PDA

View Full Version : Schleck...

oldguy00
01-26-2011, 09:59 AM
Wow, more whining....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck-gutted-and-disappointed-after-losing-tour-de-france

Why has he not acknowledged his pathetic prologue as being partly responsible for blowing his TDF????

FlashUNC
01-26-2011, 10:10 AM
I don't think the prologue was the problem. Final difference ended up being about what he lost on that dropped chain.

Price of being the guinea pig for some larger pulleys I suppose.

oldguy00
01-26-2011, 10:41 AM
.... Final difference ended up being about what he lost on that dropped chain....

It doesn't change the fact that he placed 122nd! and lost 42 seconds to Contador in the prologue (more than the 39 second final difference). Pretty bad showing for someone intending to win the tour.

Not to mention Andy had the enforcer Fabian to neutralize the race when needed.....

I know there is question about whether or not Contador should be the winner because of the clen thing, but I sure don't think Andy deserved it....

patrick8037
01-26-2011, 10:54 AM
Because Andy still wore the yellow jersey, despite his poor time trial performance. Sure, the mechanical wouldn't have been as much of an issue if he didn't perform as poorly in the prologue, but there was no controversy in the prologue. The controversy was the 39 seconds Schleck lost to Contador when he attacked.

Its good to see there is still anger in his tummy.

oldguy00
01-26-2011, 10:57 AM
The only reason I am looking forward to the 2011 TDF is to watch Basso kick his ass!! :hello: :beer:

TAW
01-26-2011, 11:05 AM
Given the recent news concerning Contador, I'm not sure Andy has lost quite yet. It seems the formula for winning the tour lately is to finish 2nd. ;)

patrick8037
01-26-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm looking forward to getting excited about Evans, only to have my hopes crushed after one day.

firerescuefin
01-26-2011, 11:17 AM
What are you complaining about...I would much rather see this than each giving the other a handjob on the podium. Contador cheated....Contador attacked under questionable circumstances....Andy showed that he needs to think about what ring he is in during certain shifts....Andy also showed that his TT ability needs a lot of work if he wants to win grand tour(s) and Basso is an also ran, who is as big of a fraud as any of them. You will be waiting for awhile if you think he will take it to Andy in France. The Giro isn't the tour.

Bottom line....in January, the drama keeps it entertaining.

norcalbiker
01-26-2011, 11:23 AM
I really think he would have won the tour if it wasn't for that chainsucks. :crap:

oldguy00
01-26-2011, 11:33 AM
....Basso is an also ran, who is as big of a fraud as any of them. ...

It was ATTEMPTED doping!!! hahahaha

pbjbike
01-26-2011, 11:35 AM
His comments are candid and they shed some light on the podium bs. I don`t follow pro cycling hoping for 25 year olds to be oracles in their post race remarks. :)

JMerring
01-26-2011, 12:56 PM
schleck's a twerp. and likely as dirty as berty. go ivan!!!

JMerring
01-26-2011, 12:57 PM
sorry - accidentally hit post twice.

doofus 2.0
01-26-2011, 01:07 PM
if contador's out, andy has no excuse this time around...or even if contador's in. the 2011 route has "climber-who-can't-TT" written all over it....

johnmdesigner
01-26-2011, 01:11 PM
If he's responsible for releasing this interview the day before Contador is sanctioned then yes, it's sour grapes. He probably learned how to whine from Bharne.
But seriously, they're all immature children. Look at the s**t that comes out of Cav's mouth.
Good luck to him this summer and let's hope its not another Sky/Wiggo disaster.

BumbleBeeDave
01-26-2011, 01:18 PM
Wow, more whining....

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/schleck-gutted-and-disappointed-after-losing-tour-de-france

Why has he not acknowledged his pathetic prologue as being partly responsible for blowing his TDF????

He's simply expressing his feelings about losing. What, you expect him to be happy about it? I don't get the impression he's whining about Contador. And how do you know he ISN'T totally disgusted with his Prologue performance, just because he doesn't happen to mention it in THIS particular story?

Contador acted like a true ass on the Tourmalet with those patronizing little pats on the cheek at the finish line. I got the definite feeling hat one more pat and Andy's fist would have ended up in Bertie's mouth. I also got the feeling AC knew full well what he was doing when he atacked while Schleck was climbing off his bike to deal with the chain.

BBD

johnmdesigner
01-26-2011, 01:22 PM
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-to-receive-one-year-ban-for-clenbuterol-positive

Bob Loblaw
01-26-2011, 01:28 PM
Andy may be on the sauce, but I'll tell you this much: I'm more likely to believe in a pure climber who fumbles his way through time trials than I am in a climber who miraculously becomes a TT phenom after a "lots of hard work and a few changes to his position since last season."

The Tour is always interesting. There are more guys with a chance to win it this time around than in years past for sure. Depending on how the good and bad luck is passed around, any one of 8 guys could get the top spot on the podium.

