PDA

View Full Version : Great New Magazine - Peloton

19wisconsin64
01-25-2011, 10:22 AM
There is a great new cycling magazine on the stands - Peloton. www.pelotonmagazine.com/

Great writing, great article choices, well worth a look! I ride vintage steel bikes, and they even had a few items of interest in there for me.

I don't work for this magazine in any way, just thought I'd pass this along!

Cheers

FlashUNC
01-25-2011, 10:43 AM
I picked up the first issue.

Between the typos and the rather fluffy interviews, the only thing I really enjoyed was Patrick Brady's writing.

Maybe it'll improve as time progresses, but I wasn't super impressed with it.

MerckxMad
01-25-2011, 11:33 AM
The "premier" issue has been sitting on the newstands in my neighborhood for at least 4 months. I guess they finally got around to publishing a second issue.

I lump this mag into the same category as Road Magazine. Too many photo spreads with captions masquerading as articles.

Hawker
01-25-2011, 12:23 PM
The "premier" issue has been sitting on the newstands in my neighborhood for at least 4 months. I guess they finally got around to publishing a second issue.

I lump this mag into the same category as Road Magazine. Too many photo spreads with captions masquerading as articles.

Agreed. I bought the first issue, not sure I'm going to buy the second. Ditch all the photos and give us some good road tests and articles about riding...not just racing. Love Patrick Brady's stuff. How about a column from Maynard Hershon?

19wisconsin64
01-25-2011, 07:00 PM
Only read the second volume. It seems as though the comments were more or less addressed.

Had an article on free techniques to make you faster, and article or two on traveling and cycling. A long article on Eddy M. An article on an 11 pound bike. Heck, they even threw in the bike that Eric Heiden won his '85 world championship on (a custom Ritchey).

Can't hurt to have another high-end cycling magazine!

Uncle Jam's Army
01-25-2011, 07:48 PM
I picked up the first issue.

Between the typos and the rather fluffy interviews, the only thing I really enjoyed was Patrick Brady's writing.

Maybe it'll improve as time progresses, but I wasn't super impressed with it.

I posted essentially the same thing about two months ago after reading the first issue. The typos and editing were brutal. I'll buy the second issue to see if things have improved, but I doubt I'll continue to purchase it if it is more of the same that I saw in Issue 1.

I really hope this succeeds, as they are a local mag (South Pasadena, a cool "little town" in the shadows of downtown L.A. where I lived for 7 years).

LegendRider
01-26-2011, 06:37 AM
The second issue was an improvement in my opinion. The article of Belgian beers was mouth watering!

BdaGhisallo
01-26-2011, 07:03 AM
I share all of your impressions of the first issue, but the second issue was an improvement. If they do a really in depth historical article each month it'll be great.