PDA

View Full Version : What is 'across the hall'?

oldpotatoe
01-25-2011, 02:24 PM
??

mpetry
01-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Velocipede salon

http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/f2/

little bit different tone over there. Less bike content :- )

Mark Petry
Bainbridge Island, WA

AngryScientist
01-25-2011, 02:30 PM
as a relative newcomer myself, could someone give us the cliffnotes of how/why/when the split was made?

Ahneida Ride
01-25-2011, 02:40 PM
Let's stop this right now ...

I've got some buddies across the hall .... and I have a good idea
where this thread may lead.

Let's just move on to another thread.

eddief
01-25-2011, 02:51 PM
is another bicycle forum not sponsored by a manufacturer. The originators of that forum, as I understand it, used to be more a part of this forum. I think they found some of the content, personalities, and rules not to their liking...so they started their own forum with their own style of content, personalities, and rules. Same genre of tv show on a different channel.

Many many participants on Vsalon are custom frame builders. I can see where all of that frame building discussion might somehow not be in place on the Serotta forum...since Serotta is in the biz of custom frame building themselves.

Frankwurst
01-25-2011, 02:54 PM

I agree. :beer:

Fixed
01-25-2011, 02:55 PM

+1 imho
cheers

old_fat_and_slow
01-25-2011, 03:12 PM
While we're 'splainin' things to tha noobs, can someone provide a little background on who/what

"the jerk"

is?

You don't have to "out" him if that's unacceptable decorum, but just a little background 'd be 'ppreciated.

Thanx,

Fixed
01-25-2011, 03:17 PM
the jerk is very wise ex bike racer
he writes wonderfully
has a line of race bikes
that ride like mx leaders
overall not what his name might suggest
cheers imho

akelman
01-25-2011, 03:34 PM
It looks like my post got deleted. Why?

akelman
01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
As did DRZRM's. What gives?

Fixed
01-25-2011, 03:35 PM
any body remember too tall he was a hip cat
cheers imho

CNY rider
01-25-2011, 03:36 PM
This is a good forum.
VSalon is a good forum.
I enjoyed it more when we were all just one big dysfunctional forum.

akelman
01-25-2011, 03:37 PM
A reference to the fact that the whole "we" and "they" thing doesn't make a lot of sense, given that many of the people over there are over here as well.

akelman
01-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Do the mods sometimes delete posts?

Pete Serotta
01-25-2011, 03:38 PM
some food for thought here !

Anyone from across there, including the builders. are welcome here. !! PETE

is another bicycle forum not sponsored by a manufacturer. The originators of that forum, as I understand it, used to be more a part of this forum. I think they found some of the content, personalities, and rules not to their liking...so they started their own forum with their own style of content, personalities, and rules. Same genre of tv show on a different channel.

Many many participants on Vsalon are custom frame builders. I can see where all of that frame building discussion might somehow not be in place on the Serotta forum...since Serotta is in the biz of custom frame building themselves.

akelman
01-25-2011, 03:41 PM
Pete, did you just delete my post? Because you thought I was attacking someone? Because if that's the case, you completely misread what I wrote.

DRZRM
Wow that is just rediculous!l

Pete Serotta
All of us and them are asked to be courteous at all times - - and I have seen nothing but them setting high standards for this. Yes like all forums, there are always a few folks that like to stir emotion, I at time have ban more of our folks than any that ever were here and are not over thers.

PETE

Aaron O
01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Pete, did you just delete my post? Because you thought I was attacking someone? Because if that's the case, you completely misread what I wrote.

I don't get it...mine was deleted as well and I can't imagine how it could have been construed as offensive.

I had another post edited, which was meant in jest, but after reading about this...I can understand that what I meant to be as funny and flippant might have been taken differently. I had no idea there was a hornets nest.

akelman
01-25-2011, 03:43 PM
Again, did you delete my post, Pete? And if so, why? Because, really, if you thought I was trying to stir the pot, you misread what I wrote. But if you deleted it for another reason, then I'd like to know why. I'm genuinely confused and trying to figure out what's what.

Mr. Squirrel
01-25-2011, 03:44 PM
do they have trees and wheels over there? where do they ride? do they like nuts? i should pay them a visit.

mr. squirrel

old_fat_and_slow
01-25-2011, 03:48 PM

54ny77
01-25-2011, 03:49 PM
all this talk of "us" and "them" frightens and confuses me. sometimes i ask myself, are there DEMONS coming out of this computer? after all, i'm just a caveman.

oldpotatoe
01-25-2011, 03:50 PM
all this talk of "us" and "them" frightens and confuses me. sometimes i ask myself, are there DEMONS coming out of this computer? after all, i'm just a caveman.