BL

firerescuefin
01-26-2011, 01:31 PM
Andy may be on the sauce, but I'll tell you this much: I'm more likely to believe in a pure climber who fumbles his way through time trials than I am in a climber who miraculously becomes a TT phenom after a "lots of hard work and a few changes to his position since last season."

BL

Amen...."Can I get another witness from the congregation!!!"

When your built like Cunego and schooling Fabian C on a TT course that's to his liking, your eating a lot of Spanish In-N-Out and fresh cut fries.

97CSI
01-26-2011, 04:47 PM
Wow, more whining....
Why has he not acknowledged his pathetic prologue as being partly responsible for blowing his TDF????Didn't he just 'win' the 2010 TDF?

gasman
01-26-2011, 05:03 PM
Didn't he just 'win' the 2010 TDF?

Yep but not offical yet.

wc1934
01-26-2011, 08:24 PM
I don't think the prologue was the problem. Final difference ended up being about what he lost on that dropped chain.

Andy asked:
"Where was Tyler Hamilton when we needed him?'

R2D2
01-27-2011, 02:33 AM
Didn't he just 'win' the 2010 TDF?
+1

soulspinner
01-27-2011, 04:42 AM

The Tour is always interesting. There are more guys with a chance to win it this time around than in years past for sure. Depending on how the good and bad luck is passed around, any one of 8 guys could get the top spot on the podium.

BL

Well said. The instant time trialer thing stunned me and so few questioned it.

oldguy00
01-27-2011, 07:11 AM
They are all doped. I don't believe in schleck any more than I do any pro. I like watching the show. I'm not naive enough to believe that any of these guys are completely clean.
I'd be willing to bet that Schleck doesn't -feel- like he won the tour....

leooooo
01-27-2011, 07:24 AM
Well said. The instant time trialer thing stunned me and so few questioned it.

Well he is a cheat, but lets not get too hung up on this "instant" time trial phenom business. Following the pro-scene (not just TdF) and quick check on wiki shows that he has been winning ITTs since 2003.....

JMerring
01-27-2011, 09:35 AM
Andy Schleck: “For me Alberto is the winner of the 2010 Tour. I would love to win the Tour on my own.” Hmmm...why would that be?

soulspinner
01-28-2011, 06:01 AM
Well he is a cheat, but lets not get too hung up on this "instant" time trial phenom business. Following the pro-scene (not just TdF) and quick check on wiki shows that he has been winning ITTs since 2003.....

Ya check the times. He never came close to beating Cancellara in form................

Fixed
01-28-2011, 06:05 AM

BL
bingo
imho cheers

leooooo
01-28-2011, 06:50 AM
Ya check the times. He never came close to beating Cancellara in form................

Spartacus was never really a high mountains guy. After 2 and half something weeks of glorified training rides (flat stages) and a few mountains, it's not really surprising that Bertie can beat him in a TT. Look at last years Vuelta, Canc didn't come in first either and he got beat by someone most casual fans never even heard of. Canc and Gilbert are my favorite riders, but even then I gotta admit they are not machines. They can be beat.

firerescuefin
01-28-2011, 07:00 AM
Cancellara was on form that day (according to him) on a course that suited him and was not a climbers course. His reaction to losing to Contador told it all.

leooooo
01-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Please re-read entire thread.
I am responding to the claim that Bertie became an "instant" time trialer. Like the fairy godmother granted him that skill over night. He is a good time trialer in his own right. Always was.

I am NOT saying nor did I ever say he was the BEST. Even I hesitate at the fact that he beat Canc that day. I can only speculate that there was some "help."

spartacus
01-28-2011, 07:08 AM
Cancellara will continue with his normal goals for this season and next and then modify his training to attack the other two monuments he hasn't yet won, Liege Baston Liege, and Lombardia. We'll then also see where he is in the grand tour gc.

leooooo
01-28-2011, 07:10 AM
Cancellara will continue with his normal goals for this season and next and then modify his training to attack the other two monuments he hasn't yet won, Liege Baston Liege, and Lombardia. We'll then also see where he is in the grand tour gc.

Really hope he gets all 5 monuments. But not this year.
His program (new sponsors demand...) called for P-R and Flanders for spring and another peak for the WC RR.

firerescuefin
01-28-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't need to re-read the entire thread as my reading comprehension was adequate the first time.

I think we agree more than we disagree (or disagree at all). He was never a "world class" TT guy...then he is beating FC on a good day (with the motor installed)....Spanish Beef kicks Ass!! And I thought I just "felt" stronger after our honeymoon in Tenerife.

leooooo
01-28-2011, 07:31 AM
lol, I was also thinking that there was so much agreement in our disagreement.

jacques_anqueti
01-28-2011, 10:00 AM
...not this way.

vpierce1
01-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Meh, say what you will about Andy Schleck, the Tour, the chain incident, blah blah blah blah. Go back and watch the 2009 LBL. Chasing down Gilbert, blowing past him, and soloing was awesome.