled our two-week trip with another couple that includes a physician, who had to make out his 2005 vacation schedule in September, 2004. So, once again, I will have to wait another year before attending an Open House.

This year's activities sound great. I am sorry that I will miss meeting Davis Phinney and Ron Kiefel, but I will make a contribution to the Davis Phinney Foundation through Serotta to support their attendance and participation.

I hope there is is huge turnout. I am sure everyone will have a wonderful time.

BarryG
05-20-2005, 05:46 PM
Mike, I think you should go to the Mohawk Hudson Cycling club web site locally and also CBRC web site and get some notes posted there.
I'll take this on - I will compose an announcement myself and contact the MHCC Webmaster directly.

(P.S. - it's now up on the MHCC Web site (http://webmhcc.org/v-web/portal/cms/index.php) )

Serotta PETE
05-20-2005, 06:37 PM
Spokes (aka Bill Roberts), Bob Zeller, and I should show as registered.

Kevin
05-20-2005, 07:01 PM
what could possibly be better than that??

answer : Having dinner with Lindsey Lohan before she lost weight :banana:

Having dinner with Lindsey Lohan? I can think of better things to do with Lindsay Lohan. :banana:

Kevin

Kevin
05-20-2005, 07:04 PM
By the way, I am registered. I am guessing that is why so many people decided against attending this year's event. :confused:

Kevin

Smiley
05-20-2005, 07:47 PM
Kevin , I trust you thought that Lindsey was HOT before she lost the weight :banana:

Kevin
05-20-2005, 07:53 PM
Kevin , I trust you thought that Lindsey was HOT before she lost the weight :banana:

Pre-diet is the only way to fly.

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
05-20-2005, 08:43 PM
Man, you just HAVE to get your priorities straight, guy! To THINK that you would turn down Open House just for an ITALIAN VACATION????

Sheesh!! :rolleyes:

BBDave

Tom Byrnes
05-21-2005, 03:24 PM
BBDave,

I DID consider telling the other couple that we would have to move our vacation back a bit once the Open House dates were announced. However, I knew how much in advance my doctor friend has to schedule his vacations. It's amazing, last Fall, he and his partners decided ALL of their work schedules for the entire year of 2005. As a result, I have never been so prepared for a vacation so far in advance as I am for this one.

I have really wanted to attend an Open House. :crap:

I WILL ATTEND NEXT YEAR.

Have a great time. I will raise a glass of Brunello di Montalcino in honor of you all on June 10th.

Tom

:)

Smiley
05-23-2005, 10:04 AM
I wanted to BUMP this thread back to the top of the board . I know that we all assume that the Open House weekend will be a given to happen every year . I don't bet on that happening so I go every year to make friends and meet new people . Saratoga Springs is really a nice place to ride and gather with family and friends . This year having Davis , Ron and Ben all in one place will be a huge treat . I plan to bring my old Coors Light Jersey and have all three of these legends of cycling sign it for me . I was really lucky to have met Davis and Connie a decade or so ago in Vail when I attened a MTB camp of theirs , Davis has the BEST tour stories you have ever heard . I will egg him on to recount these for all our enjoyment . Please try to make it up and don't assume its a given . The Captain and Firstmate

Sandy
05-23-2005, 10:13 AM
You got that right. Ben Serotta, Davis Phinney, Ron Kiefel, and a bunch of misfit mutant forum posters. And a barbeque. And some great rides, in a beautiful area. What else could any cyclist want????

Serious Sandy

Ahneida Ride
05-23-2005, 10:18 AM
No Serotta Required !!!! All makes are well Represented.

Tom, You will be missed ! ;)

Smiley
05-23-2005, 10:25 AM
a bunch of misfit mutant forum posters

that's who I meant by friends :)

No Serotta's required is a good one Anhieda Man , If your a cyclist your welcome . Except NO TANDEMS ..... just kidding James , I know you'll be on our wheel the whole time , its OK were used to that , just ask SandyMan :banana:

IXXI
05-23-2005, 10:34 AM
I wish Tom B or I could attend the Open House with my/our white Serotta that used to be Ron K's-- would love to have him and Ben sign it!

Tom Byrnes
05-24-2005, 01:42 AM
Thanks, Ahneida. It should be a great weekend. :beer: :beer:

Andy, We will have to find another way to get that bike signed by Ron Kiefel and Ben. Maybe a trip to Colorado. :) :)

Tom

BumbleBeeDave
05-24-2005, 06:26 AM
. . . about Lindsey Lohan being at Open House? It’s OK, I guess, as long as she doesn’t bring her DAD. That guy is a WACK-JOB! :rolleyes:

I didn’t even know she had a Serotta . . . ;)

BBDave

Sandy
05-24-2005, 07:03 AM
Special Announcement:

Serotta/Calfee Kevan will not be attending!!!!

Now registration should increase 10 fold, at least!!! :rolleyes:

Special Sandy

Kevin
05-24-2005, 07:13 AM
. . . about Lindsey Lohan being at Open House? It’s OK, I guess, as long as she doesn’t bring her DAD. That guy is a WACK-JOB! :rolleyes:

I didn’t even know she had a Serotta . . . ;)

BBDave

BBDave,

Only you would use the phrase Lindsay Lohan and Wack Job in a sentence and bring up her father. I am going to have coach you in the finer points of degeneracy.

Kevin

Smiley
05-24-2005, 07:53 AM
Kevin , do U think our guy BBDAve has seen the before and after of Lindsey Lohan's body changes ?

Bruce K
05-24-2005, 08:00 AM
Does this mean Sandy will be riding in his trenchcoat?

:eek:

:help:

BK

(Who is re-thinking his location in this pace line to be)

PS: Climb, Bradford, & William, can we find an alternate route? Please??? :D

Serotta PETE
05-24-2005, 09:04 AM

BK

and not much else.......................

Bradford
05-24-2005, 09:15 AM

BK

I'm riding behind William. He's so big he'll block out anything Sandy does.

By the way, William and I are planning to head up around 11:00 am on Friday. I need to drop off the wife in Bennington, so that should cost us an hour or so. Are the Boston folks still leaving around noon? If so, we should get there around the same time.

Where are we meeting, the hotel or the factory?

Bruce K
05-24-2005, 09:19 AM
I am thinking about a departure right after the rush hour traffic dies off, something mid-morning.

I still need to get together with Climb and see what he's thinking.

If we do leave then, it would put us in Saratoga in time for a late lunch, check in, and a cruise over to the factory for the ride departure.

We probably need to fine-tune this soon.

BK

Bradford
05-24-2005, 09:43 AM
I am thinking about a departure right after the rush hour traffic dies off, something mid-morning.

I still need to get together with Climb and see what he's thinking.

If we do leave then, it would put us in Saratoga in time for a late lunch, check in, and a cruise over to the factory for the ride departure.

We probably need to fine-tune this soon.

BK

Let me know and we will adjust our departure accordingly.

BumbleBeeDave
05-24-2005, 12:01 PM
. . . need to at least agree on a firm time and place to meet for the ride. There was not much interest in going over to Sacandaga Lake, so aLexis offered to put together a ride route from the factory. But I have not heard anythnig else from her for the last few weeks.

I am going to assume we are riding from the factory, but I need to have a definite time to be there.

Also, I am not going to the Phinney dinner, but many others are. Does this mean we are NOT having an event at the Parting Glass? Or are we just meeting later, after others have gotten done with the Phinney dinner?

BBDave

Smiley
05-24-2005, 01:03 PM
Ride departs from the factory at 2:30 pm with Alexis , STICK TO THE PLAN . As far a dinner , afterwards we DRINK somewhere :banana: Hey Will Davis be riding with us Friday ? Or how about Lindsey Lohan ?

Bruce K
05-24-2005, 01:36 PM
Has anyone INVITED Davis? How about Kathy Krumme? Ron Kiefel?

How about our host, Mr. S himself?

Can we get a factory rider roll call for Friday? Alexis, Kelly(?), James, Steve(?), who else?

It sounds like a bunch of us will be doing the DPF dinner. It's enough of a surprise to see us all in casual clothes (vs bike stuff), but everyone all "gussied up"? Can our hearts stand the shock? :banana:

BK

BumbleBeeDave
05-24-2005, 02:06 PM
I was unaware there WAS a plan. If 2:30 at the factory is the plan, then I will be there, ready to HAMMER! :beer:

BBDave

Smiley
05-24-2005, 02:31 PM
Bruce K , I think it would be a great idea to invite Ben and Davis , we do need to get out from the factory by 2:30 pm with Alexis and get back to wear our sunday best , I plan to walk in with my Coors Light Jersey so it can be signed ( anybody got an Old 7-11 jersey ? ) . Anyway with only 27 people registered ( I think we know who we all are , same bunch of mis-fits from last year less Ginger ) . Anyway I think it will be a BLAST and I do believe that more will show up , I just keep hoping that we can equal last years weather . Will U talk to Ben about his ability to ride with us ?

