PDA

View Full Version : OT: Wedding Bands

Nooch
01-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Alright, a curious and random question for you Gents. What are you wearing wedding band wise? Does it match your wife's? Do they share similar qualities or completely different?

Tying the knot in April, just started thinking about this, realizing my tax refund will probably go toward the purchases.

I'm looking for something with a little bit of weight, but not too wide. I'd like to know that it's there, but forget about it at the same time. There's so many new styles, tungsten, platinum, ti, heck I've even seen carbon fiber, but I'm not sure what to go for. It will be of a 'white' variety, I hold a strong disdain for yellow gold.

What do you reccomend?

(Oh, and if any of you are in Vegas, I'm begging you to take me out on a nice ride while we're there.)

AngryScientist
01-27-2011, 09:58 AM
congratulations!

mine is a combo of white gold and platinum. the ring is white gold, and the "weave" part is plat. it's pretty durable. looks similar to the below, but not exact. have fun in vegas!

http://www.loveweddingbands.com/ProductImages/Ce4001.jpg

Liberace
01-27-2011, 09:59 AM
Alright, a curious and random question for you Gents. What are you wearing wedding band wise? Does it match your wife's? Do they share similar qualities or completely different?

Tying the knot in April, just started thinking about this, realizing my tax refund will probably go toward the purchases.

I'm looking for something with a little bit of weight, but not too wide. I'd like to know that it's there, but forget about it at the same time. There's so many new styles, tungsten, platinum, ti, heck I've even seen carbon fiber, but I'm not sure what to go for. It will be of a 'white' variety, I hold a strong disdain for yellow gold.

What do you reccomend?

(Oh, and if any of you are in Vegas, I'm begging you to take me out on a nice ride while we're there.)

Bruce Boone. Here is my ring: http://www.boonerings.com/signature-series/edgeband.htm

Spent the remaining funds on two wedding bands for my wife. An everyday band and then a band to match her engagement ring.

Fixed
01-27-2011, 10:00 AM
ti designs make rings check him out
cheers

spiderman
01-27-2011, 10:01 AM
but it works for me...
...inside round...

thenewguy11
01-27-2011, 10:10 AM
My wedding band is ti, very simple design. There is little weight to it though and its easy to forget its there. I also found the 'inside round' to be quite comfortable.

The wife has a simple platinum band, a band with small diamonds all the way around, and then her actual wedding ring. Don't ask me why she needed two bands - I nod and smile and say "whatever you want."

dave thompson
01-27-2011, 10:15 AM
You might contact our very own Ti Designs, he does this very sort of thing! And appears in the 2006 Serotta catalog too.

itspeedmoore
01-27-2011, 10:25 AM
I have a ti band too. Very simple and effective and won't weigh you down. The wife has a matching one that is thinner.

jr59
01-27-2011, 10:27 AM
Get something that you like, in plat, or white gold.

Why I say something that you like is; You will wear it for the rest of your life.

Also plat and white gold have withstood the test of time and are timeless.

Bob Ross
01-27-2011, 10:32 AM
As someone who never wore a ring for the previous 40 years of my life, I was very attracted to the light weight of a titanium wedding band. Got a very simple, elegant but austere brushed finish solid band ~2 or 3mm tall. (In hindsight, I'll bet this ring could've been made from the cast-offs when Seven was cutting a chainstay to length.)

What I didn't think about is the width of a wedding band; the actual thickness of the metal from inside to outside. My ring weighs nothing, it's wonderfully light, but I am conspicuously aware of it all the time because of it pressing against my middle & pinkie fingers.

[edit: oh yeah, my ring & hers do not match]

Geeeewiz
01-27-2011, 10:35 AM
Mine is simple and classic. They are not "matching". If you go too radical it has the opportunity to become dated provided you stay married that long. Keeping it simple keeps it timeless.

Good luck and congrats.

