PDA

View Full Version : Ride diff bet Rapid Tour and Fierte?

roguedog
01-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Curious if you have a 200ish Serotta Rapid Tour, how would the ride differ from a recent all steel Fierte?

I've looked at the geos (love the catalog section!) and I don't see anyting that says it'll be significantly different but heck, what do I know.

So I'm asking you folks who would probably know better!

TIA

oldpotatoe
01-30-2011, 07:22 AM
Curious if you have a 200ish Serotta Rapid Tour, how would the ride differ from a recent all steel Fierte?

I've looked at the geos (love the catalog section!) and I don't see anyting that says it'll be significantly different but heck, what do I know.

So I'm asking you folks who would probably know better!

TIA

Ride quality is 100% subjective. If you go with somebody's rec. because of what he perceived, it may be spot on for you or you may be disappointed.

Tell me what an orange tastes like?

roguedog
01-30-2011, 10:40 AM
op, thanks for the reply.

yeah, i get that. i guess i was thinking the rapid tour specs would be more drastically different from the fierte's since it has "tour" in its name and was surprised that at least by numbers they aren't so different.

but i guess it just goes to show that the smallest adjustments "here and there" in road biking can make a good bit of difference

anyway.. thanks for the reply.

93legendti
01-30-2011, 04:18 PM
op, thanks for the reply.

yeah, i get that. i guess i was thinking the rapid tour specs would be more drastically different from the fierte's since it has "tour" in its name and was surprised that at least by numbers they aren't so different.

but i guess it just goes to show that the smallest adjustments "here and there" in road biking can make a different.

anyway.. thanks for the reply.
I had both bikes. The RT has slacker angles, chainstays of 42.5 cm (if memory serves ) vs 41cm for the Fierte (at least in my size) and the axle to crown length of the RT's fork will be longer than that of the Fierte's fork.

Here's a link with RT geo.
http://www.mtb-kataloge.de/Bikekataloge/PDF/Serotta/1999.pdf

The RT in my size would have a rake of 5.5 vs 4.3 for the Fierte.