PDA

View Full Version : DT 240s hub updates?

BdaGhisallo
05-17-2005, 08:23 AM
There was some discussion a few months back about the merits of these hubs and a few folks mentioned that they had recently bought them and some said that this was in a Joe Young wheelset. I am considering a wheelset from Joe with these hubs so I was wondering how both the hubs and the wheels as a whole were holding up with the benefit of more time and greater mileage.

Also, did anyone get the 240s with the silver decals rather than the ubiquitous red? Do they look any better?

Thanks.

Too Tall
05-17-2005, 08:24 AM
Buy and build with confidence. Both are top notch choices. Mine are running strong.

Chief
05-17-2005, 08:34 AM
I have 4,000 miles on my Joe Young built wheels with DT 240s hubs (red decals), 1.1 rims, and spokes with absolutely no problems. The wheels run as true and smooth as the day that I brought them home. I have the utmost confidence in Joe's wheelbuilding and would feel very much at ease with any recommendation that he would make. As e-Richie said, "Joe is without peers."

92degrees
05-17-2005, 08:44 AM
I was under the impression that the silver decals were used for DT Swiss pre-built wheels and not sold as components?

BdaGhisallo
05-17-2005, 09:37 AM
I was under the impression that people were referring to full on silver hubs when they mentioned what was available as oem only. I could be wrong though.

92degrees
05-17-2005, 09:43 AM
I was under the impression that people were referring to full on silver hubs when they mentioned what was available as oem only. I could be wrong though.

That may be true. I wanted silver but could only get red. Thought I would pull them off but they grew on me. Not literally.