PDA

View Full Version : Lake CX 401 MX330 shoes

spartacus
01-29-2011, 05:02 AM
Lake. Funny, in the past I always perceived its shoes to be Walmart quality. I don't know why, maybe just the name, but if so I still don't know why. Anyway, has anyone been using either the CX401 road or the MX330 mtb models, and what are your conclusions please?

I'm interested in the Boa, and the kangaroo leather, the fit, and the carbon moulding (401).

Also, how does one measure a foot for wide fitting? What is an E fitting?

Thanks, Sparts.

JonB
01-29-2011, 06:29 AM
I've been using the Lake CX401 shoes since last winter. Mine have the speedplay-specific bolt pattern on the bottom which is the main reason I got them - no goofy adapters.

They're great. The heat-molding thing was easy to do. They're stiff, and very comfortable. They've also held up well over the past year. No issues with construction or durability after a season of use.

Also, I've had no issues with the BOA closure system and prefer it over other systems now. Mine are the slightly older version that don't have the flap thing that says "Lake" on 'em.

I wear size 47 and found the size to be the same as my Shimano R215.

gone
01-29-2011, 07:57 AM
I've had a pair of the CX-400's for more than 2 years - great shoes! I'll second everything JonB said: stiff, comfortable and have held up very well. I also wear 47's and would say they run reasonably true to size with a somewhat larger toe box (a plus for me). The inner lining and kangaroo leather are very comfortable.

I've also got a pair of Specialized BG-<top of the line> (I forget the number). All things considered, I like the Lake's better.