PDA

View Full Version : Polar S100

LegendRider
05-17-2005, 10:04 AM
Does anyone have the Polar S100 combination bike computer and heart rate monitor? I'd like to hear any feedback. I will say upfront I don't want a power meter or downloadable functions - I want to keep this as simple as possible. By the way, Polar offers a 30% discount if you trade in an old HR monitor and my 1993 Accurex II is nearly history...

coylifut
05-17-2005, 10:56 AM
I have a very similar model. The bike computer part is just about useless. The HR part works great

Kurt
05-17-2005, 02:04 PM
and its not 30% its 40% for the $ 350 model 725 - no tax, free shipping. my understanding is that one has to trade a polar to get the discount. I just really want a basic bike computer with a hr monitor that does average - my sport ins 90 does not have that feature, which is pretty stupid since that is sort of the whole point - live and learn. Anyhow, I like the way the CS units mount to the stem, but also like the altitude and ascent feature of the 725, I would only use cad once in a while - with getting the unit for $ 210 one could almost use it for free for a year or two and then ebay it off.

LegendRider
05-17-2005, 02:54 PM
I spoke with Polar this morning and they mentioned 40% off of certain models, but I don't recall the specifics. Also, I wasn't clear re: the trade-in - only Polar-brand HR monitors are accepted.

Ozz
05-17-2005, 03:14 PM
is this a phone in deal or thru the polar website?

link please, if you have it....

Thanks.

Kurt
05-17-2005, 03:50 PM
is this a phone in deal or thru the polar website?

link please, if you have it....

Thanks.

just call em' ask for customer service - the amount off varies for different models - still think I am just going with the cs200cad, too much everything on the other models