PDA

View Full Version : swissstop flash pro vs race pro vs enve?

130R
02-02-2011, 04:10 PM
so i need new pads for the summer bike. I have the older swissstop yellows. i think they were the race 2000's or something i forget.

those pads were awful.

has swissstop made any changes in their compounds recently? is there a difference between race pros vs flash pro's?

i read good things about enve pads. would someone in here with experience with them chime in?

if it matters, the wheels they will be braking on is reynolds dv46 and mv32

jonnyBgood
02-06-2011, 01:19 PM
I have used SwissStop yellow pads, Bontrager cork pads and Shimano's carbon pads the last few years on different carbon wheels.

I currently ride Shimano Dura-Ace carbon tubulars and Bontrager Aeolus 5.0 wheels and find that the Bontrager cork pads work really well on both wheels. The corks pads tend to wear a little faster but grip really well.

Zipp also makes some cork pads that I have used as well but they are twice the price as the Bontragers.

I have the SwissStop pads for aluminum rims currently on my cyclocross bike and they seem to grip pretty good but have used Dura-Ace pads as well and they work really well.

I tend to try different pads at different times of the year to see what works for me. I live in Colorado so a normal road ride can have long fast descents and a typical afternoon rain shower so having the right pads means alot.

Hope this helps

KevinPak
02-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Recently switched out to the grey Edge/Enve pads & braking feels slightly better compared to yellows especially in wet conditions.

Edge 65 tubies & grey pads for me = no pulsing/improved stopping power/better heat management :banana: