PDA

View Full Version : Buying tickets for NAHBS

sjbraun
02-01-2011, 07:05 AM
I bought a plane ticket to Austin last night, so it looks like I'm headed to the NAHBS. After air travel was arranged, I tried to buy tickets to the show.
What a cumbersome process! And after wading through sign on screens and entering demographic information it appears that I can only purchase one ticket?? ***???

Did I miss something or is it really that hard to buy tickets to the show?

Steve-looking forward to Austin, seeing my kids, and looking at bikes

moran
02-01-2011, 07:36 PM
That's interesting. I guess I will just plan to buy tix at the show then.

sjbraun
02-01-2011, 08:31 PM
I got a message from Don this morning.
You can only buy one ticket at a time on the website.

phlash23
02-01-2011, 11:49 PM
We just walked up and bought them at the show last year.

mnoble485
02-02-2011, 06:54 AM
Easy-peasy...bring $ for tics and $$$$ for schwag!!!

srice
02-02-2011, 07:14 AM
When the show was in Indy, I never got around to buying a ticket online. When I got there, the will call line to pick up tickets was crazy. I was glad that I wasn't getting in that line - I just went to the ticket line, walked up to the table and bought one.

Scott Shire
02-02-2011, 08:39 AM
Buy tickets on the spot. Also buy titanium bottle openers, lugged PB wrenches, Speedvagen rainboots, Rapha-branded pencils (OK, those were free).

Attend every event/screening/competition you can.

Rub elbows with Sacha & Don & Richie.

Party with the Geekhouse guys.

Go on the Rapha Gentleman's Ride (http://vimeo.com/19000895) and make sure to be near the front when the camera's on! (that's me at 3:01 in the Catlike on the Cinelli track)

bheight1
02-02-2011, 09:52 AM
Yes, my wife so looks forward to this show too--NOT. Two out of the last three visits sealed the deal on a new frame. But seriously, what better forum--a real forum to get all that talent/knowledge in one venue, you can't get any better than a handbuilt bicycle exposition.