Sorry I asked....................

pitcrew
01-25-2011, 03:53 PM
Sorry I asked....................

OP, I bet you thought it was a straight forward question, huh?

Pete Serotta
01-25-2011, 03:54 PM
Do the mods sometimes delete posts?
:crap: :crap: Pete

akelman
01-25-2011, 03:57 PM
Do you want to let me know what I've done wrong? Because I'm completely confused. You're welcome to PM me, of course, but deleting my posts without warning seems a bit odd. More than that, it sounds like you're upset about a pattern of behavior, and I'd really like to know what I've done that's inappropriate. Anyway, I'll hope to hear from you.

PBWrench
01-25-2011, 03:58 PM
My post, a John Lennon lyric, was deleted as well! Huh??

Pete Serotta
01-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Many of your context is out of line, just look at the posts you do in a thread verses what other do. Even go back of a short period. If you do not want to follow the lead of others or let them influence how you respond,,, I am sorry,

No I am not going to get into a discussion about you for that then becomes attacking by me on you and it is no more correct to do than others doing it.

PETE

Do you want to let me know what I've done wrong? Because I'm completely confused. You're welcome to PM me, of course, but deleting my posts without warning seems a bit odd. More than that, it sounds like you're upset about a pattern of behavior, and I'd really like to know what I've done that's inappropriate. Anyway, I'll hope to hear from you.

ergott
01-25-2011, 04:05 PM
Question answered and....

Lock!

:beer:

fiamme red
01-25-2011, 04:08 PM
At the risk of being banned, I believe that akelman didn't say anything in the least disparaging about the Velocipede forum, nor any of its members, in this thread.

Pete Serotta
01-25-2011, 04:08 PM
Question answered and....

Lock!

:crap: :crap: :confused:

akelman
01-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Many of your context is out of line, just look at the posts you do in a thread verses what other do. Even go back of a short period. If you do not want to follow the lead of others or let them influence how you respond,,, I am sorry,

No I am not going to get into a discussion about you for that then becomes attacking by me on you and it is no more correct to do than others doing it.

PETE

I truly don't know what to make of this, Pete. I hope you'll take a moment either to elaborate in this thread or you'll do me the courtesy of sending me a PM explaining what you're talking about. Because until just this moment, I really considered myself a member of the forum in good standing. But now it seems I've run afoul of at least one of the mods and am actually on thin ice. That's fair enough -- you're the moderator, after all -- but I really would appreciate some explanation of where I've gone wrong.

fourflys
01-25-2011, 04:10 PM
I at time have ban more of our folks than any that ever were here and are not over thers.

PETE

yeah, I'm not allowed over there under roman rules... ;)

Pete Serotta
01-25-2011, 04:13 PM
I truly don't know what to make of this. I hope you'll take a moment either to elaborate or send me a PM explaining what you're talking about. Because until this thread, I considered myself a member of the forum in good standing. But now it seems I've run afoul of at least one of the mods and am actually on thin ice. That's fair enough -- you're the moderator, after all -- but I really would appreciate some explanation of where I've gone wrong.

Quote:

They are evil. We are good. They love only themselves. We love bikes. They obsess over beauty (which is skin deep). We ponder aesthetics (which is a fancy word). Their opinions are ill-informed. Our perspectives are wrought from God's own truth.

Oh, and one other thing: we are they.

See above as to why...please stop stirring the pot

fourflys
01-25-2011, 04:13 PM
I truly don't know what to make of this. I hope you'll take a moment either to elaborate or send me a PM explaining what you're talking about. Because until this thread, I considered myself a member of the forum in good standing. But now it seems I've run afoul of at least one of the mods and am actually on thin ice with you and perhaps others here. That's fair enough -- you're the moderator, after all -- but I really would appreciate some explanation of where I've gone wrong.

my guess is Pete is having a worse than normal day today (maybe he is out of red)... I have no idea what you posted, but it can't be that important given the subject of the thread...

I would just drop it and move on...

Cheers,
Chris

akelman
01-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Quote:

They are evil. We are good. They love only themselves. We love bikes. They obsess over beauty (which is skin deep). We ponder aesthetics (which is a fancy word). Their opinions are ill-informed. Our perspectives are wrought from God's own truth.

Oh, and one other thing: we are they.

See above as to why...please stop stirring the pot

Okay, I'll move on. But really, Pete, look at the end of what I wrote: "we are they." My point was that for all of the talk of us and them, there's a huge amount of overlap between the two communities. Anyway, sorry for the trouble.

ergott
01-25-2011, 04:19 PM
:crap: :crap: :confused:

I blame your for nothing. It's a crappy, thankless job.

Thank you,

Lifelover
01-25-2011, 04:24 PM

The Vsalon is a forum for cyclist while Serotta is a forum for Bike Riders. :banana: :crap: :banana:

If anyone is really interested you could simply do a search for some one like Too Talls last post. His user ID is still active here but he pretty much stopped posting here when the split happened.

You could use his last post as a time table and than just read through a bunch of the BS. Look for very long or even locked threads from that time table.

If anyone were try and tell the history of the split, the story were certainly be tainted with their point of view.

It really was not all that exciting.

Pete Serotta
01-25-2011, 04:28 PM
Okay, I'll move on. But really, Pete, look at the end of what I wrote: "we are they." My point was that for all of the talk of us and them, there's a huge amount of overlap between the two communities. Anyway, sorry for the trouble.
:crap: :crap: In hindsight closing when I got all the emails from others on the forum and went to read the note was the thing I should have done.

I failed at bringing things back to courteous and thus apologize,

There were "attacks" on across the hall and on past members :no: :no:

Yep and then I did what I thought was needed, Other moderators hopefully will offer review of the thread and me.

Learning is something for ALL of us no matter how old we are. Understanding and respecting others is something we all need (yeah me too)> You can read the news everyday and see things growing apart on everyday things among a YES group and the NO group of whatever the topic.
is - understanding and respecting others is important.

PETE

texbike
01-25-2011, 04:30 PM
I just read through this entire thread and the only thing that I can say is "Wow"! I would REALLY like to see a full-sized shot of Old, Fat, and Slow's avatar posted as quickly as possible! :beer:

Texbike

ergott
01-25-2011, 04:32 PM
"Potato" (spoken with a long a syllable)
"Potato" (spoken with an ä syllable)

"Tomato" (spoken with a long a syllable)
"Tomato" (spoken with an ä syllable)

The song looses its essence if you are just reading the ink.

Pete Serotta
01-25-2011, 04:33 PM
At the risk of being banned, I believe that akelman didn't say anything in the least disparaging about the Velocipede forum, nor any of its members, in this thread.

PETE

Pete Serotta
01-25-2011, 04:45 PM
I truly don't know what to make of this, Pete. I hope you'll take a moment either to elaborate in this thread or you'll do me the courtesy of sending me a PM explaining what you're talking about. Because until just this moment, I really considered myself a member of the forum in good standing. But now it seems I've run afoul of at least one of the mods and am actually on thin ice. That's fair enough -- you're the moderator, after all -- but I really would appreciate some explanation of where I've gone wrong.

YOU and ALL the others members AT THE FORUM!! create much of the value for all who frequent forum and those also help us attract others to the threads and the value folks get from the reading threads.

Yeah we want them to read about SEROTTA and create a "buy" want for them.

Again this was not a thread I could not have done better. PETE

Ahneida Ride
01-25-2011, 04:46 PM
any body remember too tall he was a hip cat
cheers imho

He still is ...

HB would not have taken off without all that great feedback and
encouragement from Josh. I owe him immensely.

e-RICHIE
01-25-2011, 04:55 PM
i was away when many of these posts came and went but had a window open to reply to one. since it's gone, i have edited out the post-ers name. but, as Lifelover may possibly note, this is my tainted point of view...

This really need not be contentious AR. IIRC, certain, frame builders (ATMO at the lead) were asked by the mods not to use the Serotta forum as a location to promote sales for their own products. There were some fights over what defined promotion, and when the smoke cleared, Richard Sachs and a group of others left here and started a site where there freedom to discuss their products would not be policed.

for the record, not only didn't this (ever) happen, but it's the furthest from the truth as it can be, and it's the polar opposite of what actually happened. i have always been a pal of the mods here (at least four are clients), of ben (who i have known since 1974), and this forum. i was one of the original members still here from when ben and company co-opted the message board it had previously been and decided (ultimately) to become a sponsor.

as far as V place goes, it's nearly six seasons old and has run parallel to this and many other forums all along. it was kept on the down-low, begun as a listserve, morphed into google group, and then became a stand alone, un-sponsored website about four years ago. the board never marketed itself as a destination point or as "this year's new chat place". it grew organically and folks registered without any form of solicitation, probably like this place did when kahuna ran it as the hydrophorum back ten years or so ago.

thank you for reading.

ps

arrange disorder

:cool: :cool: :cool:
:) :cool: :cool:

znfdl
01-25-2011, 05:02 PM
I agree with Richard and hang out occasionally here and across the hall.....

