woke up today fever and a cold bad body aches there goes my weekend ride
cheers

Steve in SLO
01-22-2011, 05:37 PM
Sorry to hear...feel better, Fixed.

Peter P.
01-22-2011, 06:06 PM
Yeah; I do, too.

A couple weeks ago, I was working on a police car in the sally port of a police department. The customer with with me for the entire 1 1/2 hours, coughing every 15 seconds. I asked him, "Are you sick?". "Yeah", he replied; "I've had this thing for a couple weeks and can't seem to shake it."

I knew I was doomed.

thwart
01-22-2011, 06:16 PM
Hey, if you have a fever, it may be the 'flu', which is a bit more than a cold.

A cold is kinda like your kid riding slowly down the street on training wheels...

And the flu is Paris-Roubaix.

In the rain.

Erik.Lazdins
01-22-2011, 06:43 PM
I love Paris Roubaix in the rain - yet hate what all in our family either are getting over, have, spiking the first fever, or having a tinge of a tingle in the throat.

Lets all get over this mamby-pamby illness stuff and get back on our bikes!

I rode the riv today on snow melted light slushy roads and felt fine till I stopped.

wc1934
01-22-2011, 07:52 PM
was in a meeting on thursday - everyone was hacking away - ran a few miles this morning - now i am starting to cough as well - just took a bunch of echinacea, drank a big margarita and getting to bed early - was scheduled to get a flu shot on wedneday

rwsaunders
01-22-2011, 08:18 PM
It is so cold outside right now, I can't even catch a cold.

fiddlels
01-22-2011, 08:19 PM
The colds seem to be lingering around for a longer time this year.

Ralph
01-22-2011, 08:21 PM
I got my flue shot a few months ago. Get one every year.

thenewguy11
01-22-2011, 08:33 PM
I've been coughing and blowing my nose for a few days. Unfortunately it hit when I was in Florida for work so I was that guy on the plane home coughing and blowing his nose. Probably infected half the plane.

ericspin
01-22-2011, 08:51 PM
Bro, hope you didn't catch the same strain I did. I had a sore throat for a damn week. Then the congestion was ushered in along with a couple days of fever. It has lasted long enough to turn into a sinus infection which is requiring an antibiotic. I reeeeeealy dislike taking antibiotics but I really trust my doc also. Have no idea how he makes any money considering how long he spends with me. Very thorough. Good luck with the recovery phase and hope it's short lived.

rpm
01-22-2011, 08:57 PM
Got my flu shot early this fall, but I still got the flu two weekends ago. Came on all of a sudden. Went to gym in the afternoon, felt fine, but by that night I had every symptom on the checklist.

The lovely combination of deep coughing and dry heaves caused a big pain in my side. It turns out I broke rib number 10 down low on my left side.

The flu went away in 5 days, but my rib will be healing for the next month. I can ride a spin bike, but my plan for core and upper body work went out the window. Winter sucks.

MadRocketSci
01-23-2011, 04:40 AM
was in a meeting on thursday - everyone was hacking away - ran a few miles this morning - now i am starting to cough as well - just took a bunch of echinacea, drank a big margarita and getting to bed early - was scheduled to get a flu shot on wedneday

Third day of the flu....and once again testing my theory that drinking to raise blood alcohol levels should kill all internal bugs. however, still not seeing results as I either a) haven't reached a sufficient BAL or b) i've got one of those alcohol resistant super-viruses....

SEABREEZE
01-23-2011, 08:27 PM
Was reading a book by a MD Dr, who discovered a product that a researcher formulated that stops a cold/flu in its tract if taken on first signs.

Its called Pro Boost . The Dr claimed to keep it in his medicine cabinet for his own family.

I called the company, and the first question I asked, who owns the company. They never heard of the Dr who had this in his book.

Well I ordered a box, and I can say it works as described. Instructions say to take 3 doses upon symptoms in the course of the day. The product comes in little packs like alka selzer, but this product is all tastless powder, that you put under tongue to absorb. It has somthing to do with supporting the thymus gland.

There's a phone contact in the book, to call the manufacture to order.
If someone may be interested, I'll be glad to get it for you. Just PM me

Disclosure:In no way do I have any affliation with the manufacture

Geeeewiz
01-25-2011, 07:13 AM
Just battled two weeks with two in the house having the FLU. Uggggg.

rugbysecondrow
01-25-2011, 07:21 AM
I was getting over one when a henious 24hour stomach bug hit the household. I finally feel hydrated again but the cold has come back some. With two kids under the age of 5 who are in day care, we seem to get all of this mess in my household.

Fixed
01-25-2011, 07:37 AM
i guess mine was the flu
wife and son have it too
fever is down for me
but still feel like crap
have not eaten much in 4 days
.son is off to doc. now
cheers