PDA

View Full Version : OT-I live in Wisconsin and the Packers are Super Bowl bound

Mikej
01-24-2011, 12:02 PM
Please shoot me now - I cant take it anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tuxbailey
01-24-2011, 12:03 PM
You are not a cheesehead?

johnnymossville
01-24-2011, 12:04 PM
At least two weeks of craziness to go. Who knows how much longer after that.

MadRocketSci
01-24-2011, 01:47 PM
Go Packers.

Having grown up in Chicagoland, never woulda thunk of saying it, but as a former long-time resident of the SF bay area, victory would be a great Aaron Rodgers F-U to Jed York.

buck-50
01-24-2011, 02:24 PM
Here's the thing- if they'd lost, it would be even worse right now.

Figure half the state is in a pretty good mood this morning and if they win the superbowl, that good mood will carry about to march.

So, be happy for everyone that their team won.

PBWrench
01-24-2011, 02:51 PM
Being a diehard Vikings fan --I have one more reason to hate the Packers - you laughed way too loudly as we suffered through Favre this season. Actually, Go Packers - Rodgers is the real deal. :hello:

Larry
01-24-2011, 02:53 PM
Packers win by 10 points. :beer:

97CSI
01-24-2011, 03:00 PM
Packers win by 10 points. :beer:Don't care if they win by a tenth of a point, as long as they win. When/where is the SB this year?

MadRocketSci
01-24-2011, 03:05 PM
Here's the thing- if they'd lost, it would be even worse right now.

Figure half the state is in a pretty good mood this morning and if they win the superbowl, that good mood will carry about to march.

So, be happy for everyone that their team won.

+1

My parents used to live in Buffalo. During those 4 years. Watching an entire city go through grief counseling is no fun. but at least no cars were tipped and/or burned...perhaps the calming canadian winds helped?

Ken Robb
01-24-2011, 04:45 PM
Dallas 2/6/11

that guy
01-24-2011, 04:58 PM
Gooooooooooo Steelers! :banana:

Frankwurst
01-24-2011, 05:27 PM
Big day for Cheeseheads in the world of football. I wish I had a dollar for every ounce of beer that was consumed in the state of Wisconsin yesterday.
Hell I wish I had a dollar for every ounce of beer I consumed. :beer:

dogdriver
01-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Order your meat and cheese tray early!

Frankwurst
01-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Order your meat and cheese tray early!

That would be Sausage and Cheese Tray. :beer:

Jeff N.
01-24-2011, 06:39 PM
Nice to see Rex and his Jets go on home. The Pack'll have their hands full with the Steelers, I can promise you that. But I'll be pulling for the Packers! (A. Rodgers lives here in SD I'm told...) Jeff N.

moran
01-24-2011, 07:23 PM
Aaron Rodgers lives in GB you goof! He belongs to GB Country Club and all the Moms/Ladies ogle him when he sits in the hottub.

Ray
01-24-2011, 07:56 PM
The Pack'll have their hands full with the Steelers, I can promise you that.
I'm afraid they'll have their hands TOO full with the Steelers, but I hope they can find a way to beat them. The Steelers are just that super-tough team that finds a way to get it done. And, as much as I wish it weren't true, big Ben is a hell of crunch time player. I can't stand the guy and I'd like to see him get hurt early and leave the game (I'm not usually that much of a jerk, but everything about that guy grates on my nerves), but I'm afraid if he's in there, they're gonna find a way to win. Green Bay is damn tough - I just don't know if they're THAT tough.

-Ray

Jeff N.
01-24-2011, 08:05 PM
Aaron Rodgers lives in GB you goof! He belongs to GB Country Club and all the Moms/Ladies ogle him when he sits in the hottub.
Aaron Rodgers has a residence in San Diego as well, care to check it. Del Mar, to be exact, one of it's notable residents. I've read it many times.

pjm
01-25-2011, 08:34 AM
They do play on the frozen tundra of Lambeau Field, but they're not really that kind of team. They're a passing team that thrives on a fast track in nice conditions which is exactly what they'll have in Dallas. Look what they did to the #1 seed in Atlanta. Go Pack!

Geeeewiz
01-25-2011, 09:42 AM
Im torn. Not being from the Midwest (I am from the south and we get the #1 pick) the pack is not my team nor is the steelers. However I do like Big Ben and I have wanted A Rog to do well since he was somewhat snubbed on draft day. Who to root for???? It should be a good match up either way.

jacques_anqueti
01-25-2011, 10:46 AM
...Rahm Emanuel lives in Chicago. Not!

Go Steelers! Anybody! Sombody! Beat the Packers!

moran
01-25-2011, 06:28 PM
Aaron Rodgers has a residence in San Diego as well, care to check it. Del Mar, to be exact, one of it's notable residents. I've read it many times.

I was teasing.....

daylate$short
01-25-2011, 06:39 PM
I will soon be from the part of Michigan that calls the Green Bay the home team. Gotta beat having Detroit as the home team.....
Go Packers!

TMB
01-25-2011, 06:41 PM
Am I the only one that thinks football is a stupid game??

That said.

The Packers for the win.

Frankwurst
01-25-2011, 06:46 PM
I will soon be from the part of Michigan that calls the Green Bay the home team. Gotta beat having Detroit as the home team.....
Go Packers!

You gonna be a Uper? :beer:

Frankwurst
01-25-2011, 06:50 PM

That said.

The Packers for the win.

No. It just makes this time of year more entertaining for those of us that live on a frozen piece of earth covered with white slippery stuff. Not to mention the fact it gives us an excuse (not that I need one) to drink excessively. :beer:

Ray
01-25-2011, 07:24 PM

I think its stupid and brutal and violent and sort of insane to still play it at the gladiatorial level its played at today, with the players as big, fast, and strong as they are now. The damage they regularly inflict on each other should not be considered entertainment. I like it less and less every year. But I grew up with it, played in high school, and several of my childhood heros came from it. So I still watch it. Not as much as I used to, but enough to generally know what's going on and who's good and who's not.

Hi, I'm Ray, and I'm a football fan. Maybe there's a 12-step treatment plan for this?

-Ray

Nil Else
01-25-2011, 09:15 PM
I'm a Bears fan and I need to go through a 12-step program (I pray everyday we get a different owner or another team to come to Chicago). I could easily be a Packers fan... they are always a dangerous team and I like that... however I can't stand Aaron Rodgers. I guess for no other reason than that fist pump of his, ie, his personality (am I the only one? I guess I'm a Bears fan). I agree he is a legit great quarter back but I just can't stand watching him do that fist pumping after a touch down (even when it doesn't involve Bears) therefore I simply have to root for Steelers :p

daylate$short
01-26-2011, 09:36 PM
You gonna be a Uper? :beer:

:beer: :beer: Holy wah, you know yer geography der hey?

rugbysecondrow
01-26-2011, 09:39 PM
I think its stupid and brutal and violent and sort of insane to still play it at the gladiatorial level its played at today, with the players as big, fast, and strong as they are now. The damage they regularly inflict on each other should not be considered entertainment. I like it less and less every year. But I grew up with it, played in high school, and several of my childhood heros came from it. So I still watch it. Not as much as I used to, but enough to generally know what's going on and who's good and who's not.

Hi, I'm Ray, and I'm a football fan. Maybe there's a 12-step treatment plan for this?

-Ray

Pitchers and catchers report in 2 weeks and 4 days...should be a fun baseball season.

ciclisto
01-29-2011, 12:04 AM
black and yellow The Steelers, we win every other year it is just our turn again sorry.........although it is great two teams without cheerleaders are playing
visualize this "troy polamalu smacking aaron then Harrison hits him on the next play" sweet..........

bironi
01-29-2011, 12:47 AM
Aaron is class.
Ben is crass.

But I do like both teams' uniforms.

The game should be played in an outdoor field somewhere between Green Bay and Pittsburgh.

:beer:

SEABREEZE
01-29-2011, 08:34 AM
Two good teams = a great super bowel game...( We all hope )

Pitt fan, however Packers have every much a chance to win this game.

As they say @ dog shows XXX team was the better performer today.

Thats what this game boils down to between two very good teams.

Just hope it stays a interesting game throughout.