PDA

View Full Version : What makes you exceptional????

shinomaster
02-03-2004, 01:07 PM
Ok we know our vices but reallly, what makes you someone special, different from the rest, unique? I'm not special in any way so I'm wondering what it's like...
Actually,
I'm
1 Artistic (at least I think so)
2 I'm terribly funny (at least I think so)
3 I'm not obese like most americans
4 I'm a food snob
5 I'm slightly educated about art history, but not really educated .
6 I have a big ethnic nose
7 ummm thats it...oh well

saab2000
02-03-2004, 01:25 PM
I guess I am not really special, but here goes...

1. I am not athletic, but have always been a pretty good cyclist. Don't know why, but I can ride well even with poor, irregular training. I guess I have a good position, correct dimensions and a few other things I was born with. Never had a disciplined diet or training regime and still could ride away from the cat. 2s in the '80s!!

2. I am able to think well and quickly 3-dimensionally and this has allowed me to be a decent pilot.

3. I have the patience of Job and have gotten really angry just a couple of times in my life. This also suits a pilot well.

4. Linguistically gifted.

Now for my weak points...

1. Was a good rider, but not quite good enough.... Beating 2s is not enough to be a pro. Found it out the hard way.

2. I do poorly on standardised tests used for airline selection processes. This is unfortunate because it has eliminated my chances at being hired at a couple of big ones even though all my instructors and check airmen have said that I fly better than many of the "brains" out there...... But I still did get into a "major" only to lose my job to the economic downturn and the F****** terrorists!

3. I am something of a wallflower at social events. I have friends who are totally outgoing and they get all the action. I am more reserved and miss out on a lot of things because of being reserved.

4. I have little drive as a person. I wish I had more ambition regarding business.

5. I am a poor skier - compensation I guess for being a good cyclist! :D

oracle
02-03-2004, 03:51 PM
alot more comfortable sharing their 'vices', although i laughed when i read many of the "oh i like bikes too much, or i ride my bike too much, et. al..... ha

1. i have a huge bladder
2. i can conume prodigious quantities of strong beer
3. i have summited 3 8000 meter peaks
4. i have survived 10 yrs. of hemmoroids without treatment.
5. i have my little collection of racing scalps
6. i once tried committing the illiad to memory
7. i love learning dead languages
8. i sometimes fast for days on end, surviving on wheatgrass juice
9. i am a better runner than phidippides was
10. i am ambidextrous

:beer:
oracle

shinomaster
02-03-2004, 04:50 PM
I wish I knew what it would be like to have a huge bladder!

bulliedawg
02-03-2004, 04:55 PM
I have really, really curly hair. Maybe the curliest hair in the world.

shinomaster
02-03-2004, 04:56 PM
we don't want to know about all your body hair!

Louis
02-03-2004, 06:00 PM
... the fact that I don't reply to inane threads like this one.

Oops, I guess I blew it.

Kevin
02-03-2004, 06:02 PM
My children, my wife and my dog.

Kevin

Dr. Doofus
02-03-2004, 06:07 PM
The Determined Doc Says:

1) Stubborn: The only race I ever won, I did with a nose broken in the first 20k. Once finished a race in France (where, like saab, I got my butt kicked) in last place, about two days behind the last group, after sublexing my right shoulder out of the socket on cobbles (still haven't had that one fixed...oh well...). We keep thinking we can inspire and work kids of average ability into AP classes. We have to do things our way. He and I still ride our bike, for no dang reason.

3). Kind of logical.

4) Mainly stubborn.