Both places have their pros and cons, that is why both survive....

dekindy
01-25-2011, 05:03 PM
I requested membership over there but never heard anything from it. No big deal since I was not motivated enough to pursue it. I am content here. I personally never understood the situation but I was new here when the split occurred.

97CSI
01-25-2011, 05:46 PM
Sorry I asked....................You are such a trouble maker. Next thing we know you will be recommending SP pedals. ;)

Lifelover
01-25-2011, 05:48 PM
i was away when many of these posts came and went but had a window open to reply to one. since it's gone, i have edited out the post-ers name. but, as Lifelover may possibly note, this is my tainted point of view...

for the record, not only didn't this (ever) happen, but it's the furthest from the truth as it can be, and it's the polar opposite of what actually happened. i have always been a pal of the mods here (at least four are clients), of ben (who i have known since 1974), and this forum. i was one of the original members still here from when ben and company co-opted the message board it had previously been and decided (ultimately) to become a sponsor.

as far as V place goes, it's nearly six seasons old and has run parallel to this and many other forums all along. it was kept on the down-low, begun as a listserve, morphed into google group, and then became a stand alone, un-sponsored website about four years ago. the board never marketed itself as a destination point or as "this year's new chat place". it grew organically and folks registered without any form of solicitation, probably like this place did when kahuna ran it as the hydrophorum back ten years or so ago.

thank you for reading.

ps

arrange disorder

And for my tainted view:

This is the "Serotta" forum. As Pete has stated over and over, any other frame builders are free to post. However, in the good old days when the posting were dominated by and/or about other builders, there was a feeling of bad form.

It was great to have the cast of builders that used to post here. However, it did take away from Serotta. I can say this out of direct experience. I happened upon the forum in the good old days and was quickly lusting for bikes from multiple independent builders but had no real desire to buy a Serotta. The talk (and praise) was mostly about the builders who now make up the Collective.

I don't think the transition was intentional and while I miss them I applaud these builders for not having an overwhelming presence here. That is the one downside of this being a product specific forum.

The Vsalon has turned into a great place for many, many builders to strut their stuff. I lurk there regularly and hope it can remain as such.

Just as this place has changed over the years, so will (already has for the better) the Vsalon.

There is plenty of bandwidth for both and folks don't need to freak out if someone here or there says something bad about the others. It just 1's and 0's.

That said: Our moderators are better than yours! :beer:

fourflys
01-25-2011, 05:59 PM
That said: Our moderators are better than yours! :beer:

I can agree with that 100%! ALL good mods here, mostly good mods there...

znfdl
01-25-2011, 06:04 PM
lifelover, I really like your quote from Garro.....

pitcrew
01-25-2011, 06:06 PM
You are such a trouble maker. Next thing we know you will be recommending SP pedals. ;)

Or worse OP, you could have thrown out the Campy vs. Shimano thing.......

Volant
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
I just read through this entire thread and the only thing that I can say is "Wow"! I would REALLY like to see a full-sized shot of Old, Fat, and Slow's avatar posted as quickly as possible! :beer:

Texbike

+1 That may help warm things up. ;)

Frankwurst
01-25-2011, 06:16 PM
:

Learning is something for ALL of us no matter how old we are. Understanding and respecting others is something we all need (yeah me too)> You can read the news everyday and see things growing apart on everyday things among a YES group and the NO group of whatever the topic.
is - understanding and respecting others is important.

PETE

This is true but there will come a time in MY life when it no longer is true to me. It will be referred to by others as the day Frank died. Thanks to you and all the other moderators who do their best to keep this forum alive and civil. I for one appreciate it. It's a real nice forum (as is the other) with alot of nice people providing real good information. I for one enjoy it. :beer:

1centaur
01-25-2011, 06:26 PM
I guess the one thing I learned from this thread is from akelman's experience:

Don't leave the subtle punch line until too late because by then somebody might have missed the point :)

I was reading the quoted lines in Pete's response thinking, "wow, akelman said that?" and then got to the punch line and thought, "ooh, fished in." But if I were scanning as a mod I probably would have missed that. I do marketing presentations all the time and am always re-learning how fast I have to hit the high point.

I think the two forums get along better now than ever and definitely have their own separate and distinct flavors. Each is good for what it's good for and if approached that way there should be no us and them.

Fixed
01-25-2011, 06:44 PM
since i came back to cycling i go to both forums just like i'd go to the bluenote and village vanguard if i could
cheers
imho

54ny77
01-25-2011, 06:55 PM
if you want to get really dirty you'd go to smalls, where the quality is hit or miss. when it's a hit (typically after 2 a.m.), it soars. when a miss, eh....at least no money wasted on fruit punch. :hello:

since i came back to cycling i go to both forums just like i'd go to the bluenote and village vanguard if i could
cheers
imho

Fixed
01-25-2011, 06:59 PM
next trip it is on the list
cheers

DRZRM
01-25-2011, 07:07 PM

thank you for reading.

ps

arrange disorder

I apologized to e-RICHIE directly in a PM and I'll do so here. I should not have put his name into this and worse I wrongly describing his participation in events. I actually didn't suggest that he participated in any fight, and didn't have any firsthand knowledge that would allow me to describe his roll in starting that forum, but I should have made that more clear and really just kept his name out of my response to a question asked. I obviously overstated my knowledge of events. By suggested that Serotta rules targeted anyone (I think they had always been in place) or that he left here with any bad feelings (I could not have known that and I actually knew that he never left here at all--I saw that he posted here within the last week and obviously never "quit" this forum at all) I obviously offended Mr. Sachs.

Very sorry.

As for the rest, I've regularly participated here for coming up on seven years. I simply don't understand why this topic is so taboo that these posts were in need of censor. I didn't see anything hurtful or mean in this thread (including akelman's response).

This sort of response becomes a self fulfilling prophesy to Ahneida Ride's response. Pete, I meant it when I said this need not be contentious. As a moderator, it's your forum to run, but it felt like you were looking for transgressions that I don't think were there (maybe something got pulled before I saw it). I will say I wish the rules about off limit topics and behaviors were a bit clearer.

jlwdm
01-25-2011, 07:19 PM

As a moderator, it's your forum to run, but it felt like you were looking for transgressions that I don't think were there (maybe something got pulled before I saw it)...

The problem is you have posters bad mouthing VSalon every day so moderators are kind of on the edge at all times. Some people seem to think many members of this forum make great posts here and I guess bad posts across the hall.

It gets tiresome. They both are great places.

Jeff

Pete Serotta
01-25-2011, 07:38 PM
You are such a trouble maker. Next thing we know you will be recommending SP pedals. ;)

I have used speedplay extensively for over 5 years. I like the product for it works for me.

DO not "attack" on OLDPOTATOE because attacking is a no no here and he is a asset to the forum and a friend that I respect for his knowledge and the sharing of that experience.

Thanks Pete (I am trying to mellow :crap: :crap: ) PETE

BumbleBeeDave
01-25-2011, 07:56 PM
. . . would appear to be out of control. :crap:

Let's all drive out to SoCalSteve's, camp in his basement, and go ride our a**es off every day!

I'm so tired of spin classes . . .

BBD

znfdl
01-25-2011, 08:03 PM

Let's all drive out to SoCalSteve's, camp in his basement, and go ride our a**es off every day!

BBD

BBD, come down to Va, I am riding a fixed gear century this weekend and need company.....

dave thompson
01-25-2011, 08:07 PM

BBD
C'mon down to Cabo and I'll teachya all about the medicinal properties of Tequila.

BumbleBeeDave
01-25-2011, 08:12 PM
C'mon down to Cabo and I'll teachya all about the medicinal properties of Tequila.

. . . let me pose for a picture with you and your muscles? :D

BBD

jlwdm
01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
DO not "attack" on OLDPOTATOE because attacking is a no no here and he is a asset to the forum and a friend that I respect for his knowledge and the sharing of that experience.

PETE

Now Pete you are going to far. If you have been reading recent threads you would know this was a joke.

Jeff

dave thompson
01-25-2011, 08:14 PM
. . . let me pose for a picture with you and your muscles? :D

BBD
Boy, are you in for a boatload of disappointment!

nahtnoj
01-25-2011, 08:30 PM
I have used speedplay extensively for over 5 years. I like the product for it works for me.

