PDA

View Full Version : things to get you through the long winter?

d_man16
01-22-2011, 06:54 AM
What music keeps you going on the trainer?

I love these songs but I'm seeking inspiration after a month and a half they are starting to wear me out any suggestions?

Voodoo child- J Hendrix - hard pushes
Come As you are - Nirvana - dreaming I'm in the pack
Son's gonna rise - Citizen Cope - when I'm on my last push
Sunday Jen - Slackstring - cool down
Whole lotta of love - The Zeppelin - first sprint
Brush your shoulder off - Jay Z - when I'm feeling like a pimp'
Tamacun - Rodrigo y Gabby - and cool down spin

post yours!

Take Care

D-man

any more?

Dekonick
01-22-2011, 09:06 AM
Playing in the snow with your children.

The gym.

This forum.

Coffee.

Knowing that the earth will eventually get to the other side of the sun and things will get warm again...

:)

Bob Loblaw
01-22-2011, 09:15 AM
This is a fun thread.

I rarely ride the trainer, but when I do, I favor over/unders or 4 minute VO2 max intervals, so I like songs that build in intensity. These are also great for hill repeats.

Muse - "Take a Bow" (without question the best 4 minute interval song ever written)

Charles Mingus - "II B.S."

Muse - "Map of the Problematique"

Goldfrapp - "Train"

Sunna - "Power Struggle" (better for hill repeats than trainer intervals actually)

Muse - "Glorious"

BL

1centaur
01-22-2011, 09:30 AM
I do long hill climbs on the trainer. The one song that helps me most is California Love by Tupac and Dr. Dre.

witcombusa
01-22-2011, 11:04 AM
Ski

Ski

Ski

dave thompson
01-22-2011, 11:16 AM
Playing in the snow with your children.

The gym.

This forum.

Coffee.

Knowing that the earth will eventually get to the other side of the sun and things will get warm again...

:)

While waiting for this to happen, I go to Cabo!

learlove
01-22-2011, 11:20 AM
jim beam, hookers and maybe alittle yeyo now and then

hammerdocnomo
01-22-2011, 11:26 AM
I ride and watch boxing matches. 10 rounds of 3 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute recovery between rounds.

Also, I will watch a soccer match and sprint when my team is in possession and soft pedal when they aren't. 45 minute half can go by pretty quickly. Roads clear, I'm on them.

Dekonick
01-22-2011, 12:36 PM
I ride and watch boxing matches. 10 rounds of 3 minute sprint intervals with 1 minute recovery between rounds.

Also, I will watch a soccer match and sprint when my team is in possession and soft pedal when they aren't. 45 minute half can go by pretty quickly. Roads clear, I'm on them.

Awesome idea!

Louis
01-22-2011, 03:04 PM

Do you stop if the guy you're rooting for gets knocked down? ;)

As Dave said, those are both good ideas to keep you mind distracted.

I gave up on indoor riding years ago and do the rowing machine, core exercises and some basic dumbbell weightlifting.

hammerdocnomo
01-22-2011, 05:07 PM
[QUOTE=Louis]Do you stop if the guy you're rooting for gets knocked down? ;)

Ha! But I stopped watching early Mike Tyson matches. I would have to watch too much Don King! "Only in America"

avalonracing
01-22-2011, 05:22 PM
Hitting the gym (beats hitting the bottle or the wife) & posting nonsense on the Serotta forums.