Ken Robb
01-27-2011, 10:38 AM
In my area the term "comfort fit" is used and it may be the same thing as "inside round". If you looked at a cross-section of the band it would look like this (). It is much more comfortable than any other profile I tried. My first ring was lost. It was NOT comfort fit and I often caught its sharp edge on protrusions everywhere. The new ring is so much nicer to wear I'm almost glad I lost the original.

ckamp
01-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Get a low dome / comfort fit ring so its not thick.
Get it wide (5-7mm).
Make it match your wives a bit.

Hers had lots of bling and also has milgrain on the outside edges. So mine is similar to this: but alot nicer, http://www.bluenile.ca/wedding-ring-white-gold_6282

Good luck and congratulations!

katematt
01-27-2011, 10:40 AM
I have a platinum which never leaves my finger, good weight you know it there but not a bother. Simple plain band. Doesn't match the wife's, she's been through a couple so far.

Although I have seen some nice ti designs in the past. Pardon the pun.

Nooch
01-27-2011, 10:40 AM
well if I go Ti maybe I can get JB to paint it ;)

I'm leaning toward simple, I had thought about an inlay but it's really not me. Hers will probably match her enagement ring with a few small, channel set diamonds (of course she has to cost me money...)

So if I want it to look like Moots Ti (that nice, darkish Ti), think Ti Designs can do that for me? (paging Ti Designs).

djg
01-27-2011, 10:49 AM

What do you reccomend?

I recommend whatever feels comfortable and looks good to you. I have a white gold band that's rounded on the inside as well as the outside -- to me, that's more comfortable than a dead flat inside to the band, but I still notice it. My wife's band isn't matching, especially, although it's also gold. My wife had no special interest in matching bands. Any decent-sized jewelry store should have bunches of things for you to look at and try on. If it's not tolerably comfortable, you'll pull it off now and again and at some point you'll lose it and that will be trouble.

For all that, I'd say that if your fiancee has any definite preferences that are not seriously uncomfortable for you -- physically, aesthetically, what have you, go ahead and satisfy them (face it, she might really care one way or the other, and there's likely not much out there that actually fits on your finger that's likely to make your life appreciably better or worse, apart from making the wife-to-be happy).

Ozz
01-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Simple platinum band...a couple grooves, and used to have contrasting matte / polish bands. Time and wear has made it all the same however. Our jeweler keeps telling me to get it refinished.... :rolleyes: It also has a semi "comfort" back, meaning the part of the ring that contacts my finger is slightly convex. More comfortable than a flat back. It does not match my wife's.

My advice is to keep your band simple and low cost....spend the money on her ring set.

uno-speedo
01-27-2011, 11:15 AM
I settled on a Boone titanium wedding band...which I lost and then went with a Zirconium band from Boone. Unlike the ti ring it doesn't scratch and has held up nicely.

Our bands do not match.

Idris Icabod
01-27-2011, 11:17 AM
I have a Ti band, doesn't match the wifes. Hers was multiple fold more expensive than mine, but I've never liked to wear stuff like this so didn't see any value to paying too much. The Ti was polished but very quickly took on a brushed finish as I scuffed my hands against things. I like that it is very light. My brother in law got a huge platinum job and it felt like a boat anchor to me.

Why not buy your soon to be wife something nice and get a cheap Ti ring and a nice "lifetime" frame.

And congratulations!

rugbysecondrow
01-27-2011, 11:28 AM
Mine is platinum and gold, with the inside round fit. Works well.

I will also add, if you are the type who will often take off your ring, not wear it regularly or are prone to losing things, then get something cheap. If you wear it all the time and plan to not take it off, then you can spend a little more. My Dad always had 3-4 or four because he hated jewelry. Never wore anything, not even a watch. Just to weddings or on special occasions would he put one on.

Nooch
01-27-2011, 12:08 PM
I plan on wearing it day in and out, so ultimately comfort is key. I'm thinking a darker Ti might be the way I go, and nothing too wide, however, I have small-ish hands, so I'm thinking around 4mm.

Ti can be engraved, yes?

Nooch
01-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Why not buy your soon to be wife something nice and get a cheap Ti ring and a nice "lifetime" frame.

If only we had the money for the frame... (she wouldn't go for it anyhow, we're a little strapped so I don't even think we're doing the traditional wedding gifts -- wedding to be covered by her father)

vqdriver
01-27-2011, 12:15 PM
i wear a platinum plain band comfort fit and i think that may work well for what you're looking for. enough heft to feel yet it disappears on my hand during the day. i tried a ti band and it's lighter than i had wanted.

of course the design is pretty much whatever moves you and if you have something in mind, a good jeweler can make it in whatever material you want. whether or not it matches your wife's is probably going to be up to her. if she wants an eternity band or something with stones in it, i'm not sure how well that fits into your personal style. let her choose what she wants (and can realistically wear on a day to day basis) and then it's your turn.

fwiw, stainless steel is a viable option for bands, and tho it's not thought of as a 'precious' metal, i've seen some very very nicely made ones.

little.man
01-27-2011, 12:16 PM
Like quite a few of the others on here, have a Ti band. Rarely notice that it is even on and it's really the only piece of jewelry that wear consistently. Only take it off to lift weights. Nicked it up in a crash a few years ago and had to have them polished out. (I was just going to put it back on, but the wife had a fit about the nicks, so she took it to a jeweler). Was not going to spend a lot on my ring after what was spent on her's. Guess you could say it has a "brushed" look to it.

vqdriver
01-27-2011, 12:17 PM
mine is a 4mm as well and have shortish stubbyish fingers.
i was recommended a 5mm but am glad i stuck with my 4mm choice.

sg8357
01-27-2011, 12:38 PM
Both rings are white gold, hers has a small band of diamonds on the top.
Otherwise they're not matching.

Her engagement ring(s) are by Peter White, :)
DuraAce/Velocity Aerohead, D/A hubs are jewelry.

oldguy00
01-27-2011, 12:43 PM
Tungsten here. Love it, it is fairly heavy, and it doesn't scratch. Looks like new after 4 years. And it was only about $300 from the jewelry store.

Pretty much like this one:

http://www.joyjewelers.com/images/siteimages/tungstenfaq.jpg

Spicoli
01-27-2011, 01:01 PM
When I got married my wife and I had an East End LI artist named Lee Elliot make our wedding bands. He had some really cool stuff and we liked his work. He also has a unique disability of only having one hand. One of his hands is severly deformed/injured? Never asked "what happened" as it was irrelavent anyway. Anyhoo, we get these really cool art'sie fart'sie rings made that I think are soooo one of a kind and special! (other than the special between my wife and I). Mine matches hers in design yada yada. About 5 or so years of marriage down the line I meet a guy named Paul while riding with some buds. We stop at a deli and are getting some fuel and I look at "Pauls" hand as he reach's for his coffee and he has the exact same wedding band as I do!!! :crap: So much for one of a kind? I still chuckle to myself every now and then when I look at my wedding band. I still dig it and would never tweak it into something else but do think it's weird how two guy's into bike racing find this tiny art studio and get the same ring made up :confused: Wonder how many of us would fit the profile and ask for the same stuff?

It cracks me up so thought I'd share :) Congrats to the OP btw!

Oh yeah mine was made a few years before his...so he got the copy :no:

1happygirl
01-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Congratulations to the OP and best wishes to your fiance'.

And..
5 or so years of marriage down the line I meet a guy named Paul while riding with some buds. We stop at a deli and are getting some fuel and I look at "Pauls" hand as he reach's for his coffee and he has the exact same wedding band as I do!!! :crap:

Oh yeah mine was made a few years before his...so he got the copy :no:

Spicoli maybe you and Paul or Paul's wife are soulmates.....

Hahahahahahah
PS Does it have a Made in China inscribed in the inside!!! Priceless. Made me laugh cuz I have tried to get peeps in my life (as a girl) to go along with 'special' things. Too funny.

MadRocketSci
01-27-2011, 01:29 PM
IIRC Ti and/or Tungsten can't be resized. Someone chime in if this is wrong.

I have a white gold band with an inlay of distressed/textured stainless steel. Resembles granite, which i like since we got married on the beach along the merced river under el capitan at Yosemite. Some guy in New Mexico designed/made it.

uno-speedo
01-27-2011, 01:38 PM
You can stretch ti to a degree but not reduce in size.

Spicoli
01-27-2011, 01:39 PM
Congratulations to the OP and best wishes to your fiance'.

And..

Spicoli maybe you and Paul or Paul's wife are soulmates.....

Hahahahahahah
PS Does it have a Made in China inscribed in the inside!!! Priceless. Made me laugh cuz I have tried to get peeps in my life (as a girl) to go along with 'special' things. Too funny.

They did come in one of those "Clear Plastic bubbles", you think I got ripped off :rolleyes: I have those solo giggle moments when I think of the rings which is actually a really cool thing, other than people around you wondering why the heck is this guy giggling to himself? I have not seen the Paul fella in years. Pretty sure he quit riding, hope the rings had nothing to do with it?

Thnx

avalonracing
01-27-2011, 01:40 PM
I tried Ti, Gold, Platinum, and SS. Settled on wearing nothing! :D Oh, I'm still married, I just don't like rings.

alpsantos
01-27-2011, 01:53 PM
Congrats man!

Mine is a simple sterling silver bought at a Native American store in New Mexico....I think I paid less than $20. Keep it simple!

KevinK
01-27-2011, 01:57 PM
Although mine is yellow gold, I though you might like to see the shape. It is a very simple, flat band, but the exterior is a "round-square" giving it a simple sculpted look. The corners feel neat to the touch and I find myself playing with it alot. It's a bit scratched up, but after 32 years it still fits like new. Her band is narrower, but with the same shape.

Aaron O
01-27-2011, 02:21 PM
I have the world's oddest, but greatest, wife. She hates shopping, buys cheaper shoes than I do and despises gold. We went in to buy rings...I was expecting to drop a grand or so and she picked a $60 titanium ring. I told her she could spend more but she liked that one. I initially picked something different and fancier for myself...but eventually decided having matching rings was nicer...and she really did pick a beauty.

The downside is you can't have an inscription done on ti and if you injure your finger...you better take it off immediately. If it swells up...they're going to have a VERY hard time cutting it off. The plus side is price and it's extremely light weight. Cleaning it is easy as heck. I also have a fondness for titanium dating back to the early Merlins.

Likes2ridefar
01-27-2011, 02:33 PM
boone ti here. i have the simple ball peen style. both my wife and i love them.

Nooch
01-27-2011, 03:17 PM
hope the rings had nothing to do with it?

one ring to rule them all...

LOL.

So Ti can't be inscribed, eh? hrm. I've got a feeler out to Mr. Ti Designs, we'll see what he has to say..

So say I'm looking for something with a matte finish -- can we do that with white gold?

Likes2ridefar
01-27-2011, 03:18 PM

LOL.

So Ti can't be inscribed, eh? hrm. I've got a feeler out to Mr. Ti Designs, we'll see what he has to say..

So say I'm looking for something with a matte finish -- can we do that with white gold?

my ti ring is inscribed.

d_douglas
01-27-2011, 03:24 PM
Trying to avoid work in arch school, I designed a ring for my wife. I met 2x with a local jeweler while visiting Geneva. In horrible French but supported by drawings, he pulled off a great job. It is plain looking but has several details that show a narrative that I wanted to have in the ring , but only evident to Anne- Lise and I.

She loved the ring and I wanted something similar for myself, so I had a second one made. She actually wanted something a bit bigger ( no jokes please) so I wear the original and hers is the same but on steroids.

I am not at all traditional normally and I hate gold jewelry, but I believed that my wedding ring should be gold . I thought of ti, but I wanted to separate the outcome from anything else in my life ( like a ti bike) Sseems silly, but I was actually against ti for my wedding ring.

I wear one ring and will wear no others - not a jewellry man, and I don't consider a wedding ring jewellry.

Aaron O
01-27-2011, 03:30 PM

LOL.

My jeweler wouldn't do it...but I didn't ask around either.

Bob Ross
01-27-2011, 03:34 PM
I don't even think we're doing the traditional wedding gifts

uh-oh... was I supposed to get my wife a gift for our wedding?

Idris Icabod
01-27-2011, 03:36 PM

Think carefully about white gold. My wife has one white gold ring which is gold with a rhodium plate (gold is yellow without exception) to make it white and she has to have it replated with rhodium fairly regularly to keep it white and matching the others she wears which are platinum. Luckily we bought some insurance policy from Jared so the platings are free otherwise I think they run about 20 bucks a pop which I would imagine gets annoying after the first few times.

I did however buy her a rose gold watch for the birth of our latest little girl (4 weeks old) which is a copper alloy of gold which is really cool and since it is an alloy and not a coating should be good for life.

EDS
01-27-2011, 04:02 PM
Think carefully about white gold. My wife has one white gold ring which is gold with a rhodium plate (gold is yellow without exception) to make it white and she has to have it replated with rhodium fairly regularly to keep it white and matching the others she wears which are platinum. Luckily we bought some insurance policy from Jared so the platings are free otherwise I think they run about 20 bucks a pop which I would imagine gets annoying after the first few times.

I did however buy her a rose gold watch for the birth of our latest little girl (4 weeks old) which is a copper alloy of gold which is really cool and since it is an alloy and not a coating should be good for life.

In six years I have never had my white gold wedding ban "replated" and it is still silver.

I wanted a ti ring but was told not all hospitals are equipped with a saw that can cut titanium should you mangle your finger while the ring is still on. I race with my ring on, which is probably a mistake given the scars it now bears from various pile-ups.

Spicoli
01-27-2011, 04:58 PM
Mine is actually white gold and had a matte finish. The problem with the matte finish is wearing it will polish it. Mine stayed matte for a couple months and has had a half ass shine for the past 13 or so years.

Nooch.. you ever see "Clerks II" when they have the trilogy debate about Lord of the Rings? Sss"Nooch"eeboochees!

LOL.

Nooch
01-27-2011, 07:37 PM
Nooch.. you ever see "Clerks II" when they have the trilogy debate about Lord of the Rings? Sss"Nooch"eeboochees!

But of course. The name was pulled from Mallrats, Jay says to silent bob "i'd do it but i threw my back out h**ping your mom last night, Nooch."

blackthorn
01-27-2011, 08:18 PM
[/IMG]

My wife & I had a pair of these made for ourselves in Santa Fe.

While I've never been big on jewelry, when we were shopping for these, I definitely dug the "bling" factor! It's funny, 'cuz I work in jeans & Carhardt jacket, and a lot of people (especially women) notice this. It's definitely NOT turquoise!

Ken Robb
01-27-2011, 08:22 PM
uh-oh... was I supposed to get my wife a gift for our wedding?

I blew that one myself. Who knew? My Mom was dead. Who else would tell a guy?

Ken Robb
01-27-2011, 08:25 PM
[/IMG]

My wife & I had a pair of these made for ourselves in Santa Fe.

While I've never been big on jewelry, when we were shopping for these, I definitely dug the "bling" factor! It's funny, 'cuz I work in jeans & Carhardt jacket, and a lot of people (especially women) notice this. It's definitely NOT turquoise!
Beautiful--I love opals. I don't think a ring like this would look too good if I wore it for two days. My plain gold ones get beat up and opals are fragile. Yours are small well-supported stones so that must help their survival. How long have you been wearing yours?

blackthorn
01-27-2011, 08:34 PM
Beautiful--I love opals. I don't think a ring like this would look too good if I wore it for two days. My plain gold ones get beat up and opals are fragile. Yours are small well-supported stones so that must help their survival. How long have you been wearing yours?