Bruce K
05-24-2005, 05:42 PM
I will try to call the factory tomorrow and see what I can do.

BK

RABikes2
05-25-2005, 01:35 AM
Anyway with only 27 people registered ( I think we know who we all are , same bunch of mis-fits from last year less Ginger ) .

Well, I can see I'll be missed by you, Smiley. :butt:

:p RA

Sandy
05-25-2005, 05:02 AM
You have 21 days to ride your bike to Saratoga Springs, spend the weekend there, and return to Florida. Consider it a very long training ride or an event. It is your duty to come, both for us, and for your cycling. :)

I am bringing $5,000 extra dollars for some of your fancy dancy SPECIAL ST SEROTTA massages. So what are you waiting for??? :)

Massage Mirman

Kevin
05-25-2005, 05:48 AM
I am bringing $5,000 extra dollars for some of your fancy dancy SPECIAL ST SEROTTA massages. So what are you waiting for??? :)

Massage Mirman

I thought that this was a family friendly forum. We now have Sandy propositioning forum members. I think we need to brink back Serotta Alyson. :beer:

Kevin

BumbleBeeDave
05-25-2005, 06:53 AM
Wow. For five grand, Sandy, I’d, uh, er, (pause for deep thought) . . . NO! Not even for five grand! The thought is just TOO disgusting! :rolleyes:

BBDave

RABikes2
05-25-2005, 07:06 AM
You have 21 days to ride your bike to Saratoga Springs, spend the weekend there, and return to Florida. Consider it a very long training ride or an event. It is your duty to come, both for us, and for your cycling. :)

Massage Mirman
Hmmm...I would estimate it's 1500 miles to Saratoga Springs from here. Hmmm..., okay, 21 days, that's 75 miles per day, or I could wait until 14 days out and do 110 miles per day, or I could wait until 10 days out and do 150 miles per day, or...

Unfortunately, I won't be making it to the Open House this year. I'll be there in spirit though! Hopefully next year it will be in my summer plans.

Geez, Sandy, for a $5,000 (donation to the DPF), I'd travel with my massage table on a plane! :)

Please, DON'T 'TOUCH' THAT COMMENT BBDAVE!! ;) :D

Sandy
05-25-2005, 09:44 AM
That will be a real test for the Bee Man. :rolleyes:

Buzz, buzz,.....

Sandy

RABikes2
05-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Sandy,
BBDave is soooo...quiet? Did his buzzer get taken out? :D

BumbleBeeDave
05-26-2005, 06:52 AM
. . . Oh, sorry. I was gazing at RA’s legs in the “Gettin’ Big?” thread. That IS you in the picture, isn’t it, RA?

As for responding to your comment, I don’t think there is ANYTHING you could say that would top your comment to Ben at the Parting Glass last year! . . . And if you don’t stop taunting me, I will repeat it here in all it’s risque glory! ;)

BBDave

RABikes2
05-26-2005, 09:35 AM
. . . Oh, sorry. I was gazing at RA’s legs in the “Gettin’ Big?” thread. That IS you in the picture, isn’t it, RA?

As for responding to your comment, I don’t think there is ANYTHING you could say that would top your comment to Ben at the Parting Glass last year! . . . And if you don’t stop taunting me, I will repeat it here in all it’s risque glory! ;)

BBDave
Ahhhhhhhhh...yeah, right Dave, that's me, uh-huh, that's me alright in the picture. :no: :D

I'm SURE Ben does not remember any comments of mine ( :p ), so if you repeat it, I'll just have to say BBDave's been out "buzzing" around a little too much and has become delusional! :D

Bruce K
05-26-2005, 10:00 AM
Actually RA, from a couple of conversations with Ben and some of the others from Serotta, your comments are "legendary". ;)

It is just a shame that they couldn't be used in the catalog for customer comments/quotes. I hear they wanted to but didn't want a R rated catalog. :rolleyes:

We'll miss you at Open House. Enjoy your duties at RAAM. :banana:

BK