PDA

View Full Version : New campy Power Shift question

ultraman6970
01-22-2011, 12:54 PM
I know how the RD shift lever works and I really do not need anything else but the FD one is not well documented on how it works at all.

Anybody knows if its like scape? I mean, like one click and goes all the way up or down? (shimano like?) Or it is like a ratchet like the old QS? Have positions in the middle or something for trimming?

Anybody knows?

Thanks.

ps: tried to look into other postings and I found nothing.

oldpotatoe
01-22-2011, 01:20 PM
I know how the RD shift lever works and I really do not need anything else but the FD one is not well documented on how it works at all.

Anybody knows if its like scape? I mean, like one click and goes all the way up or down? (shimano like?) Or it is like a ratchet like the old QS? Have positions in the middle or something for trimming?

Anybody knows?

Thanks.

ps: tried to look into other postings and I found nothing.

Well, IME, it's something in between. Not the number of equal clicks like in Chorus/Record/SR but not as positional as 2007/8 Centaur and below Esacpe/Xenon based stuff.

It is enough like the stuff above it you can use a non 'PT' fd and have it work.

Altho the shift effort is light, not as light as 2009 Centaur and below.

ultraman6970
01-22-2011, 01:29 PM
Put my eye in the new veloce because of costs so at least it has some trimming??

oldpotatoe
01-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Put my eye in the new veloce because of costs so at least it has some trimming??

Yessir it does.

ultraman6970
01-22-2011, 01:33 PM
Cool thanks a lot for the heads up.