I've been wearing it for 3 years, and they warned me when we ordered them that they're fragile. I'm not exactly easy on it, either -- I work with it on, but stash it in the watch pocket of my jeans when the going gets rough.

Ken Robb
01-27-2011, 09:34 PM
well it is dazzling.

gearguywb
01-28-2011, 05:34 AM
We both have Ti rings from http://www.tirings.com/about_us.php

Both have inscriptions. Easy purchase, they got everything right the first time.

rwsaunders
01-28-2011, 06:29 AM
Myth or fact that EMT's can't cut a Ti ring from your finger?

znfdl
01-28-2011, 07:45 AM
I am on my fourth wedding band with the smae wife. I ended up buying a 6/4 Ti band, which has held up to my abuse. So has my wife... ;)

rockdude
01-28-2011, 08:34 AM
Solid 24 karat Gold band with comfort fit. Feels like silk while its on and has a very cool luster. BUT I must admit, I don't wear it or any other jewelry.

Liberace
01-28-2011, 09:07 AM

Complete myth. Most ti used in jewelry cuts as easily as any other metal. You just have to make two cuts, because it doesn't bend as easily.

fil
01-28-2011, 09:10 AM
fwiw, stainless steel is a viable option for bands, and tho it's not thought of as a 'precious' metal, i've seen some very very nicely made ones.

my ring is stainless and it continues to look better year after year

Lifelover
01-28-2011, 09:27 AM
I have a simple gold ring that is thinned on the underside. Still was not able to get comfortable with it so I really never wore it. My wife was fine with me not wearing it for the last 20 years.

I'm very seriously considering a wedding band tatoo but have been to chicken to do it. However, just the mention of it too her made for a great night. :)

mwaldhopkins
01-28-2011, 10:10 AM
My wife and I have meteorite/palladium rings:

http://www.arizonaskiesmeteorites.com/Damascus_Rings_Meteorite_Rings/

We love them.

Nooch
01-28-2011, 10:21 AM
I'm very seriously considering a wedding band tatoo but have been to chicken to do it. However, just the mention of it too her made for a great night. :)

DO IT.

I've considered this as well, but I cannot say how well recepted it would be at my office -- while I don't plan on being here for the rest of my life, the fact that I cannot wear short sleeves b/c of my ink is a tad silly (considering that I don't meet outside clients, ever).

So far, still leaning Ti.

93legendti
01-28-2011, 11:01 AM

What do you reccomend?

I bought our bands and engagement ring at the same time, in the same store and we both went with platinum. My band doesn't match hers exactly. We each picked what we liked. The engagement ring, we picked together-as we did with the stone.

Buy what you like and what matches your sense of style.

rice rocket
01-28-2011, 01:30 PM
Tungsten carbide is actually the hardest to remove iirc. It doesn't cut, you just crush it and it fractures (hopefully not your finger too).

On the flipside, it's almost impossible to scratch it.

Ti Designs
01-28-2011, 04:14 PM
You might contact our very own Ti Designs, he does this very sort of thing! And appears in the 2006 Serotta catalog too.

Not any more... The Ti jewelry business was a creative outlet, maybe 1 out of every 100 customers understood that. It turned into customers asking me to make something that someone else already makes - no thanks. At this point I only take on the projects that spark my creativity. Right now I'm working on a knurled titanium handle for a sashimi knife and a keyboard amp that uses a soundboard instead of speaker cones. I'll only take on jewelry work if it's got a great story or it's a past client, or it's true hand crafting.

The last set of wedding bands I made came with a great story. They had met in a school outdoors club, on a camping trip. He found out that it was her birthday, but having just met her he had nothing to give her for a present. Other people on the trip knew and got her stuff, so he thought about it for a few seconds, took a metal spork out of his mess kit, bent it around in a circle and gave it to her as a bracelet. Two years later they asked me to make wedding bands for them. I made hand carved titanium spork wedding bands - how cool is that?

Ken Robb
01-28-2011, 06:23 PM
pretty darn cool :banana:

false_Aest
01-28-2011, 06:34 PM
i prefer the multi-tool approach

csm
01-31-2011, 08:39 PM
matching platinum.

alohavolley1
02-01-2011, 12:05 PM
whatever you decide on, go with the "comfort fit" style if offered. They are beveled on the inside for a better fit. much appreciated if you have thick fingers like me.

Cheers!

Nooch
03-05-2011, 06:19 AM
so, going to meet with my jeweler this morning.. personally, i'm working on two options, depending on which is more economically savvy.

First, I've had my father's original wedding band for years, from his marriage to my mother.. I've also had my mother's original engagement setting, from which the center stone of my fiance's ring came from. So, being such a product of the two of them, I was considering having my jeweler make a plain white gold band out of the two rings.

Option two, will be straight Ti.

fun stuff!

Skrawny
03-05-2011, 07:59 AM
We stuck with platinum with the engagement and wedding bands.
Her engagement ring is simple with a single diamond.
Her wedding band is an "eternity band" with diamonds all around.
My ring has a beaded groove around both edges

Unfortunately, her wedding ring was designed with holes in the back of the diamonds which may be what causes her to react to her ring. She now wears it as a necklace. She doesn't have that problem with the wedding band.

monkeywobble
03-06-2011, 12:18 AM
Tungsten Carbide here too. Never worn any jewelry before but this thing is neat. Bought it a little bit larger but is a tight fit over my knuckle. Of course that hasn't stopped me from sending it flying across a parking lot one day when I was messing with it and riding to catch my train. I've had it around 4 years and not a single scratch on it.

Doesn't match the wifes ring in any way.

Apparently all the talk about paramedics not being able to remove rings is the stuff or urban legend be it Gold, Silver, Tungsten or Titanium.

Nooch
03-07-2011, 02:22 PM
So it ends up that we'll each be getting the band we want, mine white gold with my father's band and mother's setting incorporated into it, 5mm, and she will be getting a band that matches her engagement ring, channel set diamonds across the top.

T minus 40 days and counting...

BumbleBeeDave
03-07-2011, 02:45 PM
i prefer the multi-tool approach

. . . and wore this one for the last seven! :D

Sorry . . . couldn't resist! :banana:

BBD

Elefantino
03-07-2011, 06:08 PM
I've only taken my wedding band off 11 times — all for surgeries — in almost 30 years.

Other than that, the simple gold band that we bought for cheap at Service Merchandise in 1981 is still there. My wife has had to have hers replaced once, because a blood pressure thingy blew up and dripped mercury on it. Gold doesn't like mercury.

weaponsgrade
03-07-2011, 10:33 PM
I initially had a nice platinum one. A few years later after we were married I got really sick and lost some weight - enough so that ring was fitting a bit loose. One day while riding I heard a ping. I thought it was a spoke, but the wheels seemed fine so I kept riding. A few miles later I realized my ring was missing and that sound was the ring falling off. My riding bros. and I retraced our steps and walked the route, but we never found it. I discovered that ti is very similar to platinum and bought a replacement ti one off ebay for under $20. So I guess my advice is to get the ti and save yourself a few hundred dollars.

jonnyBgood
03-07-2011, 11:00 PM
I have a brushed and polished titanium ring that I never take off. I ride motocross, cyclocross mountain bike and road bike and never have had an issue.

My wife has a custom made platinum wedding ring and engagement ring and she absolutely loves them.

By the way her ring and mine don't match at all besides the fact they both are silver in color.

Nooch
03-17-2011, 01:34 PM
and they're here... not sure if the pic will come out well, from the blackberry..

t minus 30 days.

1happygirl
03-18-2011, 12:04 AM
I've only taken my wedding band off 11 times — all for surgeries — in almost 30 years.

Awww..

Louis
03-18-2011, 12:15 AM
t minus 30 days.

Cue the Jaws shark music... ;)