Thanks Pete (I am trying to mellow :crap: :crap: ) PETE

I was going to start posting more with emoticons, but it seems even that doesn't help.

A lot of us who had posts deleted replied with humor and nuance that seems to have been totally lost in translation.

My reply - about the Salon being formed to posting pics of supermodels and sailing videos - was an ironic commentary on the confusion and arguing that I felt sure would follow.

I guess - :beer: :D :banana: :banana: :beer: :rolleyes: - could have been included too, but was it really that hard to tell it was a joke? Who would seriously think that was the reason?

For the record, I love the Salon. I post over there all the time. Some things are better there, some things are better here. C'est la vie.

justinf
01-25-2011, 08:35 PM
For the record, I love the Salon. I post over there all the time. Some things are better there, some things are better here. C'est la vie.

Cheers. Many of us have long and storied histories in both rooms, and that's a damn good thing.

Hope you guys have a nice evening.

fiamme red
01-25-2011, 08:55 PM
I peeked through the keyhole across the hall, and this is what I saw:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4152/4840251525_34a5c1dabe_o.jpg

SoCalSteve
01-25-2011, 08:59 PM

BBD

WE don't really have basements here in SoCal. But, I do have a nice lawn you can camp out on.

Bring a tent!

Everyone is welcome, from here and across the hall.

Steve

BumbleBeeDave
01-25-2011, 09:03 PM
I peeked through the keyhole across the hall, and this is what I saw:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10703870@N06/4840251525/

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4152/4840251525_34a5c1dabe_o.jpg

That's obviously TooTall there in the right foreground trying to ride that steed with the impeccably glued wooden tubies . . .

But which one is The Jerk? :D :beer: ;)

You realize, of course, that they are probably posting that same pic over there and saying it's us? . . . :banana:

BBD

Johny
01-25-2011, 09:03 PM
Count our blessings to have great friends, forums, and moderators.

Ride with forum pals and get to know them: they are real and they are spectacular.

happycampyer
01-25-2011, 09:04 PM
Really the best place to hang out is by that pole outside of JackB's house (especially if you ride a 55/56).

William
01-25-2011, 09:10 PM
Hey, at least I can say I didn't post in this thread.

AW CRAP!! :crap:

William

pbjbike
01-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey, at least I can say I didn't post in this thread.

AW CRAP!! :crap: William

'Cause you're bigger than this snowball fight, bra. :beer:

onekgguy
01-25-2011, 10:22 PM
A full day at work today followed by 50 miles on my rollers followed by time reading with my pups on my lap followed by time in front of the tv with my wife watching the sotu address. I'd love to join you here but I don't have the time most of you do.

Kevin g

pdmtong
01-25-2011, 11:05 PM
Really the best place to hang out is by that pole outside of JackB's house (especially if you ride a 55/56).

ROTFLMAO !! true 'dat!

Louis
01-25-2011, 11:45 PM
Given the excellent search function on this forum, have you ever asked yourself why these "What does "across the hall" mean?" questions come up with such regularity?

97CSI
01-26-2011, 06:31 AM
DO not "attack" on OLDPOTATOE because attacking is a no no here and he is a asset to the forum and a friend that I respect for his knowledge and the sharing of that experience. PETEAll in good fun and Peter (that 'oldpotatoe') knows that and gives as good as he gets. If he's pissed he will hold onto that spoke-kit I just bought from him to teach me a lesson. :cool: (which, of course, he would never do - he's a pro).

Was in 'forum retirement' when all this split stuff took place, so was interesting to read the several takes on same from e-richie and other long-time members. Seems the proverbial mountain out of molehill type of thing.

paulh
01-26-2011, 07:17 AM
Ride with forum pals and get to know them: they are real and they are spectacular

texbike
01-26-2011, 09:04 AM
Ride with forum pals and get to know them: they are real and they are spectacular

One of the VERY best episodes...

Texbike

fiamme red
01-26-2011, 09:07 AM
Given the excellent search function on this forum, have you ever asked yourself why these "What does "across the hall" mean?" questions come up with such regularity?By the way, can someone please explain what "atmo" means? :confused:

;) :p :)

dancinkozmo
01-26-2011, 09:58 AM
By the way, can someone please explain what "atmo" means? :confused:

;) :p :)

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

StellaBlue
01-26-2011, 12:03 PM
This isn't closed yet?

Ahneida Ride
01-26-2011, 12:55 PM
This isn't closed yet?

time to close ....