PDA

View Full Version : Rethinking "Today's Redneck Encounter"

bulliedawg
05-16-2005, 04:16 PM
Unfortunately certain individuals tend to discriminate against certain groups of people and not to others. Some seem to discriminate against just about everyone. Bad people are bad people and they come in many shapes and colors.

Sandy

I agree with Sandy. Either you love people or you don't. I try to see value in everybody. I know plenty of rednecks who are way more open minded and accepting than most cyclists.

My good friend Chris Carter would scare the pudding out of most of you if you were to meet him. Today I went for a ride and there was a van with Gwinnett license plates pulled over on the side of the road. Three or four Mexicans standing around, while Chris was leaning under the hood, his pickup pulled over in front of the van. I stopped to see what was going on. I ended up lending Chris my cell phone so he could call his friend at the local NAPA to bring him a hose. The Mexicans were ultimately helped by a cooperative effort that crossed several socioeconomic "divides."

BTW, I have a friend who rides a very red Cannondale. I mean very red. I once heard Chris say, "That bike is red as a dog's d-ck!" Those of you with male dogs will appreciate Chris' comment. My buddy spit out his Gatorade he laughed so hard.

flydhest
05-16-2005, 04:44 PM
yeah, except that you can't discriminate against everybody, by definition . . .

dislike everybody, sure, but discriminate against . . . can't be done.

you see me, I just dislike everyone, but it makes no difference to me where they're from, what they look like, or nuthin'.

Kevan
05-16-2005, 04:49 PM
Flyd.

This coming from a guy with poor discriminating taste.

Ozz
05-16-2005, 05:20 PM
you see me, I just dislike everyone, but it makes no difference to me where they're from, what they look like, or nuthin'.

yeah, but you have a nice dog so you can't be all bad! :beer: